Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

UEFA Champions League - Round Of 16 Draw

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,627 ✭✭✭Lawrence1895

Schalke are a poor side. The other two German sides could very easily go to the final.

They are poor indeed, they never won the Bundesliga, why should they win the Championsleague? :p

But Borussia Dortmund might go all the way, like in 1997, just after winning back-to-back titles in 95 and 96. I have a Tenner on them anyway, 9/1 it was three weeks ago, I suppose, the price will go down ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,584 ✭✭✭Rekop dog

Really want to go to PSG game before the end of the season. Hope Milan draw them to give me a proper incentive

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

Thought I'd share this here. The all time top Champions League table.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,584 ✭✭✭Rekop dog

Keno 92 wrote: »
    Thought I'd share this here. The all time top Champions League table.

That site is statstastic, god love the Germans.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,101 ✭✭✭NUTZZ

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,662 ✭✭✭Luckycharms_74

• Registered Users Posts: 1,808 ✭✭✭Caveman1

Juventus 12/1 to win the CL is a decent price, Juve will be a very tough team to beat.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,688 ✭✭✭Nailz

Feck sake, last time SSN skipped all this crap, get on with it!!

TimTheEnchanter.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,623 ✭✭✭lubo_moravcik

dahat wrote: »
    Sure it's grand to be in the hat so to speak!......

Hope we draw Celtic and batter them but definately wish to avoid Shaktar

bring it on

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,839 ✭✭✭Jelle1880

Schalke heading to Istanbul.

Juve :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,673 ✭✭✭s_carnage

Arsenal V Munich

Tough one that

Shakhtar V Dortmund

Shakhtar V Dortmund will be a great game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,688 ✭✭✭Nailz

REAL! :O

• Advertisement

Real Madrid V Man Utd what a tie.

AC Milan V Barcelona
    Real Madrid V Man Utd!!!!!!

Some crackers in there, Madrid v ManU and Milan v Barca for example.

Galatasaray (TUR) V Shalke 04 (GER)
    Celtic FC (SCO) V Juventus (ITA)
    Arsenal (ENG) V Bayern Muchen (GER)
    Shakhtar Donetsk (UKR) V Borussia Dortrmund (GER)
    AC Milan (ITA) v Barcelona (ESP)
    Real Madrid (ESP) V Man United (ENG)
    Valencia (ESP) V Paris Saint-Germain (FRA)
    FC Porto (POR) V Málaga CF (ESP)

edit: Did he just say that this is the exact same draw as the practice draw ?

Coincidence, I think not.

Jelle1880 wrote: »
    Juve :D

Are you still in any cups?

Edit: Here's your wink ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,304 ✭✭✭✭ctrl-alt-delete

Exactly the same as the rehersal!

Are you still in any cups?

Edit: Here's your wink ;)

Don't be bitter.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xJY7JSHA3SY&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Some crackers in there, Madrid v ManU and Milan v Barca for example.
    Milan & Barca always seem to draw each other at some stage in this competition.

Don't be bitter.

Hahaha

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,889 ✭✭✭✭klose

With the form munich are in i cant see arsenal getting a sniff in there, would say united have a chance v madrid though!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,406 ✭✭✭Pompey Magnus

In before ITV's "Bye Bye Celtic" :pac:

I reckon Celtic have as good a chance as Utd or Arsenal to progress to the Quarter Finals now, Juve are no better than Barcelona and with a bit of luck and a fantastic team performance there is always a chance. In reality I don't expect any British team in the last 8 but imagine the gloating rights if Celtic were the only one to make it :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,480 ✭✭✭✭cson

Thats an incredible Bayern Munich team we're going to be playing.

Faaaaack.

I reckon Celtic have as good a chance as Utd or Arsenal to progress to the Quarter Finals now, Juve are no better than Barcelona and with a bit of luck and a fantastic team performance there is always a chance. In reality I don't expect any British team in the last 8 but imagine the gloating rights if Celtic were the only one to make it :p

I understand that for example the two games against Barcelona have given Celtic a lot of confidence (and rightly so), but do you watch a lot of Serie A ?

Juventus are doing brilliantly, and unless Celtic play out of their skin again I can't see past Juve to go through.
    Barcelona had no plan B, and Celtic knew that and played it perfect, Juve however do know how to turn it around.

Could be my hope speaking though :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,832 ✭✭✭✭Blatter

They don't really. Madrid v United and Arsenal v Bayern are more evenly matched affairs than Celtic v Juve. Juve will be overwhelming favorites.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 683 ✭✭✭General Relativity

Don't be bitter.

How can we be bitter? We're off to Italy, it's roasting over there. I'm sure it'll be bitter cold in Elgin, where ever that is. Bring a jacket.

• Advertisement

I understand that for example the two games against Barcelona have given Celtic a lot of confidence (and rightly so), but do you watch a lot of Serie A ?

Juventus are doing brilliantly, and unless Celtic play out of their skin again I can't see past Juve to go through.

I know Juve are fantastic and I'm not expecting Celtic to beat them, but I do expect it will be tight and there will be a chance of an upset.

How can we be bitter? We're off to Italy, it's roasting over there. I'm sure it'll be bitter cold in Elgen, where ever that is. Bring a jacket.

Do you even know where Turin is ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,703 ✭✭✭allybhoy

Anyone know the exact dates of the matches, specifically Celtic and Juve

Blatter wrote: »
    They don't really. Madrid v United and Arsenal v Bayern are more evenly matched affairs than Celtic v Juve. Juve will be overwhelming favorites.

Like Barcelona was?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

My predictions fwiw

Galatasaray(TUR) v Schalke(GER)

Celtic(SCO) v Juventus(ITA)

Arsenal(ENG) v Bayern(GER)

Shakhtar Donetsk(UKR) v Dortmund(GER)

Milan(ITA) v Barcelona(ESP)

Real Madrid(ESP) v Man. United(ENG)

Valencia(ESP) v PSG(FRA)

Porto(POR) v Málaga(ESP)

Man Utd will have too much for a struggling Madrid side. Should bea cracking tie.

I see Arsenal going through. Not sure why, I just feel they will have their shít together come february.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,480 ✭✭✭✭cson

Those ties are pretty cut and dried bar 3 of them imo.

Schalke, Juventus, Bayern, Barcelona and PSG will all qualify easily.

Like Barcelona was?

One swallow does not make a Summer.

Also, you're comparing apples with oranges. The dynamics of a group game are very different to the knockout stages.

Blatter wrote: »

Dont give Arsenal much of a hope unless they drastically improve, united have a chance but again Madrid would have to be favourites. Juve will be strong favourites but being the underdog suits us....Thankfully! Juve havent lost in something like 18 months so best we can hope for is nill all at home and score draw away

• Closed Accounts Posts: 683 ✭✭✭General Relativity

Do you even know where Turin is ?

Yes, I'm aware it's cold in winter. It was a joke.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭kwestfan08

Just heard on talksport there that todays draws are a carbon copy of what happened yesterday at the rehearsals! I'm not suggesting a fix or anything like that but what are the chances?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,516 ✭✭✭✭ArmaniJeanss

kwestfan08 wrote: »
    Just heard on talksport there that todays draws are a carbon copy of what happened yesterday at the rehearsals! I'm not suggesting a fix or anything like that but what are the chances?

Well if they wanted to fix todays draw exactly the way it turned out (for no obvious reason I can think of), I'd humbly suggest that the one thing they'd definitely not do is have the rehearsal draw throw up the exact same outcome.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Dortmund for the title (or Barca)

Going to be really tough, they were right down my list of preferential opponents.

allybhoy wrote: »
    Juve havent lost in something like 18 months so best we can hope for is nill all at home and score draw away

They lost twice last month against Milan and Inter.

gimmick wrote: »
    My predictions fwiw

Galatasaray(TUR) v Schalke(GER)

Celtic(SCO) v Juventus(ITA)

Arsenal(ENG) v Bayern(GER)

Shakhtar Donetsk(UKR) v Dortmund(GER)

Milan(ITA) v Barcelona(ESP)

Real Madrid(ESP) v Man. United(ENG)

Valencia(ESP) v PSG(FRA)

Porto(POR) v Málaga(ESP)

Man Utd will have too much for a struggling Madrid side. Should bea cracking tie.

I see Arsenal going through. Not sure why, I just feel they will have their shít together come february.

Madrid are not firing 100% at the moment but they are scoring a heck of a lot of goals. An average of 3 at home in both CL and LaLiga and 2 away from home in both competitions. United are conceeding a heck of a lot of goals these days, if they get Vidic back to full fitness then i give them a chance but if they keep conceeding i think Madrid will have too much firepower.

• Advertisement

allybhoy wrote: »
    Dont give Arsenal much of a hope unless they drastically improve, united have a chance but again Madrid would have to be favourites. Juve will be strong favourites but being the underdog suits us....Thankfully! Juve havent lost in something like 18 months so best we can hope for is nill all at home and score draw away

Yeah Arsenal need to improve but IMO they'll have some sort of chance if they can keep it tight in Germany. Madrid will be slight favorites alright.

Juve's long unbeaten record was only in the league and it's gone now. Inter ended a few weeks a go, think they've lost since too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,184 ✭✭✭Patsy fyre

How did barca manage to get ac Milan?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Barca finished top of their group, Milan finished runners up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

So if Ronaldo sends Utd out will he still be revered and loved by the Utd fans here?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,925 ✭✭✭aidan24326

cson wrote: »
    Those ties are pretty cut and dried bar 3 of them imo.

Schalke, Juventus, Bayern, Barcelona and PSG will all qualify easily.

Very few of them are cut and dried in fairness.

Even Celtic aren't without a chance if they can get a decent result in the first leg.

• Advertisement
Advertisement