Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lumia 800 Marketplace problems..

Options
  • 13-12-2012 5:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭

I can't access the Marketplace on my phone, using windows phone 7.5. I get the error as follows;
    Marketplace error

We're sorry, but we can't complete your request at the moment.

Try launching Marketplace again. If the problem continues, check back in a little while or try restarting your phone.

Error code: 80070057

Anyone any ideas? This is happening since I checked this morning, restarted the phone a few times, no joy. Internet connection is fine as I have it tethered to the laptop at the moment, and the browser works fine on it.

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭stevenmu

It's working ok for me at the moment, with a 710, connected using 3G on Three.

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭Abracastabya

I'm on Meteor, no connection or data problems. Just Marketplace. It's getting annoying now..

• Registered Users Posts: 7,516 ✭✭✭Outkast_IRE

I had a marketplace error after i installed the refresh marketplace app microsoft sent out.

Anyway what sorted it for me was connecting the phone to my computer with an active internet connection and zune installed and then on the phone going into the marketplace. For me sychronizing popped up on screen for a few seconds and then the marketplace would work again.

When I do that, Synchronisation Complete comes up and below says To view content, disconnect your phone from the computer. It's like I have no data connection trying to access marketplace, and then the above error comes up when i tap on applications. Is there anything I can download and sort it out through Zune?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,516 ✭✭✭Outkast_IRE

When I do that, Synchronisation Complete comes up and below says To view content, disconnect your phone from the computer. It's like I have no data connection trying to access marketplace, and then the above error comes up when i tap on applications. Is there anything I can download and sort it out through Zune?
    when i disconnect the phone and then try to access marketplace it then works, did you get a refresh marketplace app to install recently ? I had to download it from the marketplace a few weeks ago.

• Advertisement

Maybe if I just reset the phone altogether? I've not got many apps and it's not old, so I could do with losing a few things. No, I saw it come up when I first turned on the phone but it wouldn't let me download Refresh Marketplace. Then Marketplace just start working and it has been fine right up until today. Weird.

Advertisement