Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Has anything genuinely creepy or unnerving ever happened to you?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,696 ✭✭✭Day Lewin

enfield wrote: »
    But here are some pics from my location, and it is not Fort Davis.

It's that place where The Phantom of the Opera comes round the corner in a little boat, with candles and a wailing soprano. No wonder you're nervous.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 77,035 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Can I just say that seeing that wrapper dumped on the ground makes me very angry?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,913 ✭✭✭Pintman Paddy Losty

Fort Dunree perhaps.

Either way, you're still there pretending to be a soldier.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,972 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

I always thought enfield was in Meath.... :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭enfield

I was soldiering before you were born lad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,508 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Crinklewood

New Home wrote: »
    Can I just say that seeing that wrapper dumped on the ground makes me very angry?

Ditto.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,687 ✭✭✭Signore Fancy Pants

This post has been deleted.

Well it was a quiet night, no boogie boogies. If it was not for a bird in the air duct there would have been complete silence.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,840 ✭✭✭✭Dtp1979

enfield wrote: »
    Well it was a quiet night, no boogie boogies. If it was not for a bird in the air duct there would have been complete silence.

You think it was a bird.......

• Advertisement

Yes it was a bird, I seen him, a tiny wee thing, maybe a wren?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,687 ✭✭✭Signore Fancy Pants

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,639 ✭✭✭Gloomtastic!

This thread has gone down hole rapidly! :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 489 ✭✭Edgarfrndly

I remember I was talking to someone on discord about some really obscure topic. Anyways, I type into google a few minutes later searching for something and google auto-completes what I was talking about after like 2 letters. Wasn't creepy as much as it was odd.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,153 ✭✭✭jimbobaloobob

I had children tell me they say children dancing around a big circle of stones in Dun Eochaill on the Aran Islands about 20 years ago. Over the summer some children would dance with them and talk about the children they met. In other cases children came away crying and parents feeling very unnerved.
    I always found it a peaceful place I felt a presence but never sad.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 719 ✭✭✭Gwen Cooper

I was maybe 6 or 7 years old when this happened.

My grandparents had a summer cottage in the suburbs back in my home country and one evening I went there for a sleepover. I slept in my grandma's bedroom which was right next to the kitchen/sitting room, where my grandmother slept that night on the couch bed. She left the door to my bedroom open so she could keep an eye on me.

I liked the cottage and never had any negative feelings there.

I don't know what time it was when I woke up, feeling really uneasy. It felt like somebody is watching me. When my eyes got used to the dark, I looked to the corner by the door and saw a person standing there. It was really dark so it looked like just a dark shadow. I assumed it's grandma checking on me, so I closed my eyes and tried to go back to sleep.

That weird feeling was growing stronger and stronger and I opened my eyes again and saw the person still standing there. I was staring at it for a while and then it dawned on me - this person is huge, about 6.5 feet tall, standing there, absolutely motionless. I couldn't see his face, it was just a dark shadow figure. Yet I felt that piercing look he was giving me.

"Grandma?" I said, in my little girl voice, still hoping that it is somehow her checking on me.
    "Yes?" My granny said from her bed in the sitting room.

My heart started pounding really quickly. "There's someone here, there's someone standing there...." I started screaming really panicky and I heard my grandma getting up from her bed and running to my room. At the same time as I started screaming for help though, this shadow figure started running towards me. As it was getting closer, I could see that it had mass, but at the same time it was transparent. A shadow running towards me, incredibly fast. As it got to the bed, it jumped right at me. It felt like someone punched me right in the stomach. I never felt such pain. I screamed in agony. My gran came into the bedroom and turned the light on maybe a millisecond after that stomach punch.

There was nobody else in the room. Next morning we had to go to the hospital because I had a really high fever, to which they couldn't find a cause.

After my grandfather died, my mom inherited the cottage. My parents renovated it and now they live there. That room where this happened is now their bedroom.

As far as I'm aware, nothing weird has happened there since, or at least nobody told me. I decided to tell myself that I was probably having fever dreams that night, because I can't face the reality that there was a shadow figure that jumped into my stomach at some point in my life :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 914 ✭✭✭Dramatik

I was on the bus into college one morning a couple of months back. I was sitting at the back zoning out looking out the window when a man came up the stairs, I noticed almost immediately a strong smell off him, you know the old pisshead smell where it's more piss than b.o. Anyway I glanced at him and he looked back at me, I wasn't sure but I got the feeling he might have some mental health issues, and there was a mental health institution a couple of stops later down the route. Anyway he walks all the way down to the back where I'm sitting and sits in the seat on the other side. I'm concentrating on breathing shallowley as when the bus is stopped the smell is incredibly pungent, anyway I just have to hold out for another few stops and I can get off.

I continue to look out the window to try and take my mind off things, suddenly I hear a strange sound, a sound I really do not want to hear right now. I look over and the dude is staring at me with a big smile on his face with his dick in his hand and he is jacking off furiously (shudders while typing this) So I quickly grab my bag and head downstairs to tell the driver, so I tell the driver and I point him out on the cctv which is easy enough as there is nobody else up there. So I sit back down this time downstairs. I was kind of surprised that the driver didn't kick him off then and there however I understand that if I was in his position I wouldn't really want to involve myself in the situation either however I did mention to the driver that it could be a dangerous situation if kids got on the bus.

Anyway the bus is finally about to arrive at my stop, I can't wait to get off this thing and get away from this weirdo just being here is making me feel nauseous. Guess who appears, the dirty perv, the bus driver immediately shouts at him, 'you, off, now!' so the guy gets off the problem this is also the stop I have to get off for college, I decide to get off at the next stop instead just incase. It was an unnerving experience trying to backtrack along the street back to college hoping that I wouldn't bump into him again.

Another unnerving thing about the whole experience is that I ended up being on the exact same bus on the way back home later that day, as I noticed it had the same graffiti on one of the seats. I hope to God that that bus went in for a clean in the meantime

For anyone interested in the concept of karma.

Was in a shop in limerick this morning. Chawkes on the Dublin Road for anyone who knows it. It is probably the busiest service station in the city. I ordered a roll from the deli counter and the attendant put a second sticker on the roll for additional items. Value was €0.60. As I walked away, I noticed the sticker wasn't fixed correctly and was nearly falling off. I had a thought of slipping it in to the rubbish bin at the tea station and just paying the price of the main label but I thought to myself that that would be bad form.

I got to the counter and left down my things and patted my pocket. No wallet. I told the girl I had to go out to the car and when I did, I got a shock. No wallet there! I knew I had had it earlier but wasn't 100% sure I had brought it in. Broke out in a cold sweat as I knew I had cash in it. I was immediately thinking about the number of people who had been through the shop even while I was there and thought I was screwed. I went back in and retraced my steps and sitting on the floor near the drinks unit was the wallet. With the top of a €50 clearly showing sticking out of it!

The story is only interesting because I had the thought of taking a chance to get away with something. Karma or coincidence, I'd like to believe it was the former.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭hefferboi

For anyone interested in the concept of karma.

Was in a shop in limerick this morning. Chawkes on the Dublin Road for anyone who knows it. It is probably the busiest service station in the city. I ordered a roll from the deli counter and the attendant put a second sticker on the roll for additional items. Value was €0.60. As I walked away, I noticed the sticker wasn't fixed correctly and was nearly falling off. I had a thought of slipping it in to the rubbish bin at the tea station and just paying the price of the main label but I thought to myself that that would be bad form.

I got to the counter and left down my things and patted my pocket. No wallet. I told the girl I had to go out to the car and when I did, I got a shock. No wallet there! I knew I had had it earlier but wasn't 100% sure I had brought it in. Broke out in a cold sweat as I knew I had cash in it. I was immediately thinking about the number of people who had been through the shop even while I was there and thought I was screwed. I went back in and retraced my steps and sitting on the floor near the drinks unit was the wallet. With the top of a €50 clearly showing sticking out of it!

The story is only interesting because I had the thought of taking a chance to get away with something. Karma or coincidence, I'd like to believe it was the former.

What did you get in the roll?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 430 ✭✭bubbles o hara

hefferboi wrote: »

:pac::pac::pac: Classic!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,515 ✭✭✭valoren

hefferboi wrote: »

Chicken Karma.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 77,035 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Payback time for the chicken, wha'? :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,460 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Dramatik wrote: »
    I was on the bus into college one morning a couple of months back. I was sitting at the back zoning out looking out the window when a man came up the stairs, I noticed almost immediately a strong smell off him, you know the old pisshead smell where it's more piss than b.o. Anyway I glanced at him and he looked back at me, I wasn't sure but I got the feeling he might have some mental health issues, and there was a mental health institution a couple of stops later down the route. Anyway he walks all the way down to the back where I'm sitting and sits in the seat on the other side. I'm concentrating on breathing shallowley as when the bus is stopped the smell is incredibly pungent, anyway I just have to hold out for another few stops and I can get off.

I continue to look out the window to try and take my mind off things, suddenly I hear a strange sound, a sound I really do not want to hear right now. I look over and the dude is staring at me with a big smile on his face with his dick in his hand and he is jacking off furiously (shudders while typing this) So I quickly grab my bag and head downstairs to tell the driver, so I tell the driver and I point him out on the cctv which is easy enough as there is nobody else up there. So I sit back down this time downstairs. I was kind of surprised that the driver didn't kick him off then and there however I understand that if I was in his position I wouldn't really want to involve myself in the situation either however I did mention to the driver that it could be a dangerous situation if kids got on the bus.

Anyway the bus is finally about to arrive at my stop, I can't wait to get off this thing and get away from this weirdo just being here is making me feel nauseous. Guess who appears, the dirty perv, the bus driver immediately shouts at him, 'you, off, now!' so the guy gets off the problem this is also the stop I have to get off for college, I decide to get off at the next stop instead just incase. It was an unnerving experience trying to backtrack along the street back to college hoping that I wouldn't bump into him again.

Another unnerving thing about the whole experience is that I ended up being on the exact same bus on the way back home later that day, as I noticed it had the same graffiti on one of the seats. I hope to God that that bus went in for a clean in the meantime

He sure did

hefferboi wrote:

:)

Salad. But just as she finished, asked her to fire two goujons in there. She already had salad roll label printed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

Goujons in a salad roll??

Its no wonder karma was out to get ya

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,466 ✭✭✭blinding

Jons Gou sound disgusting .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,210 ✭✭✭fitzparker

:)

Salad. But just as she finished, asked her to fire two goujons in there. She already had salad roll label printed.

that's karma that you lost your wallet when you tried to rob a salad roll that had chicken on it....:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 719 ✭✭✭Gwen Cooper

I was reading a thread about air crashes and I remembered another weird thing that happened to me and I thought I'll share it here.

This happened in August 2012. I went to my home country to visit my family for a week and I booked the flight months in advance. Back then I was working as an au-pair and was getting €90 a week, so I would spend all of my money I earned in the last two weeks on the flight.

As the day of the trip was getting closer, I started feeling more and more anxious. Almost as if something was telling me not to go. I'm always nervous and generally don't want to go when I'm flying somewhere, but this was different. I chose to ignore it, even though the closer the day was, the more persistent the feeling was.

When booking the Aircoach ticket, it felt like something is keeping me from pressing the 'Confirm' button. I thought that it's weird, but still I went ahead with it.

On the Aircoach I was feeling horrible. My breathing was all messed up and I could feel my forehead sweating. This was getting worse as we were nearing the airport.

By the time I reached the security checks at the airport, I was full on shaking and ready to cry. It felt like something was screaming in my head to get out of there.

I walked to the gate. I had to work against my own body and mind to get there. I was shaking, sweating and I couldn't breathe. As we were waiting for the plane to arrive, I tried to phone my friend who knows my parents. I wanted to give her a message for my family because I knew that something horrible is going to happen to me if I get on that plane. She didn't answer the phone and didn't have a voicemail set up.

I was still determined to get on the flight because I spent so much money on it and I was telling myself that I'm only being paranoid.

Then the crew announced that we will now start boarding. I looked out of the window and saw the plane. The second I saw it, I froze. I couldn't move my legs, I couldn't breathe, I was just standing there, glued to that one spot, staring at the plane. I don't even have words to describe what I was feeling. It was terror. It was an absolute certainty that if I get on the plane, I'm going to die.

That was the moment when I decided that I'm not flying today as as soon as I gain the control over my legs again, I'm out of there.

Suddenly the phone on the crew's desk rang. The lady at the desk answered the phone, listened what they have to say and nodded. Then she turned to the rest of the crew and told them something and I could see one of the crew members covering her mouth in shock. Don't know what they told her, but it couldn't be good, right?

Then the crew announced that due to unforeseen circumstances we will have to take a different airplane and that it's waiting for us at a different gate. The moment she said that, the horrible feeling I was battling for the last few months disappeared completely. I got on the flight and everything was fine.

I don't believe in ghosts and astral beings and warnings from above and things like that, and I am trying to find a rational explanation for everything weird that happens in my life. This is one of the events that I can't explain. I could swear that something was holding me back and wouldn't let me get on that flight, but surely that's not how the world works?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

Congrats Gwen, you're now the main character in the newest Final Destination movie.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

I was reading a thread about air crashes and I remembered another weird thing that happened to me and I thought I'll share it here.

Then the crew announced that we will now start boarding. I looked out of the window and saw the plane. The second I saw it, I froze. I couldn't move my legs, I couldn't breathe, I was just standing there, glued to that one spot, staring at the plane. I don't even have words to describe what I was feeling. It was terror. It was an absolute certainty that if I get on the plane, I'm going to die.

That was the moment when I decided that I'm not flying today as as soon as I gain the control over my legs again, I'm out of there.

Suddenly the phone on the crew's desk rang. The lady at the desk answered the phone, listened what
    they have to say and nodded. Then she turned to the rest of the crew and told them something and I could see one of the crew members covering her mouth in shock. Don't know what they told her, but it couldn't be good, right?

Then the crew announced that due to unforeseen circumstances we will have to take a different airplane and that it's waiting for us at a different gate. The moment she said that, the horrible feeling I was battling for the last few months disappeared completely. I got on the flight and everything was fine.

I don't believe in ghosts and astral beings and warnings from above and things like that, and I am trying to find a rational explanation for everything weird that happens in my life. This is one of the events that I can't explain. I could swear that something was holding me back and wouldn't let me get on that flight, but surely that's not how the world works?

Our beliefs or non beliefs do not change what is! Something does not cease to exist because you or i deny it.

Does that make sense?

And no need to categorise or label it or try to explain it away.

Just accept it, and your sensitivity to it and let it support you?

I had "forgotten"this deliberately...near tears

When I was 16, a couple of years after my father finally walked out, my mother managed to get enough money together to take us, ie my big brother and I, on holiday to a guest house in the Lake District

The weeks before I was terrified, told school friends that. Utterly panic stricken about the holiday.

It passed and we went..

On the last morning, .... my brother went to the river along with a boy staying at the guesthouse,. The boy came running back and the sheer terrors returned. Utter cold as I ran after my mother in the hot sun.

He had drowned. And no efforts revived him. They worked on him for an hour there on the river bank.

He was 19 a brilliant student about to go to Cambridge, which for a boy from a family like ours was a huge thing

I finally told my mother re my fears and she yelled at me that I should have told her and she would have cancelled. I do not think so

I was too young and too inexperienced. But I am left with a deep guilt. Did I avoid saving a talented young life?

You heeded the warning at the airport. No need to try to understand it. Just be thankful.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,795 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Graces7 wrote: »
    [/B]

He had drowned. And no efforts revived him. They worked on him for an hour there on the river bank.

He was 19 a brilliant student about to go to Cambridge, which for a boy from a family life ours was a huge thing

God that's awful, really sorry to hear that Grace :(

*hugs*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

Just in after a looong walk as I needed air after the last posts...

Circular road we have here....and I made diversions... Not a soul in sight of course.. tramping determinedly along, the dog off way ahead.... no one worries re leads here.. I carry hers.

Several of the houses are empty; but folk will maybe come in in summer. So I was not surprised to see someone outside one house, a bit back from the road, then she?he? went inside.

Then I see a large man walking towards me, a neighbour, so we stand there in the breezy sun with the island beauty all around us and chat! Met him a couple of times, and what a fascinating life he has led!

So I ask him who lives in the house just near.He tells me, then when I say I saw someone there tells me it is empty... The oddest thing is that he is not surprised I saw someone who is not there...

Ah well!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,795 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

So I ask him who lives in the house just near.He tells me, then when I say I saw someone there tells me it is empty... The oddest thing is that he is not surprised I saw someone who is not there...

Ah well!

:eek:

*hides under the bed covers*

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

:eek:

*hides under the bed covers*

Seph it was only me ;) no need to be afraid :D

Just in after a looong walk as I needed air after the last posts...

Circular road we have here....and I made diversions... Not a soul in sight of course.. tramping determinedly along, the dog off way ahead.... no one worries re leads here.. I carry hers.

Several of the houses are empty; but folk will maybe come in in summer. So I was not surprised to see someone outside one house, a bit back from the road, then she?he? went inside.

Then I see a large man walking towards me, a neighbour, so we stand there in the breezy sun with the island beauty all around us and chat! Met him a couple of times, and what a fascinating life he has led!

Ah well!
    Maybe he thinks you are a header .

• Registered Users Posts: 6,667 ✭✭✭thecretinhop

this is an interesting thread.
    my story is a little x files terrority less ghoulish lol.
    I was about 13 i would say. my sister was away for the weekend my brother was working in London.
    it was a Sunday evening my dad and mam used go country dancing so they would not be back untill 1 or 2.
    my sloth like other brother was asleep in another room...
    about 11 30pm my room was filled with light a massive blue light it was like a light switch.
    I was sort of frozen with fear but I got up eventually and went out the back outside blinding light like floodlights there was some object though moving about horizon at crazy speeds.
    I lived near an airport so I knew every type of light this was nothing ever like this.
    at this stage I decided i was defo scared lol.
    ran to house went to parents room still there blue light etc.
    ran into my brothers room he can sleep like hodor the fecker spent 10 minutes waking him up.
    I ran back whatever it was still there zig zagging
    brother got up too late it was gone.
    scared and raging I had no other witness.
    so a week later a good friend waiting for bus for school.
    she said weirdly how was i sleeping I said Sunday not so good. she said same... silence I said I saw this weird blue light and object. she says exact same. what time i said 1130 roughly she said. she detailed on bus journey to school exact same as I saw she was about 7 doors down from house.
    finally forgot about it about a year later my sloth like brother was joking me about it.
    my parents went ashen and said they saw the exact same thing the first year they moved into the house....
    never ever saw the likes again no idea to this day..

this is an interesting thread.
    my story is a little x files terrority less ghoulish lol.
    I was about 13 i would say. my sister was away for the weekend my brother was working in London.
    it was a Sunday evening my dad and mam used go country dancing so they would not be back untill 1 or 2.
    my sloth like other brother was asleep in another room...
    about 11 30pm my room was filled with light a massive blue light it was like a light switch.
    I was sort of frozen with fear but I got up eventually and went out the back outside blinding light like floodlights there was some object though moving about horizon at crazy speeds.
    I lived near an airport so I knew every type of light this was nothing ever like this.
    at this stage I decided i was defo scared lol.
    ran to house went to parents room still there blue light etc.
    ran into my brothers room he can sleep like hodor the fecker spent 10 minutes waking him up.
    I ran back whatever it was still there zig zagging
    brother got up too late it was gone.
    scared and raging I had no other witness.
    so a week later a good friend waiting for bus for school.
    she said weirdly how was i sleeping I said Sunday not so good. she said same... silence I said I saw this weird blue light and object. she says exact same. what time i said 1130 roughly she said. she detailed on bus journey to school exact same as I saw she was about 7 doors down from house.
    finally forgot about it about a year later my sloth like brother was joking me about it.
    my parents went ashen and said they saw the exact same thing the first year they moved into the house....
    never ever saw the likes again no idea to this day..

I wonder did you see Ball Lightning?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ball_lightning

Weird one.

Went to the shore today then wandered a while. Small island so no fear of getting lost but when I was walking through overgrown fields, orientated myself,

This dwelling complex was where it really is but there was a huge conifer tree behind it towering over it

I checked the location/house visually again and again.Yep, my place... nope,I have no tree here..no tree and none at this windswept end at all. But there it was, green and tall.

Going to have to go out again to check.

If it has now vanished, I quit!

Lovely tall, triangular conifer it was too.. HAS to be some explanation.

• Advertisement

Bring a camera with you next time, Graces.

New Home wrote: »
    Bring a camera with you next time, Graces.

I had the cellphone in my bag.Just did not think; thanks,,, Just was so puzzled.. Had I maybe not noticed there was a dirty great TREE by the house! Made sure when I came home and then DRAT! NOT AGAIN! lol!

This island has a weird history though. I came across an overgrown boreen and wonder why it went out of use as it is a short cut as against the real road,,, then saw an old ruin and two great gateposts ... shivers..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,976 ✭✭✭Marty Bird

This ones more of a strange coincidence.

A couple of years ago the tyres on my bicycle needed to be changed they were really worn so I bring it to the local bike shop to get 2 new ones.

I start talking to the bloke who was fitting them talking about bike related things he tells me he builds bikes and be doing it for years nice bloke.

The next day I’m flying to work on the bike up ahead the traffic starts to build I go to hit the brakes and out of nowhere a woman walks in front of me the bike go’s into a bad skid I’m thinking this is going to really hurt her but I mange to stop the bike millimetres from her long story short it was the bloke who fitted the new tyres wife he was walking behind her. No way would I have stopped in time with the old tyres.

🌞6.02kWp⚡️3.01kWp South/East⚡️3.01kWp West

Marty Bird wrote: »
    This ones more of a strange coincidence.

A couple of years ago the tyres on my bicycle needed to be changed they were really worn so I bring it to the local bike shop to get 2 new ones.

I start talking to the bloke who was fitting them talking about bike related things he tells me he builds bikes and be doing it for years nice bloke.

The next day I’m flying to work on the bike up ahead the traffic starts to build I go to hit the brakes and out of nowhere a woman walks in front of me the bike go’s into a bad skid I’m thinking this is going to really hurt her but I mange to stop the bike millimetres from her long story short it was the bloke who fitted the new tyres wife he was walking behind her. No way would I have stopped in time with the old tyres.
    He uses the wife to test his work all the time !

That man has standards .

Was talking re all this with a wiser person than I am. As she says, events etc leave echos and that is what I "catch". Such a deeply peaceful silent place that there is little to distract so the memories live on.

I will email the library to see what history there is. I know the old ruining house attached to this dwelling is 150 years old.

That boreen and the ruins fascinate!

Was talking to a wiser person than I will ever be; events and people leave echoes especially in a place like this .. the old ruinous house alongside this dwelling is over 150 years old.. Going to also check on OSI and see what the library archives have too..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,331 ✭✭✭deise08

Seeing that there's no comments in any forum for 1hour..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,273 ✭✭✭UsedToWait

Well Graces7, looks like you broke boards.ie - yours is the last post showing as 07:40 this morning - it's 10:55 now!

UsedToWait wrote: »
    Well Graces7, looks like you broke boards.ie - yours is the last post showing as 07:40 this morning - it's 10:55 now!

roflol! So sorry!! It kept coming and going for a while!

I had the cellphone in my bag.Just did not think; thanks,,, Just was so puzzled.. Had I maybe not noticed there was a dirty great TREE by the house! Made sure when I came home and then DRAT! NOT AGAIN! lol!

This island has a weird history though. I came across an overgrown boreen and wonder why it went out of use as it is a short cut as against the real road,,, then saw an old ruin and two great gateposts ... shivers..

NB I may have an explanation for this. But cannot get back all the way to make sure as am too ....zombied with this illness.

The magic disappearing tree has to be up there with one of the greatest unsolved mysteries going. Riveting stuff.

• Advertisement
Advertisement