Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WTF??!!!? - The 'What The F*ck' Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 822 ✭✭✭lapua20grain

Nice specimens of vulpes vespa

Wankus majoris is also acceptable

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,772 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Are you sure that's not the Barbie catalogue?

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,772 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Nice specimens of vulpes vespa
    Bravo.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,152 ✭✭✭✭silverharp

205R5Gx.jpg

drags out the old Fox News diversity of hosts picture

The Huffington Post isn't any different

https://twitter.com/lheron/status/733758898855940098

A belief in gender identity involves a level of faith as there is nothing tangible to prove its existence which, as something divorced from the physical body, is similar to the idea of a soul. - Colette Colfer

• Registered Users Posts: 39,287 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

silverharp wrote: »
    The Huffington Post isn't any different

Strange definition of “isn’t any different”.

• Advertisement

Mellor wrote: »
    Strange definition of “isn’t any different”.

:D I was going with the diversity angle, that fact that Fox hires better looking women is a whole different topic :pac:

A belief in gender identity involves a level of faith as there is nothing tangible to prove its existence which, as something divorced from the physical body, is similar to the idea of a soul. - Colette Colfer

:D I was going with the diversity angle, that fact that Fox hires better looking women is a whole different topic :pac:
    I got that it was about diversity, but I’m confused as to why you think the second isnt more diverse.
    Fox crew look like clones. The other group, blonde, brunette, white, asian, hispanic??(hard to tell, photo was taken with a potato)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,465 ✭✭✭KevRossi

I got that it was about diversity, but I’m confused as to why you think the second isnt more diverse.
    Fox crew look like clones. The other group, blonde, brunette, white, asian, hispanic??(hard to tell, photo was taken with a potato)

If the Huff Post group were representative of the standards that the Huff Post sets then there would be more POC's, more men, more older people etc etc. The group is racist, sexist and ageist according to standards that they try to set.

Personally, I couldn't care less, I work in an office with 85% non-Irish, about 12% POC, about 10% gay or lesbian, and where the overwhelming amount of managers are women. The odd thing is the owner is nowhere near PC, he just picks the best person for the job and couldn't be arsed with figures on diversity or any kind of virtue signalling.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,325 ✭✭✭iLikeWaffles

You would be brutal at guess who **puts down all with moustache

5f76f65c016cd_5jyzauae2wh41__700.jpg

"Customer refused all 4 tires on a rainy day, she also had to sign a waiver before releasing the car"

• Advertisement

...and this is just as bad...

5f770de6c6534_5uI-3FUtI-d9KWQt03Tg1gdxIrHEHqiCtSpQOKhpNa4__700.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 17,468 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

This a rental car - I'm confused

KevRossi wrote: »
    If the Huff Post group were representative of the standards that the Huff Post sets then there would be more POC's, more men, more older people etc etc. The group is racist, sexist and ageist according to standards that they try to set.

There are no men because it's a photo specifically of female editors. I very much doubt that they employ no men.
    I'm not sure why you expect there to be older people. It's a meeting of low level staff. I'd imagine their board meetings look very different.
    Asian and Hispanic count as POCs, no? There no black people if that's what you are getting at. But its a group of <20 out of 50,000 staff. Are you suggesting that all meetings within a company should be a representation of the diversity of the entire company. That's a bit ridiculous tbh.

fritzelly wrote: »
    This a rental car - I'm confused
    I'm guessing that the car was in a garage for other work and the mechanic said it needed new tyres, customer said NO.

Needed the disclaimer signing to avoid liability if something happened down the road.

The Fox one could easily be dismissed because Im guessing its clearly a cherry picked list, in 2 seconds of googling I can see that Fox have black male and female presenters.

Going by common left definitions of diversity these days, white people cant be diverse :pac:

The Fox one could easily be dismissed because Im guessing its clearly a cherry picked list,
    Sure. They have a lot of men left off in general. I don’t think it was supposed to present their entire staff.
    Going by common left definitions of diversity these days, white people cant be diverse :pac:
    Asians, Hispanics, aren’t “white” though. :confused:

Didn’t realised there was different definitions of diversity. Love to here the far rights interpretation. :pac:

Extreme lack of diversity can be worse!

698cc84bf1a4ff3fcdcd4854a5cfee77.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 6,910 ✭✭✭Sugarlumps

4iwunx497js51.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 18,996 ✭✭✭✭gozunda

There are no men because it's a photo specifically of female editors. I very much doubt that they employ no men.
    I'm not sure why you expect there to be older people. It's a meeting of low level staff. I'd imagine their board meetings look very different.
    Asian and Hispanic count as POCs, no? There no black people if that's what you are getting at. But its a group of <20 out of 50,000 staff. Are you suggesting that all meetings within a company should be a representation of the diversity of the entire company. That's a bit ridiculous tbh.

To this. Pro blm / Antifa / rioters arrested in Portland

Antifa-mugshots.jpg
    A majority of cases involve suspects who are white and male, constituting 77 and 67 percent respectively. 83 percent of the suspects are young adults aged 18–35. Juvenile data is not included.

https://thepostmillennial.com/portland-d-a-rejects-over-540-riot-related-cases-in-interest-of-justice

Diverse?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,468 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

Second row on the right - is that an alien wearing a wig?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,773 ✭✭✭✭BattleCorp

Extreme lack of diversity can be worse!

698cc84bf1a4ff3fcdcd4854a5cfee77.jpg

I never knew Martin Johnson who played rugby for England had a twin. :D

^^ first row on the left looks like a sketch artist's rendition of someone.

That's "Guess Who?", 2020 edition.

gozunda wrote: »

:confused: Sorry you've lost me, not sure what point you are trying to make.
    That's a selection of 24 people out of nearly 1000. Clearly not a random selection either.

Your quote says 77% where white. So 23% were non-white. US census data says that 76% of the population is white.
    So that distribution seems to be more of less inline with society. Obviously young people and male are more like to riot.

What exactly is the issue? You hardly think the rioters are excluding old black females from taking part. :pac::pac::pac:
    They look like extras in a Total Recall remake, but the reason for that would be obvious.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,996 ✭✭✭✭gozunda

:confused: Sorry you've lost me, not sure what point you are trying to make.That's a selection of 24 people out of nearly 1000. Clearly not a random selection either. Your quote says 77% where white. So 23% were non-white. US census data says that 76% of the population is white.So that distribution seems to be more of less inline with society. Obviously young people and male are more like to riot. What exactly is the issue? You hardly think the rioters are excluding old black females from taking part. :pac::pac::pac:
    They look like extras in a Total Recall remake, but the reason for that would be obvious.

I think you are getting caught up a bit too much in what are simply wtf moments.

Posted as a foil to Capt'n Midnights photo for a humourous comparison

205R5Gx.jpg

In terms of diverse 'looks" - I'd say its a different planet

Antifa-mugshots.jpg

And yes before you say it - yes I know that are different groups and the photo I posted is a selection - god help us . :pac: :pac: :pac:

gozunda wrote: »
    And yes before you say it - yes I know that are different groups and the photo I posted is a selection - god help us . :pac: :pac: :pac:

It seemed like you were trying to make a ridiculous point about diversity. Apologies if I misread.
    That like if idiocy is so common these days I tend to assume the worst off the best.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,998 ✭✭✭Nerdkiller1991

• Registered Users Posts: 6,149 ✭✭✭Mike Litoris

^^^ bahaha thats fcuked up!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,616 ✭✭✭milltown

BattleCorp wrote: »
    I never knew Martin Johnson who played rugby for England had a twin. :D

You need new glasses BC.
    That's clearly Martin Keown, the Arsenal defensive legend, beside him.
    No relation, despite sharing a name.

• Advertisement

Jesus it should be illegal to do this to a child, oh wait it is....

Advertisement