Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Species of Slow Loris Discovered

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 354 ✭✭Hollzy

I love slow lorises! :) Does anyone know what the name of the article regarding this from the American Journal of Primatology is?

• Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭F.R.

Doesn't seem to be available online yet.

Taxonomy of the Bornean Slow Loris, with New Species Nycticbus Kayan (Priamtes Lorisdae).
    R. Munds, S. Ford, K.A.I. Nekaris.
    American Journal of Primatology, December 2012

• Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

F.R. wrote: »
    Cute and venomous

Bit like my ex so.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,564 ✭✭✭✭steddyeddy

Chances are the new species was discovered by Professor Anna Nekaris or by one of her phd students. Anna is a loris expert and has published more papers on the creatures than any other zoologist. She is also combating the illegal loris pet trade. Some people even put up youtube videos of their pet lorises and were caught in the process. Most loris species actually secrete a poison from their elbows and dont have an inherently venomous bite as the article suggests.

Advertisement