Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Upc broadband down in charlesland?

Options
  • 13-12-2012 1:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 800 ✭✭✭

Anyone else having problems with upc broadband in charlesland at the moment.
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 386 ✭✭JanneG

Yep,

down for me as well...

• Registered Users Posts: 741 ✭✭✭MyPerfectCousin

Yep - not good for us work at homes

• Registered Users Posts: 741 ✭✭✭MyPerfectCousin

Seems to be working again.

I had a lovely time using my phone and its 0.03 mbps connection!

/first world problems

• Registered Users Posts: 726 ✭✭✭dubsgirl

I called them and they said work in the area until 4pm
    However seems to be fine now?

I went ahead and lodged complaint as I have explained previously that people who work from home need advance notice when this is going to happen...

I very nearly had to go into the office and I'm allergic to it ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,028 ✭✭✭d31b0y

dubsgirl wrote: »
    I called them and they said work in the area until 4pm
    However seems to be fine now?

I went ahead and lodged complaint as I have explained previously that people who work from home need advance notice when this is going to happen...

I very nearly had to go into the office and I'm allergic to it ;)

I doubt your complaint will go very far towards getting advance notice for home Broadband users unfortunately. One would imagine that they have it all written up in their T's & C's.

If it's that important for you to have up time, it might be worth contacting them about their business broadband.

http://business.upc.ie/your_business/small_to_medium_enterprises/

No experience with it.

EDIT: actually, that's probably very old..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,663 ✭✭✭Charlie-Bravo

UPC broadband has been fairly sluggish over the last couple of days...anyone else experiencing this?

-. . ...- . .-. / --. --- -. -. .- / --. .. ...- . / -.-- --- ..- / ..- .--.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,980 ✭✭✭Plastik

Yes. It has been absolutely terrible in Seabourne for the last 48 hours or so.

grand, time to give 'em a bell.

Edit: They are aware of the problem and engineers are looking into it. If you are having any difficulties, please let them know.

• Registered Users Posts: 800 ✭✭✭Jimjay

astrofluff wrote: »
    grand, time to give 'em a bell.

Edit: They are aware of the problem and engineers are looking into it. If you are having any difficulties, please let them know.

Thanks astro. Mine too has been very slow, i was thinking its my network.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,936 ✭✭✭LEIN

UPC broadband has been fairly sluggish over the last couple of days...anyone else experiencing this?

Mine has been bogey since last night. Better tonight but not at its best.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 970 ✭✭✭dr ro

got a message from upc at 18.15 to say problem fixed. But it's still the same. Not fixed.

dr ro wrote: »
    got a message from upc at 18.15 to say problem fixed. But it's still the same. Not fixed.

Ditto.

Just took an age to download a 2.5MB PDF :eek:

Home phone not working that well either.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 rosicky

My download speed is only 6.70 and upload is 3.22 so there is a definite problem :(

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭lakeroad

Wireless on laptop & iphone my download speed is 4.0 and upload is 1.55. It's been bad for the last two weeks. It's ridiculous UPC.

Some cables being pulled on the Wood's side entrance, could be something to do with the bogey service.

• Registered Users Posts: 800 ✭✭✭Jimjay

My speed is only 4mb down, usually about 25.
    Has anyone rebooted their equipment since they said it was back up?

Jimjay wrote: »
    My speed is only 4mb down, usually about 25.
    Has anyone rebooted their equipment since they said it was back up?

Yes.

My speed is not as bad as yours but still half of what it should be.

UPC%20Ireland%20Speed%20Test.png

I'm trying to call them atm but have been on hold for the past 15 minutes....

Someone got the jump leads out.

Much better this evening :)

UPC%20Ireland%20Speed%20Test%20%282%29.png

• Registered Users Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭ellejay

Hi All

I'm in Charlesland, new to working at home.
    Do you mind me asking how is your broadband today?
    I'm with UPC also, upload speed only hitting 7 should be 25.

They'd organised an engineer to call out today, but cancelled the callout without even letting me know, is this normal for upc?

I phoned to ask them to change channels, that was how it came out that the call was cancelled.

This turning into a total nightmare.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭markest

A bit better today 17.23 Mbps download compared to 7 the last 2 days. It's normally around 20 so could have been works going on.

Thanks Markest

• Registered Users Posts: 1,374 ✭✭✭Eponymous

Got a text from them yesterday advising to swith off modem for a few mins to enable a speed upgrade to 30mbps.

Did so. Did speed test: 9.2mbps. Will have to try again with laptop wired to router tonight to see if it's any better, although even over wi-fi I normally get speeds around the 19 - 20mbps mark.

On a slightly related matter, are we able to get remote recording on Digital+? Gave it a go there and it asked me to put box on standby for 10 minutes. Obviously, being at work, that's not possible although I know the box is currently on standby! Or is it just something that we also don't get due to our hybrid service?

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭wardie214

It won't work in Charlesland until we have fibre. When it was originally announced and I couldn't get it, I rang and they sent a technician. When I told him the problem he went "FFS, they should know that in the support office"

[QUOTE=

On a slightly related matter, are we able to get remote recording on Digital+? Gave it a go there and it asked me to put box on standby for 10 minutes. Obviously, being at work, that's not possible although I know the box is currently on standby! Or is it just something that we also don't get due to our hybrid service?[/QUOTE]

Anyone's UPC broadband acting up again? Seems to be a little intermittent with the speeds and not downloading pages correctly (missing the stylesheet in some cases).

• Registered Users Posts: 386 ✭✭JanneG

Nope, all ok here...

• Registered Users Posts: 970 ✭✭✭cuddlycavies

Anyone's UPC broadband acting up again? Seems to be a little intermittent with the speeds and not downloading pages correctly (missing the stylesheet in some cases).
    Reset it. Turn off and back on again/

yes found it intermittent yesterday, bit of an improvement today but not fantastic. in charlesland woods.

Anyone else having problems?

Total loss of BB and phone here at the moment.

• Advertisement

It's just me. Modem killed itself last night.

Mobile BB will have to do until Monday :(

Advertisement