Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

EOS lip balm

• 13-12-2012 1:49pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 699 ✭✭✭

A while back I heard and saw reviews about the EOS lip balm, it's supposed to be natural etc... it comes in a nice shape and appealing flavours...
    Well I'm glad I didn't spend too much getting it shipped, I got my aunt to bring some with her from the States.
    Anyway, just saying in case you're interested in getting some: don't!
    I've been using it for months and I've come to this conclusion: not only does it not moisturise, it dries your lips. It dries them more than any lip balm I've ever tried. My cousin gave me hers after telling me this but I wanted to try for myself.
    Also, if you're prone to allergies, stay away! My sister put some and then got a giant burn-like rash around her mouth and had to get emergency help. Turns out it wasn't an allergic reaction but the effect of putting something that dries on already dry lips. I have to add she's never had something like this with any other lip balm.
    What a waste!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 319 ✭✭vibrantblue

I completely agree. It does absolutely nothing in terms of moisturising. Complete waste of money.

Luckily, I didn't experience any sort of allergies.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,056 ✭✭✭tan11ie

Agree...I got my Mam to pick me one in America, it's rubbish! my lips dry up to bits from it. Lucky enough she only got the one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 699 ✭✭✭lounakin

It's amazing how it does exactly the opposite as it's supposed to!

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Lazy_K

Heard lots of bad things about them!

Can't beat the bit of Burts bees!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 699 ✭✭✭lounakin

Yes, I was going to say the same! Burt's bees one work, especially the peppermint one. I only need to put it on once a day.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

Awh I like mine! Got the mint one. Still can't replace Carmex though! The ultimate lip balm!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭ams

I like the idea of it as hate sticking my fingers in my tin of vaseline but agree that it is not very moisturising.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭musical.x

It's one of the best lipbalms I have ever used. Keeps my lips moisturised and looking smooth and soft.

It's like every product though. Some people will love it and some won't. It's always worth trying it out for yourself first.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

I bought this, used it a few times and really disliked it!

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭Chloe29

EOS is the best lip balm I have ever used. I have really dry lips and have bought balms ranging from cheap to really expensive and nothing worked. EOS in an inexpensive miracle worker! Love it!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,028 ✭✭✭✭--LOS--

I've ordered it from uk sites before, I like it, it is moisturising, it definitely didn't dry up my lips more or anything, it can be hard for me to find vegan friendly lip balms. However it is definitely not the best lip balm I've ever used by any stretch, I really like 'yaoh' lip balms, I also found the packaging of eos quite impractical.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,925 ✭✭✭Sugarlumps

There's only one king of lip balm...Vicks Vapour Rub. Try it, knocks everything else out of the park.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 474 ✭✭Candy_Girl

It's one of the worse lip balms I've ever used, seems to dry my lips out more.

• Registered Users Posts: 439 ✭✭CBFi

I love mine. I find it really smoothes (did I spell that right?!) out my lips before lipstick and I like the lemon scent of mine. It also has SPF. Vaseline doesn't do anything except coat your lips I find.

Advertisement