Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Remove Hotspot

• 13-12-2012 10:04pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 773 ✭✭✭

Hey all,

I have a photo which is a photo of a photo (like inception), and the flash has caused a huge hotspot at the bottom. I'm looking to crop this photo and remove/dull the hotspot.

Would anyone be able to help me? I've posted a pic of the hotspot part below, recipient of final picture is a Boards reader! and can PM full picture if needed.

What would be the best way to remove this in photoshop?

xlm2w9.jpg

Cheers,
    Seklly

Comments

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 10,518 Mod ✭✭✭✭5uspect

You can't. You've blown out this area of the image and there is no data there to recover.
    You could try and fake it by painting/cloning in data to hide it but it won't look right unless you're pretty handy with a clone stamp.

Can't you just scan the image? Or avoid using a flash...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭off.the.walls

had a go at this had to use the clone stamp.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,674 ✭✭✭Deliverance

Low tech answer to this: Take the photo standing up don't shoot down onto it. Choose a white wall, attach the photo to the wall, If you haven't got access to a white wall, attach a piece of a3 white paper to the wall. Attach the photo to the white background (paper or wall). Make sure a lot of light is hitting the photo via a window, or other source generally just be in a well lit area preferably natural light.

Should produce what you need easy enough.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭off.the.walls

or Use a scanner :)

Advertisement