Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Man with Donkey

Options
  • 13-12-2012 2:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,077 ✭✭✭

I was in town yesterday afternoon doing a bit of Christmas shopping and there was a guy with a donkey with reindeer antlers and a caravan burning turf behind him as he busked on a whistle.
    When i passed later in the afternoon the donkey seemed very distressed and braying (if thats what its called) loudly. Went I was in a shop nearby and they said he was at for a few hours and is on the corner all day every day.
    Anyone else see him, seems mad that he hasnt been stopped with laws against horses in cities and stuff. ANd the poor donkey out there all day.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

Where :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

ANd the poor donkey out there all day.

No toilet breaks? :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,077 ✭✭✭cfeeneyinterior

At the corner of Evergreen at the top of High street/Mainguard st

mikom wrote: »
    No toilet breaks? :eek:
    Dont take the Pi**

Aren't donkeys outside normally anyway?
    Was the caravan on a turf bonfire?

I don't understand the issue.

• Advertisement

Dont take the Pi**

Exactly.......... no toilet breaks.

snubbleste wrote: »
    Aren't donkeys outside normally anyway?
    Was the caravan on a turf bonfire?

I don't understand the issue.
    I just thought when the animal was being kept on the street all day and seemed distressed by all the people around that it was cruel. If nobody else does, then no issue I suppose. Just throwing it at out to the forum.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

I saw him there on Saturday but the donkey was calm, mind I was only there 5 mins looking.

If you think it's cruel contact the Gspca.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,940 ✭✭✭BhoscaCapall

People will find anything to moan about these days. Sure didn't a donkey go all the way to Bethlehem with Joseph and his woman? Didn't hear any mention of them stopping at the service station so the donkey could have a shíte now did ya?

• Advertisement

People will find anything to moan about these days. Sure didn't a donkey go all the way to Bethlehem with Joseph and his woman? Didn't hear any mention of toilet breaks in the Bible did ya?
    Bible is fiction. :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,468 ✭✭✭✭thesandeman

Saw him the other day but I thought it was some charity thing. There were two dogs snapping at the donkeys ankles but I presumed they were with him.

OK, lock this thread so, ispca notified

• Registered Users Posts: 12,161 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

Anyway its not just a donkey its a Rein-donkey.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,940 ✭✭✭BhoscaCapall

I've notified ISPCA that there's a wild eejit making threads on Boards

• Registered Users Posts: 3,456 ✭✭✭fishy fishy

the man, the donkey and the two dogs have been there last year also and possible the year before. If you looked closely enough, the donkey is well cared for, has his food laid out for him, his poo cleaned up, and thoroughly enjoys the attention from little kids. he is not being abused, and is well cared for.

Looking forward to the remaining Woman with Donkey and Boy with Donkey threads.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,924 ✭✭✭beardybrewer

There's a fella in Dingle with a similar setup. Wonder if it's the same guy? The dog would actually sleep on a blankey atop the donkey. Cute little cabin looking cart, burning turf, and he seemed to while away the hours playing the odd tune.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,711 ✭✭✭C.K Dexter Haven

newkie wrote: »
    There's a fella in Dingle with a similar setup. Wonder if it's the same guy? The dog would actually sleep on a blankey atop the donkey. .

That's how I saw it yesterday when passing them. While the donkey looked placid and certainly looked well looked after, he wasn't tethered which was a little concerning - Mad Reinkey goes bezzerk on Shop st. :D

OK, lock this thread so, ispca notified

♫ I see you baby, reportin' that ass........ reportin' that ass.

• Advertisement

hang-thine-head-in-shame.jpg
    OK I made a booboo. Im off thread making for a while now.. . . . . quietly walks away.

You shall donate a monetary paper note to the gentleman and his creatures for your sins and compliment him on his instrument.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,732 ✭✭✭rain on

Here's a picture of it from last weekend. Donkey seemed perfectly content when I was there, though admittedly I'm not an expert on the moods of donkeys.

61288_4309135961322_1742700581_n.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 10,468 ✭✭✭✭thesandeman

OK I made a booboo. Im off thread making for a while now.. . . . . quietly walks away.

Better safe than sorry. Still not sure if they should be there myself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,689 ✭✭✭joeKel73

newkie wrote: »
    There's a fella in Dingle with a similar setup. Wonder if it's the same guy? The dog would actually sleep on a blankey atop the donkey. Cute little cabin looking cart, burning turf, and he seemed to while away the hours playing the odd tune.

Yeah same fella - there was two messages sent to Galway freecycle looking for somewhere to park his cart overnight and some grazing land just outside
    Galway City where his donkey could stay.

• Registered Users Posts: 876 ✭✭✭keno-daytrader

rain on wrote: »
    Here's a picture of it from last weekend. Donkey seemed perfectly content when I was there, though admittedly I'm not an expert on the moods of donkeys.

61288_4309135961322_1742700581_n.jpg

After the huge success in the Shrek movies, wtf has happened to Donkey?

☀️ 6.72kWp ⚡2.52kWp south, ⚡4.20kWp west

• Registered Users Posts: 669 ✭✭✭GalwayGaillimh

Did the donkey play the Tin Whistle yet?

'Whistling donkey' leaves court in tears of laughter

Garda Scanlon told the court that having noticed the worn tyres on Mr Ó Muiris's Hiace van, his attention was immediately drawn to the inside of the vehicle, where he saw a donkey looking back at him.

He proceeded to tell Judge James O'connor how the said donkey is part of Mr Ó Muiris's renowned busking act, and is regularly seen with the defendant in Dingle.

When asked by the chuckling judge what the donkey did as part of the act, Garda Scanlon told him he played the tin whistle, causing an outburst of laughter in the courtroom.

Si Deus Nobiscum Qui Contra Nos

• Registered Users Posts: 25,966 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

Better safe than sorry. Still not sure if they should be there myself.

How's it an different to the horse and carriage guys that ply for hire in Eyre Square every summer?

All the donkey has to do is endure dubious whistle-playing all day, he's not being asked to pull fat tourists around.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,543 ✭✭✭Conmaicne Mara

Dear God, people keeping animals outdoors, the horror !!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,543 ✭✭✭Conmaicne Mara

Did the donkey play the Tin Whistle yet?

'Whistling donkey' leaves court in tears of laughter

Garda Scanlon told the court that having noticed the worn tyres on Mr Ó Muiris's Hiace van, his attention was immediately drawn to the inside of the vehicle, where he saw a donkey looking back at him.

He proceeded to tell Judge James O'connor how the said donkey is part of Mr Ó Muiris's renowned busking act, and is regularly seen with the defendant in Dingle.

When asked by the chuckling judge what the donkey did as part of the act, Garda Scanlon told him he played the tin whistle, causing an outburst of laughter in the courtroom.

I love this country :pac:

Advertisement