Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Christmas Games

Options
  • 13-12-2012 10:07pm
    Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 6,332 Mod ✭✭✭✭

So ya usually some stage over the christmas the family sit down for a couple of games usually boardgames.
    Everyone is kinda sick of monopoly,the cluedo is missing and we only have 2 wiiremotes.
    So can anyone suggest a new boardgame? well I guess it doesn't have to be a boardgame

Also if ppl wanna add if they do something like this over the xmas feel free :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,068 ✭✭✭tfak85

A game we started playing a couple of years ago requires teams of two, so at least four people.

Everyone writes down ten names, must be people everyone will be aware of - can be celebs, politicians, family members etc. Fold up each name and place into a bowl.

Each team gets the bowl for 30 seconds, in that time one member takes names out and does some sort of impression or the person, obviously not saying their name etc. If the other person guesses correctly you keep that name, and keep going, getting as many as possible in 30secs, if the person can't guess just put the name back in and keep going.

The bowl goes round and round the room until all the names are gone, team with the most at the end wins.

Super fun altogether!

Also Cranium is one of the funnest board games ever!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,487 ✭✭✭touts

A pack of cards never goes amiss. It's all poker these days and no one seems to play the old games like 25 etc. Maybe try something like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,512 ✭✭✭baby and crumble

There are a few games that I love playing, especially with a decent group of people.

Cranium- it's like the best bits of pictionary, charades, etc all in one game. By far the most fun, especially with kids.

Apples to Apples- I got a gift of this from a friend and its brilliant fun, maybe not for little kids since its based on wordplay, but it's very good.

The Game of life- just love it. I have the Simpsons version which makes it more fun!!

Scrabble. Can't go wrong with scrabble.

Advertisement