Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Lost backup

• 13-12-2012 3:21pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭

Hi all,
    A friend of mine got a new iPhone 4s. He plugged his old iPhone 4 into his itunes on his PC and as he hadn't done so in a while, it asked him to update his software (to IOS 6 I assume). He did so and then chose 'restore from backup' (on my advice) and it did, but used a backup from last May. I thought that during the process of installing the IOS update, a backup would have had to have taken place. Has anybody any idea what might have happened, or if that backup from the IOS update might be on his PC somewhere?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭dextor03

Same thing happened to me yesterday. Looking into finding a solution. Will let you know how I get on. Please do likewise.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,753 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

When you click the restore button, it asks you if you want to make a back up before proceeding, well thats what happened on any i have done.

Has he gone into settings, devices and see if there is a newer backup in there?

Advertisement