Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FYI: Biolite stove costs

Options
  • 13-12-2012 3:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 273 ✭✭

Apologies if this has been discussed before. I ordered the stove directly from the Biolite site. Only when I got to the end of the purchasing process did they hit me with the $50 shipping fees. This brought the price up to $179 - already, IMO an outrageous price for a bit of kit. Anyhow, I'd received a refund recently from paypal and as I was 'in the moment' decided to proceed. Today I received a text from DHL informing me that to release the item I had to pay over the phone, by card, govt import duty of €37.

Lesson learned the hard way I suppose. Don't order anything over €22 from outside the EU.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 428 ✭✭wolfeye

The euro is pretty strong against the us$ so what you lose on postage you can gain on the exchange rates.
    Plus alot items are cheaper in the USA.
    The private couriers collect all duties due for the Irish goverment so alot of the time can make the item expensive.
    Next time use ups for postage.

Advertisement