Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

transferring data from iphone4 to iphone 5 and new laptop

• 13-12-2012 1:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭

ok for all those iphone and itunes experts ..... Hopefully this is the right forum to ask in...I think i'm doing this right, just wanna check it out and make sure.
    My iphone 5 arrived this morning. I also have a new laptop. My iphone 4 is synched on my itunes on my old laptop. So to get the data on my new iphone and new laptop am i right saying the following ....

Firstly my iphone4 is running ios5 .... will i have to update to ios6?

Then do i sync my iphone 4 to old laptop. Download itunes to new laptop. Put my itunes liberary from old laptop onto cd/dvd or external drive and transfer to new laptop. Plug iphone5 into old laptop as restore from backup? sync it. Then plug iphone 5 into new laptop as new device and backup?

Please let me know if this is correct or i'm missing something or doing something wrong. Also will my text messages and phone contacts transfer over when i activate my nano sim or only when i restore from back up? Also i dont use icloud and do i deauthorise on old laptop itunes?
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭fieryfox

anyone got any ideas?? please ??

• Registered Users Posts: 480 ✭✭MintyMagnum

fieryfox wrote: »
    anyone got any ideas?? please ??

I'd like to know too!

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,961 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

I'd like to know too!

Considering that post is over 3 years old, you should have started a new thread, for your set up. If you go to apple.com/ie>support>iPhone they explain how to do back ups and transfers for iPhones.

Advertisement