Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Upc broadband down in charlesland?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15 ckc

We had no BB or Phone at all yesterday. Didn't get a chance to check this morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,936 ✭✭✭LEIN

Anyone else having issues or having dropping I just had two suicides on my hands in as many weeks?

• Registered Users Posts: 800 ✭✭✭Jimjay

DD9090 wrote: »
    Anyone else having issues or having dropping I just had two suicides on my hands in as many weeks?

Yes. Mine was down last night and has just started to go up and down again tonight.

Thanks Jay. Same here. I'll get onto them in the morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭Stall The Ball 101

Been having trouble myself keeps coming and going, switched off the modem and that worked so far

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,663 ✭✭✭Charlie-Bravo

Hasn't been good for me at all for the past week. I've had to reset router a number of times...wifi connects fine, I can see the internal network, but the internet isnm't working. Router has both upstream and downstream lights on when I have this problem. What I notice most is when I'm viewing HD content on Youtube, it stalls and buffers for long periods.

-. . ...- . .-. / --. --- -. -. .- / --. .. ...- . / -.-- --- ..- / ..- .--.

• Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭eleMental

good to read, i just logged on here to ask the same question. my UPC broadband's been on and off every night the last 4 nights. have unplugged modem / router several times each night but same again tonight - the icon on the laptop gets that yellow exclamation mark every 5-10 mins, comes back then goes again. ill call them on monday aswell - they never believe its an issue in an entire area unless several people call to report.

• Registered Users Posts: 656 ✭✭✭FirstIn

Right. I'll get on to them also. Mine was also down during the week. However odd it alway seems to be late evening. Well for me anyways. Would suggest they're doing some work.

• Registered Users Posts: 386 ✭✭JanneG

Mine has been fine as far as I've seen.

Could there be an issue with a junction box over towards could guys? I'd say Astrofluff and Firstin could be quite likely to be on the same one based on proximity...

Ladies and Gents,

If you're still having problems like me, join me over here and let them know.

http://www.boards.ie/ttfthread/2057000684/1#post85691991

• Advertisement

I contacted UPC directly to resolve the issue and they changed frequencies for my router - all seems to be resolved since then. I can log onto router and discuss frequencies by PM if anyone wants...

• Registered Users Posts: 656 ✭✭✭FirstIn

Worth getting inssider app and using it to determine your best frequency/channel. On 2.4GHz which must use you can use channels 1, 6 or 11. I note most upc wireless boxes use 11. I moved to channel 1 after discovering that most of my neighhbours were also on ch11 and it improved things considerable.

Better still use 5GHz and you have lots of chanels to pick from :-)

However the issue here re service been down isn't due to clashing channels.

It wasn't a wifi issue as my desktop is hardwired by Ethernet. From what I recall UPC changed the channel IDs for me (I can see the channel IDs on the connection page of the router).

astrofluff wrote: »
    It wasn't a wifi issue as my desktop is hardwired by Ethernet. From what I recall UPC changed the channel IDs for me (I can see the channel IDs on the connection page of the router).

+1 but yet have time to call them.

Unusable atm, on hold to let loose at the moment....

Had problems myself too today - Phone went down and a long disconnect (30secs +) from mains sorted me out in the end.

Advertisement