Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Blackberry bold 9900

Options
  • 13-12-2012 3:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭

Anyone using a bold 9900. Im on 02 and cant seem to get wifi calling, mobile hotspot and bbm voice working. Im using the latest OS 7.1 (2061). 02 are being the pain in the neck and cant help me at all. any feedback appreciated.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 981 ✭✭✭Lardy

Do you have a Blackberry data plan?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,794 ✭✭✭cookie1977

And you're running the latest version of BBM7 available here:
    http://appworld.blackberry.com/webstore/content/3729/

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭litmus paper

Hey thanks guys for the replies. I have a blackberry data plan, yes. Im running the latest update be it the bb os itself and the apps update. everything is latest.

the person you're calling has to be running bbm7 too. Are they?

yeah the person has bbm7, data plan and everything needed. also im more concerned with mobile hotspot and wifi calling.

• Advertisement

O2 will charge for using the hotspot if you don't have the correct add-on or they may even be blocking it.

Just so we're clear wifi calling only works from BBM7 user to BBM 7 user when on wifi (sorry if this is obvious). The BBM7 user must also be running OS7 on their device. Are they?

thanks cookie, im talking about phone wifi calling, blackberries with os7 and above have the option to use wifi calling. I dont care about bbm wifi calling. also its annoying when 02 wont reply to me how to go about using hotspot.

No unfortunately they don't. BBM7 on an OS7 device allows for wifi calling but other then that there is no wifi calling on a BlackBerry in Ireland.

UMA wifi calling is not available from irish networks

thanks cookie, im talking about phone wifi calling, blackberries with os7 and above have the option to use wifi calling. I dont care about bbm wifi calling. also its annoying when 02 wont reply to me how to go about using hotspot.

Re the hotspot. You just need an apn. But the problem is this apn will cost you money if you don't have the tethering add-on. Get the tethering add-on for an additional cost and ask for the tethering apn and I can set you up from here.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 kirkie

i am fine with the warning. I am not with media. I am just trying to find someone who might know how to deal with my bb id problem. Thanks, I will read your faq and tips page. Regards,
    Kirkie

• Advertisement
Advertisement