Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

January Sales

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Ashley Cole is the one that sticks out like a sore thumb. Consistently the best full back in the Premier League for close to 10 years now, Chelsea would be mad to let him go.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,500 ✭✭✭Drexel

Is it me or does it seem like a lot of quality players contracts running out very soon. There is nearly always one stand out but this year there are a good few

• Registered Users Posts: 3,787 ✭✭✭Jayob10

some of the info on that list is just plain incorrect

Sahin for instance, his loan contract with Liverpool is up, but he is still tied to Real Madrid.

Same with Carroll and Lukaku with their respective parent clubs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,584 ✭✭✭Rekop dog

Juve have been eyeing up Llorente for a good while now, expect him to go there this January.

Sneijder probably on the move as well, would love him at Milan.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,995 ✭✭✭DoctorGonzo08

I was told there could be a bit of a wildcard in the summer with David Villa coming to Swansea. Talks are apparently under way with Swansea propositioning Barca by saying a loan deal for six months to get Villa playing, which then might increase his price when Barca try to sell him on in the summer.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,109 ✭✭✭RikkFlair

Is anyone gonna take a chance on Owen Hargreaves? He appears to be at a bit of a loose end.

I was told there could be a bit of a wildcard in the summer with David Villa coming to Swansea. Talks are apparently under way with Swansea propositioning Barca by saying a loan deal for six months to get Villa playing, which then might increase his price when Barca try to sell him on in the summer.

Wow didn't expect the bar to be raised this high so early for most ridiculous transfer rumour.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,522 ✭✭✭dor83

Rekop dog wrote: »
    Sneijder probably on the move as well, would love him at Milan.
    Won't happen, Milan, like Inter, are in the process of cutting the stupidly high wages and that is exactly what Sneijder is on. He is not actually as good as some people think and he doesn't play enough to justify the wages, I'll be glad when he is finally gone tbh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

This is the maddest deal I've ever heard of. If it happens wow, but I say absolutely no chance.

Wow didn't expect the bar to be raised this high so early for most ridiculous transfer rumour.

Was only passing on what I was told on Saturday when talking to one of Swanseas directors. I thought it was a bit out of the blue, but when you consider their approach to players/managers, it's the same principle.

• Advertisement

Corholio wrote: »
    This is the maddest deal I've ever heard of. If it happens wow, but I say absolutely no chance.

It's been almost agreed in terms of the clubs, but it obviously dosen't factor in wether Villa will want to go to Wales, or if any other team, say the likes of Liverpool, might have placed an interest also.

Rumour has also spread through the fans as well:

http://www.not606.com/showthread.php/181299-Is-it-true-about-david-villa-on-Loan

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭Donnielighto

Was only passing on what I was told on Saturday when talking to one of Swanseas directors. I thought it was a bit out of the blue, but when you consider their approach to players/managers, it's the same principle.

in fairness it would be class

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

Moussa Sissoko for free? Yes please.

This forum has a bizarre hard on for Moussa Sissoko, from what I've seen of him I think he's far from guaranteed to step up from ligue 1 level!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,732 ✭✭✭Reganio 2

Poor Nabil El Zhar. Joaquin is an intriguing one. Generally regarded as the guy with the potential to be amazing who never achieved it, but seems to have reignited himself at Malaga and performed well this season but will anyone take a punt on a 31 year old winger who has been up and down.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,379 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

Besiktas will be trying to offload Quaresma in January to get something for him, contract expires in the summer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,500 ✭✭✭Drexel

Oatesy23 wrote: »
    Besiktas will be trying to offload Quaresma in January to get something for him, contract expires in the summer.

He is class on fifa 13!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,379 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

jonny666 wrote: »
    He is class on fifa 13!!

FYP :cool:

I'd love him to sign with HSV but we are selling this winter, not buying. He'd cost too much.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,296 ✭✭✭EdenHazard

This forum has a bizarre hard on for Moussa Sissoko, from what I've seen of him I think he's far from guaranteed to step up from ligue 1 level!

Football Manager. I hate that 'put down' of using FM to suggest someone doesn't know what they're talking about, but the widespead love of him can only be attributed to FM.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,190 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

Keno 92 wrote: »
    Moussa Sissoko for free? Yes please.

A Moussa-buy for sure!

Advertisement