Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Personal Trainer Advice!

Options
  • 13-12-2012 9:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8

Hey folks!

So recently got a good recommendation on a good physio on boards that has so far worked out well so decided to see if I could replicate it with some advice on a personal trainer...!

Was wondering if anyone has any opinion on whether they are worth looking into or if there are better options? I have gotten myself to a good point but am struggling to get beyond where I am now. I am 6ft and about 14 stone, got myself down from 18 stone couple years ago. Now want to push beyond that and improve upper body strength as well as try to lose the pesky love handles which seem impossible to shift :eek:!!

So has anyone had any good experience with personal trainers, recommend any and maybe how much I should be expecting to pay for one?! I'm in South Dublin so if there were any recommendations for this area that would be ideal! Thanks folks.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,981 ✭✭✭✭Hanley

If they're really expensive, and really busy, that should tell you something :)

Colin McEndoo in BHAF (posts as CMYK here) would be a great option http://www.blog.irishfitness.ie/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,877 ✭✭✭Burkatron

Hey folks!

So recently got a good recommendation on a good physio on boards that has so far worked out well so decided to see if I could replicate it with some advice on a personal trainer...!

Was wondering if anyone has any opinion on whether they are worth looking into or if there are better options? I have gotten myself to a good point but am struggling to get beyond where I am now. I am 6ft and about 14 stone, got myself down from 18 stone couple years ago. Now want to push beyond that and improve upper body strength as well as try to lose the pesky love handles which seem impossible to shift :eek:!!

So has anyone had any good experience with personal trainers, recommend any and maybe how much I should be expecting to pay for one?! I'm in South Dublin so if there were any recommendations for this area that would be ideal! Thanks folks.

Dave McConkey www.southdublinsc.ie/ I doubt you'd need his PT sessions. His classes are really good!

• Registered Users Posts: 8 thisisnotinuse

Thanks for the recommendations lads! Just got in touch with Colin McEndoo to enquire about rates and availability, his site looks good!

I've actually heard great things about them classes in Harolds Cross alright Burkatron, my only problem is getting into Harolds Cross in time for them. Will hopefully make it to them eventually!

Cheers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,538 ✭✭✭btkm8unsl0w5r4

Hanley wrote: »
    If they're really expensive, and really busy, that should tell you something :)

Colin McEndoo in BHAF (posts as CMYK here) would be a great option http://www.blog.irishfitness.ie/

+1 on this

Advertisement