Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Moving out

Options
  • 13-12-2012 3:23pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 187 ✭✭

Hi Guys,

I'm moving out at the moment to tullamore.

the majority of places I'm viewing on daft all say minimum six month lease, or minimum one year lease. However I'm only going to be there for 4.5 months, so the most I would need is a 5 month lease.

Any suggestions? Are landlords usually quite strict on this requirement?

(First time moving out, sorry for silly question)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 133 ✭✭labradoodlelady

House share or letting a house by yourself?

Just ask them if they'll take the shorter period. You will find someone who'd rather a person paying rent for 4-5 months rather than having it unoccupied and advertising.

If they are getting you to sign a lease insist on a 5 month term, not a 6 month and "shure it'll be grand".

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 187 ✭✭supackofidiots

two of us in an apartment.

I spoke to an auctioneer today, i'm viewing two apartments tomorrow. she said ''we normally only give 6 months leases''

I told her five months and she kind said ''ah yeah that's alright''

However i'm not sure did she mean ''it's alright as in you can sign a 6 month one and tough **** for a month's dead rent for you'' or ''grand I'll give a five month one''

guess i'll find out tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Princess_Bleuh

guess i'll find out tomorrow.

How did you get on?

Advertisement