Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WTF??!!!? - The 'What The F*ck' Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,649 ✭✭✭Charlie-Bravo

^wow, the flow is mesmerising.

-. . ...- . .-. / --. --- -. -. .- / --. .. ...- . / -.-- --- ..- / ..- .--.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭Paddy Cow

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,775 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

511929.jpg

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,775 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

TmraFMn.jpg

NHZWk60.jpg

• Advertisement

457191.jpg

inforfun wrote: »
    Is it my computer or that website but all I get it audio and no video? It was the same with the link you posted in the Bawwww thread. Anyone else having a problem?

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 20,862 Mod ✭✭✭✭inforfun

Obviously, i dont have that problem.
    Try different browsers maybe?
    (Chrome here)

inforfun wrote: »
    Obviously, i dont have that problem.
    Try different browsers maybe?
    (Chrome here)
    It's definitely my computer. It's started doing the same thing on YouTube - will only play audio. Ahhhhh! It's only a year old. I hope there's nothing seriously wrong with it.

• Advertisement

This is what $20 million look like (I don't know what value the individual banknotes are, but I'd have thought they'd occupy more space). They really should've spread them out more, the mattress would've felt lumpy.

512162.jpg

In a much milder WTF way...
    46638.jpg

New Home wrote: »
    This is what $20 million look like (I don't know what value the individual banknotes are, but I'd have thought they'd occupy more space). They really should've spread them out more, the mattress would've felt lumpy.

512162.jpg
    I saw this on another site and thought the exact same. I have way too much time on my hands this evening so did some calculations. The largest bank note in circulation in America is $100 but they are not that common, much like the €500 note. $50 notes are less conspicuous.

Lets say each bundle is worth $10,000. That means there are 2,000 bundles.
    If a bundle is made up of $100's, there are 100 notes per bundle.
    If a bundle is made up of $50's, there are 200 notes per bundle.

Those bundles are pretty big, so for arguments sake, we'll go with $50's (either way it makes no difference, as the number of bundles is the same).

In the top three sections of bed, I count 8 across, 12 down and lets say they are stacked 4 deep. That makes 8x12x4=384. The second section of the bed looks emptier but even if it held the same as the top, it would still only be 384x2=768 bundles or $7,680,000. Still a sh!t ton of money but a far cry from $20 million.

Unless they have a few cheques at the bottom... :pac:

Those figures assume they're only US dollars, a couple of €500 bundles mixed in there would soon reduce the volume needed.

Those figures assume they're only US dollars, a couple of €500 bundles mixed in there would soon reduce the volume needed.
    Totally agree. But the meme says it's $20 million. It doesn't say € :P

Plus euro notes are coloured, which would make it easier to estimate whereas dollar notes are all the same/similar, which makes it harder.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,176 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

This site shows from $100 to a Trillion Dollars in increments. It's based on $100 bills, but even if you're using $20 or $50 bills it'd be easy to see how $20 million could fit in a bed.

$1 million vs $100 million in $100 bills:
    pile.jpgpallet.jpg

This site shows from $100 to a Trillion Dollars in increments. It's based on $100 bills, but even if you're using $20 or $50 bills it'd be easy to see how $20 million could fit in a bed.

$1 million vs $100 million in $100 bills:
    pile.jpgpallet.jpg
    The bills on that site though are fresh off the printing press. The ones in the bed are used ones. There's a big difference.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,816 ✭✭✭unclebill98

You can fit €2.5m in 50's into a Tesco's trolly with room, new or old once its strapped correctly. The same trolly will hold €5m if they are 100's and €25m if its all in 500's. So yeah, it could easily be $20m there.

You can fit €2.5m in 50's into a Tesco's trolly with room, new or old once its strapped correctly. The same trolly will hold €5m if they are 100's and €25m if its all in 500's. So yeah, it could easily be $20m there.
    The only way you'll get me to believe that is if you come around to my house and shove $20 million into my bed :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,816 ✭✭✭unclebill98

Paddy Cow wrote: »
    The only way you'll get me to believe that is if you come around to my house and shove $20 million into my bed :pac:

Your pillow talk is top notch my friend :D

36838.jpg

78617.jpg

No park rangers to protect your picnic baskets from Yogi, I suppose.

I wouldn't do that, if I were you...

VLqoKpS.gif
    https://i.imgur.com/VLqoKpS.mp4

Also, that leash isn't gonna help one bit, if this chap decides to bolt, he'd rip your arm from its socket.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,748 ✭✭✭ganmo

New Home wrote: »
    I wouldn't do that, if I were you...

VLqoKpS.gif
    https://i.imgur.com/VLqoKpS.mp4

Also, that leash isn't gonna help one bit, if this chap decides to bolt, he'd rip your arm from its socket.

rule 1

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 91,301 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

^^^^^

1820_6027_500.jpeg

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 91,301 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

2463_fc09.jpeg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,179 ✭✭✭snow scorpion

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,326 Mod ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

• Advertisement

514377.jpg

Advertisement