Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

RyanAir catching crap again

1235»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,684 ✭✭✭FatherTed

Valetta wrote: »
    I call BS.

Unless it's an emergency you won't be let back outside the security after going through.

It was while we were waiting in line for the security when they came to us and told us we would have to check it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,298 ✭✭✭Duggys Housemate

FatherTed wrote: »
    It was while we were waiting in line for the security when they came to us and told us we would have to check it.

Ryanair dont control security of course, and the original Ryanair girl did get it wrong. To be fair, she was - originally - trying to be nice, if misguided.

When you came back she could/should have let check-in a new item for free, but maybe that is not possible. They seem to make is impossible for the checkin people to do that, they need a receipt for every item.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,208 ✭✭✭keithclancy

H3llR4iser wrote: »

Brainwashing people, that's what they are good at. I have friends in Italy that would embark in absurd train journeys to remote airports to catch a Ryanair flight, while they could have flown from their local airport with another airline. More often than not, they don't even check fares for other operators, assume Ryanair is the cheapest and even if that was the case, they end up blowing more money on trains and taxis than the difference between the airfares would have been.

As for the argument "LCCs bringing down flights cost for everyone",it is an old argument that is debatable at least: prices came down on all high-frequency routes, even those that have no low cost carriers operating them - such as transatlantic routes. The advancement in aircraft technology and efficiency brought the seat-per-mile costs down, even with increased fuel prices, and most airlines figured out that a higher volume of business means better margins. The emergence of LCCs might have sped the process up, but it's not the sole responsible for it.

Attitude wise, there are loads of low cost carriers right now with none of Ryanair's rudeness.

They are the cheapest, i checked everything from Venice to the Netherlands, cheapest was Ryanballs to Maastricht at 50 all in one way inc charges and 2 check in bags for 2 people.

Transavia was 160 with bags for 2 people.

Klm was 200 yoyos per person

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,741 ✭✭✭Piliger

nobody cares what you believe.
    Look in the mirror.
    bully for you.
    Why thank you !
    their not idiots, their being penalised as part of a money making racket.
    Oh they're idiots alright ! :D
    its their job to keep their cool, wouldn't expect anything less.
    which they do - contrary to your fictional contributions.
    ah it is though, very very hard to tell.
    Actually it's very easy to tell .. It's the same names over and over again :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,684 ✭✭✭FatherTed

Ryanair dont control security of course, and the original Ryanair girl did get it wrong. To be fair, she was - originally - trying to be nice, if misguided.

When you came back she could/should have let check-in a new item for free, but maybe that is not possible. They seem to make is impossible for the checkin people to do that, they need a receipt for every item.

Well it certainly wasn't my fault and I ended up paying the extra 60 euros and got absolutely zero apologies from the Ryanair people at the airport for their mistake and when I contacted Ryanair customer service after I got home.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,208 ✭✭✭keithclancy

Valetta wrote: »
    I call BS.

Unless it's an emergency you won't be let back outside the security after going through.

Depends on the Airport, I had no hassles in Warsaw airport to go back out through security and have a smoke.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,298 ✭✭✭Duggys Housemate

Is it true in Dublin, and how? I genuinely don't know.

Advertisement