Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Autoreply using Name in Gmail/Google Apps, is this possible?

Options
  • 13-12-2012 10:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,499 ✭✭✭

Hi Guys,

I'm looking for a quicker way way to reply to customer service emails.

I use copy/paste answers but I'm looking for a way to just have every email start with

Hello <Name>

I'm replying to emails that have been sent via a form that has the person's name at the start of the message sent to us, it says:

Here's a General Question from xxx xxx sent via the web contact form.
    =========================================================================

Does anyone know if it would be possible to have it so that when I click on reply, it automatically uses the name supplied?

It would have a lot of time if this could be done.

Any suggestions/advice would be much appreciated!

Thanks

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7 PrintedCanvas

have you tried an email client called ''the bat'' (www.ritlabs.com)? you can create specific signatures (for replying only, for example) and you can also fetch the sender's name and add it into the signature. it's pretty clever.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,499 ✭✭✭blobert

Thanks for the reply. I'd rather do everything web-based so ideally through Gmail/Google Apps if possible!

Thanks again

Advertisement