Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Warehouse Project Manchester

Options
  • 13-12-2012 3:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭

Anyone been this year guys? Looking for info on the venue or just people's experiences. Heading over to its all gone pete tong tomorrow night myself!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭Drogmal

I went over to see Markus Schulz, Van Burren and Van Dyke in October. I loved the old venue and was gutted when they moved it. However I was not disappointed with the new place. 3 or 4 big rooms, loads of bars and serious sound system. Only downside was that you could not move in the main room for AVB and PVD but there was loads of space everywhere else which suited us as I wanted to see Schulz mainly. The new venue is like an old tram station or something next to Old Trafford more or less. Thinking of heading over to New Years eve party with James Zabiela as well, it was that good. Enjoy.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭Vertigo100

Cheers for the info. Couple of logistical questions! 1. Do they have a cloakroom? (For the gf ill bear the cold) 2. I assume its cabs only back into the city centre afterwards as the trams will be finished by that stage I think?

Looking forward to checking out the funktion 1 soundsystem in a room that big.

Cheers for your help!

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭Drogmal

Vertigo100 wrote: »
    Cheers for the info. Couple of logistical questions! 1. Do they have a cloakroom? (For the gf ill bear the cold) 2. I assume its cabs only back into the city centre afterwards as the trams will be finished by that stage I think?

Looking forward to checking out the funktion 1 soundsystem in a room that big.

Cheers for your help!

1. yes cloak room is there expect long cues while dropping off but once you collect before the end you will be grand.

2. Yes taxi's only. We left half an hour early to avoid the rush and taxi's were refusing to take us unless we paid double fare (£20 journey to hotel that was £10 over). We asked 5 or 6 and none would do it at the cheaper rate so we bit the bullet and paid the extra while given your man a drunken earful about exploitation all the way home :D

Yes the sound was great even at the back of the main room where we stood and there was no noise interference from the other rooms from what I remember.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭Vertigo100

Cheers pal. I guess I'll just have to bite the bullet and pay the extra for the cab. Either that or mooch around til the Saturday and head straight into the united match haha.

Advertisement