Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

UPC Media Box speed

• 13-12-2012 2:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭

Hi, I'm wondering do all UPC Media Boxes respond as slowly as mine.
    When you select Guide and wait and wait while "Loading Information" ?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,568 ✭✭✭ethernet

I've a Pace (non-DVR) but it's just as slow. Press Guide and it's easily 8-10 seconds with the channel in the background frozen until everything loads. I've noticed lately programme info sometimes needs to load and adds to the delay even after the full guide has loaded. Painful.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Mine is the same, the EPG is either woefully unoptimised or the specs of the boxes are nowhere near good enough. Constant freezing while browsing, slow laggy input, shoddy design means my tv interferes with my buton presses meaning it can often take four or five attempts to input a channel number. At this stage I don't use the tv side of my package because as hard as it is to believe, its just too offputting & annoying to use. I'll leave it be for the Xmas but in Jan I'm getting it removed from my package :(

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭BTE72

Just had UPC installed today.
    Digimax bundle.
    Bit of a let down. I put up with the reduced broadband speed at 25mb and no HD at point of sale but i have just replaced my sky box with this beast of a set top box which is Noisy, slow and unresponsive. When i select the guide from the remote the channel i'm watching freezes! The up down buttons are laggy on the EPG.
    When watching channels i have been using the volume buttons and its trying to change channel to random channel numbers.
    Not a happy punter from day 1. I'll be on tomorrow first thing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

BTE72 wrote: »
    When watching channels i have been using the volume buttons and its trying to change channel to random channel numbers

Welcome to my world, its the single biggest problem for me with the box. I can put up with the laggy slow & freezing issues, but when your changing volume & the box decides to change channels...sorry thats becomes a huge pain.

The Sky box is in a different league, primarily because of the fact that it just works :(

Advertisement