Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Question regarding obtaining sponsorship Australia

Options
  • 13-12-2012 5:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 542 ✭✭✭

Hi, just wondering if anyone can help me in relation to sponsorship in australia. I have used my 1st year visa and had to come home early. Does anyone know how I can obtain a 2nd year visa if I can't carry out the fruit picking? My friends brother has an electrician company in Melbourne and said he'd help me any way he could. Does anyone know if he can sponsor me and if so what are the rules and guidelines around this? Thanks for your time and help

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,986 ✭✭✭Noo

Go to immi.gov.au and look up the 457 employer sponsorship visa, it'll give you all the criteria the company and you must meet in order to qualify for sponsorship.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,374 ✭✭✭aido79

clearodara wrote: »
    Hi, just wondering if anyone can help me in relation to sponsorship in australia. I have used my 1st year visa and had to come home early. Does anyone know how I can obtain a 2nd year visa if I can't carry out the fruit picking? My friends brother has an electrician company in Melbourne and said he'd help me any way he could. Does anyone know if he can sponsor me and if so what are the rules and guidelines around this? Thanks for your time and help
    Are you an electrician?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,240 ✭✭✭hussey

clearodara wrote: »
    Hi, just wondering if anyone can help me in relation to sponsorship in australia. I have used my 1st year visa and had to come home early. Does anyone know how I can obtain a 2nd year visa if I can't carry out the fruit picking?
    You cannot get a 2nd WHV unless you worked 88days in a regional area, if you were an electrician you might qualify if you did this?
    My friends brother has an electrician company in Melbourne and said he'd help me any way he could. Does anyone know if he can sponsor me and if so what are the rules and guidelines around this? Thanks for your time and help
    He can sponsor you, but there are various rules about this, if he has never sponsored someone before, there are a number of steps to becoming a sponsor
    please have a through read of this
    http://www.immi.gov.au/skilled/skilled-workers/sbs/eligibility-employer.htm

Advertisement