Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Has anything genuinely creepy or unnerving ever happened to you?

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,796 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

The weirdest thing just happened me, I was chatting to my brother who lives abroad with his wife and when I was finished I went upstairs to my room and I was just thinking of them and wondering how long before they would have their first child together and thinking maybe she's pregnant already and then my youngest brother comes into me and says SIL is pregnant! I couldn't believe it! maybe its just a coincidence but maybe two weeks back I was walking home from the village and passed where my cousin works and was thinking of him and next thing he pops out of nowhere! "Alright boi" another coincidence maybe but has this happened anyone else before? its been happening regularly enough the last couple of months but there the only incidents that I can remember.

This happened again, was down the park for a walk and was thinking of someone from my childhood, she just popped into my head,I haven't seen or spoken to her in years and then lo and behold a few minutes later I pass her and her husband, probably just a coincidence but felt really strange after it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,108 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

This happened again, was down the park for a walk and was thinking of someone from my childhood, she just popped into my head,I haven't seen or spoken to her in years and then lo and behold a few minutes later I pass her and her husband, probably just a coincidence but felt really strange after it.

I think it's more that you probably unknowingly pass her every day, but because you thought of her that day, you actually noticed her then.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,633 ✭✭✭✭Widdershins

Or maybe you heard her voice without registering it or her husband said her name a few minutes before you saw her...having said that Im a great believer in synchronicity

• Registered Users Posts: 577 ✭✭✭R.F.

A few years ago I was waiting at a train station after work and on my phone viewing a football forum. It was a fairly tight knit community and most posters would be quite familiar with each other. A thread appeared and the poster was saying he was worried as his younger brother had gone missing and they were very concerned. I think he was looking for advice if there was anyway to hack into his brothers phone or laptop to see if he can find any ideas of his whereabouts.

Soon after, an announcement came up to say all trains were delayed. And not long after heard sirens approach. Ambulance workers had to get onto a single carriage provided and go up the track and around the corner just out of sight. Obviously and correctly I assumed something very bad had happened. About an hour or so later services resumed, I got home and I read later that someone had sadly died.

Next day I saw the thread I had been reading and admittedly since forgotten about was bumped. And to say what I read sent chills down my spine would be an understatement. The poster had the very sad news that his brother was found dead after being hit by a train. There was no question that it was the same person, as I knew where the poster was from and yes it was not too far from this train station. This was a good 5 or 6 years ago but I will never forget it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,248 ✭✭✭saabsaab

Story on RTE radio earlier about an encounter with a giant shadow figure in Clare one night sounded like this description.

'The Hat Man appears as a completely dark figure like other Shadow People. The obvious difference is that Hat Man wears a hat which has appeared as a top hat in some sightings and a fedora in others. While many people are unable to make out what he is wearing, some report seeing old-fashioned clothing, a long trench coat or a cape, and he always appears at least six feet tall. The Hat Man's face is also usually indistinguishable but many who he has visited have claimed he has glowing red eyes,'

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,067 ✭✭✭✭fryup

^^^^^^^

which radio programme?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 341 ✭✭feartuath

2006 on a Honda off road motorcycle and was riding in a coillte forest in north Clare.
    I went down between rows of mature trees which led to an old pathway I passed the ruin of a farm house with a rusty galvanised roof and continued on untill I reached the end of the lane.
    Turned round and stopped at the old ruin, parked the bike and looked in the door to see a circle of stones and some branches in a circle which looked like some sort of weige board.
    It freaked me out so I got a strange feeling.

I started the bike and drove back through a stream which I had passed before then the bike died.

Would not start.
    I freaked and pushed it half a mile or so to the main road and called for somone to collect me with a trailer as bike would not start.

I was 15 years or more driving and maintaining bikes ,riding in the Irish enduro championship and this had not happened
    Power washing bikes for years and always started.

During the week tried to start the bike without any maintenance and it fired up first time.

Needless to say I have never returned to that woods.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,812 ✭✭✭Addle

The Baader-Meinhof phenomenon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,108 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

feartuath wrote: »
    2006 on a Honda off road motorcycle and was riding in a coillte forest in north Clare.
    I went down between rows of mature trees which led to an old pathway I passed the ruin of a farm house with a rusty galvanised roof and continued on untill I reached the end of the lane.
    Turned round and stopped at the old ruin, parked the bike and looked in the door to see a circle of stones and some branches in a circle which looked like some sort of weige board.

I started the bike and drove back through a stream which I had passed before then the bike died.

Would not start.
    I freaked and pushed it half a mile or so to the main road and called for somone to collect me with a trailer as bike would not start.

I was 15 years or more driving and maintaining bikes ,riding in the Irish enduro championship and this had not happened

During the week tried to start the bike without any maintenance and it fired up first time.

Your spark plug took on some water, which dried out before you restarted during the week

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,248 ✭✭✭saabsaab

• Advertisement

Quazzie wrote: »
    Your spark plug took on some water, which dried out before you restarted during the week

Enduro bikes are designed for that type of terrain,I still have that same old bike and have often drowned it in water without ever stopping.
    The stream was tiny but there was a bad feeling in tha place.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,778 ✭✭✭up for anything

Would you not go back with company?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

Would not start.

Stupid youngsters probably, messing about with stuff they don't understand. Leave that crap alone kids :mad: for your own good.

Would you not go back with company?

No, I have been in that general area walking and cycling but have not ventured near the house.
    It a couple of Km from the main road, that time the lane way was almost closed in with brambles.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 501 ✭✭✭cazzer22

Stupid youngsters probably, messing about with stuff they don't understand. Leave that crap alone kids :mad: for your own good.

I would never touch an Ouija board. Messing with stuff we have no knowledge of and inviting it into our lives. Freaky.

A year ago my then 100 year old grandmother had a bad fall and was very unwell, in hospital. She has Alzheimer's and at that point it had been around 7 years since she'd last remembered my name. As a result of the fall she was speaking almost exclusively jibberish which was impossible to make sense of and her doctors warned us repeatedly that she was almost certainly going to die.

My cousin and I were visiting her one day and she was lying in her hospital bed, obsessively scrunching the top sheet between her hands and mumbling unintelligible nonsense.

Suddenly she went silent, turned and stared at a blank space on the other side of the bed for a moment and then shot her head in my direction and asked, clear as day, "Is your name Buile??"

My mouth dropped open and I said "Yeah I'm Buile Granny". She turned abruptly back to the blank space and said "There's a man here asking for you".

For a minute my cousin and I just stared at each other, then I said 'hi granddad!?' (he's dead a long time).

Anyway, my granny went back to playing with her sheet and the woman in the bed across the way, who'd we'd been chatting with said, "Well that was creepy wasn't it!" :D

I'm quite sure there's a simple explanation. My cousin no doubt said my name a few minutes before but with her head injury my gran was probably having very slow reactions and by the time her brain caught up she couldn't remember who said my name or where they were. But for just a moment it was very unnerving.

• Registered Users Posts: 798 ✭✭✭Rockbeast2

The Baader-Meinhof phenomenon in action always creeps me out.

Here's a two-fer from last November. Was heading into Dublin city centre for a meeting on Thursday afternoon. Meeting cancelled en-route.

I said feck it and decided to go watch a film in Savoy. Parked on Marlborough Street. Car next to me had song blaring as I got out that I hadn't heard in years. Got to thinking about lad I covered this song with in a band almost 20 years ago and hadn't seen or heard from in at least 18 years.

I was wondering what he would be up to now as I turned onto O'Connell Street. I swear there was not a soul on footpath between me and Savoy except for--

My old bandmate, 20 yards ahead, headphones in and head rockin' and oblivious to the world around him. I was that taken aback I didn't even catch his attention to say hello. :-(

10 minutes later I'm sitting in the Savoy waiting for movie to start and thinking back to those days almost 20 years prior. Started thinking of the girl I was going out with at the time and hadn't seen or heard from in 17/18 years when--

She walks into the cinema and sits directly 2 rows ahead of me!

*I dashed out as the credits rolled. It was all too twillight zone for me!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,466 ✭✭✭blinding

How bad were the Baader Mienhoffs ? ? I mean how much worse than the Bad Mienhoffs were the Baader Mienhoffs ? ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,832 ✭✭✭heldel00

Rockbeast2 wrote: »
    The Baader-Meinhof phenomenon in action always creeps me out.

Here's a two-fer from last November. Was heading into Dublin city centre for a meeting on Thursday afternoon. Meeting cancelled en-route.

I said feck it and decided to go watch a film in Savoy. Parked on Marlborough Street. Car next to me had song blaring as I got out that I hadn't heard in years. Got to thinking about lad I covered this song with in a band almost 20 years ago and hadn't seen or heard from in at least 18 years.

I was wondering what he would be up to now as I turned onto O'Connell Street. I swear there was not a soul on footpath between me and Savoy except for--

My old bandmate, 20 yards ahead, headphones in and head rockin' and oblivious to the world around him. I was that taken aback I didn't even catch his attention to say hello. :-(

10 minutes later I'm sitting in the Savoy waiting for movie to start and thinking back to those days almost 20 years prior. Started thinking of the girl I was going out with at the time and hadn't seen or heard from in 17/18 years when--

She walks into the cinema and sits directly 2 rows ahead of me!

*I dashed out as the credits rolled. It was all too twillight zone for me!
    I was sure you were gonna say "...headphones in and what was he listening to only the song that i had heard on the radio and we had covered years earlier...!"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,125 ✭✭✭talla10

cazzer22 wrote: »
    I would never touch an Ouija board. Messing with stuff we have no knowledge of and inviting it into our lives. Freaky.

In my teens my friends and I regularly created Ouija boards. We spent ages sitting around asking questions and always ended with lads moving the glass but pretending they didn't. Nothing bad ever came out of it.

I'm very cynical about Ouija boards, supernatural occurances, ghosts etc. I've ran around the Hellfire club counter clockwise 10 times to see the devil and stuff like that but never saw anything.

I love this thread but I haven't go any story of my own!:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 798 ✭✭✭Rockbeast2

heldel00 wrote: »
    I was sure you were gonna say "...headphones in and what was he listening to only the song that i had heard on the radio and we had covered years earlier...!"

Ha! No doubt he was listening to same radio station. Lol

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 77,035 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

talla10 wrote: »
    In my teens my friends and I regularly created Ouija boards. We spent ages sitting around asking questions and always ended with lads moving the glass but pretending they didn't. Nothing bad ever came out of it.

I'm very cynical about Ouija boards, supernatural occurances, ghosts etc. I've ran around the Hellfire club counter clockwise 10 times to see the devil and stuff like that but never saw anything.

Be careful what you wish for.

More coincidence but still freaked me. Was cycling a few miles from my house in the country side last Sunday when I noticed a woman walking the road ahead of me who looked very like my next door neighbour. Cycled past and looked back to say hello but it wasn't her, just a woman who looked and dressed very like her. Anyway, my neighbour would have no reason at all to be on that road so just dismissed it but I got a very strong feeling that I was going to see my neighbour anyway.

A few hundred metres up the road, coming against me on the country road, I notice another woman who looks exactly like my neighbour. I get closer and it's her. I find this very weird as I have never seen her in any other context other than in her home or garden.

A few days later I met her and she told me that was the first time she had ever walked that road and she just got a notion to walk it that morning.

Pure coincidence but as I was cycling that road I just got this overwhelming sense that I was going to see that woman, and I did.

• Registered Users Posts: 434 ✭✭Nicetrustedcup

For me it would be the 1st house I grow up in,

It was in the middle of a town over the family’s shop and it probably was about 200 plus years old,

Over the years it was a barber, a regular shop, restaurant and something else I think,

So anyway everyone in my family seen something in the building,

Myself in my bedroom one night I was going to turn off the light in the bedroom and I seen a girl in a dress just standing there by the light, or where my bed was when I used to enter the room there was always a shadow over it,

Then my oldest sisters room was one of the worst she woke up one night to see a man with like a paddy cap at the end of her bed, she also had the covers pulled off her, one night she was in the shop part of the business and she had someone go jeses chirst into her ear,

My mother then seen the same man multiable times in the shop part sitting in a corner on a table with his paddy cap,

We also had one spot that we could never get warm you could put a heater there and it would do Notting at all, it was just a ice cold spot,

There is countless more storeys but I think this is all I can remember of the place as I was young,

However just after we sold the building I got a temp teacher in school who grow up in the same building and she old me story’s about the building to and what she seen over the years,

Then 2 years later the house part was turned into apartments and one of my oldest sisters firends was renting a room in the place and she asked my sister had she ever seen anything strange in her bedroom and her friend told her what she seen and it was the man with the hat again, he used to repeatly pull the covers off her bed, my sister also stayed with her one night after a night out and they both seen the man at the end of the bed,

My sisters friend ended up moveing out of the house over it and others moved out over it to,

There has been a crazy amount of people come and go from that building since and they could not even sell it,

So more or less there has been countless people to see this man in the place and we think it’s the guy who used to own the barbers and does not won’t anyone in his building

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

It was in the middle of a town over the family’s shop and it probably was about 200 plus years old,

Over the years it was a barber, a regular shop, restaurant and something else I think,

So anyway everyone in my family seen something in the building,

Myself in my bedroom one night I was going to turn off the light in the bedroom and I seen a girl in a dress just standing there by the light, or where my bed was when I used to enter the room there was always a shadow over it,

Then my oldest sisters room was one of the worst she woke up one night to see a man with like a paddy cap at the end of her bed, she also had the covers pulled off her, one night she was in the shop part of the business and she had someone go jeses chirst into her ear,

My mother then seen the same man multiable times in the shop part sitting in a corner on a table with his paddy cap,

We also had one spot that we could never get warm you could put a heater there and it would do Notting at all, it was just a ice cold spot,

There is countless more storeys but I think this is all I can remember of the place as I was young,

However just after we sold the building I got a temp teacher in school who grow up in the same building and she old me story’s about the building to and what she seen over the years,

Then 2 years later the house part was turned into apartments and one of my oldest sisters firends was renting a room in the place and she asked my sister had she ever seen anything strange in her bedroom and her friend told her what she seen and it was the man with the hat again, he used to repeatly pull the covers off her bed, my sister also stayed with her one night after a night out and they both seen the man at the end of the bed,

My sisters friend ended up moveing out of the house over it and others moved out over it to,

There has been a crazy amount of people come and go from that building since and they could not even sell it,

So more or less there has been countless people to see this man in the place and we think it’s the guy who used to own the barbers and does not won’t anyone in his building

It would be interesting to find out the history of who lived there

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 501 ✭✭✭cazzer22

talla10 wrote: »

I actually was invited to do it a few times as a teen and have friends that did. My Dad, who is normally very calm and doesn't lose his temper, lost it when he thought I might do one as well. I never went near one after what he said.

Let's just say, in his profession, he has experience of it going very wrong for people and it affecting them and their lives horribly so I just didn't want to gamble with it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,778 ✭✭✭up for anything

It was in the middle of a town over the family’s shop and it probably was about 200 plus years old

I can't stand this. What's the town and where is the building? Google map reference please. :D

Let's just say, in his profession, he has experience of it going very wrong for people and it affecting them and their lives horribly

Likewise this will keep me awake at nights. What is his profession?

• Registered Users Posts: 787 ✭✭✭cnoc

saabsaab wrote: »
    Story on RTE radio earlier about an encounter with a giant shadow figure in Clare one night sounded like this description.

'The Hat Man appears as a completely dark figure like other Shadow People. The obvious difference is that Hat Man wears a hat which has appeared as a top hat in some sightings and a fedora in others. While many people are unable to make out what he is wearing, some report seeing old-fashioned clothing, a long trench coat or a cape, and he always appears at least six feet tall. The Hat Man's face is also usually indistinguishable but many who he has visited have claimed he has glowing red eyes,'

Where in Clare were the reported sightings?

• Registered Users Posts: 434 ✭✭Nicetrustedcup

It would be interesting to find out the history of who lived there
    I can't stand this. What's the town and where is the building? Google map reference please. :D

Likewise this will keep me awake at nights. What is his profession?

I would love to try and find out the full ownership history of this building, to make you laugh my father was offered the building back for 25% of what he sold it for and he still would not take it back !!!

Now that would give away my name and who I am on boards if I told you that one

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭sunshinew

Argh, mention of Ouija board has brought back a memory I like to keep squished down as it makes me question everything.

I'd see myself as a fairly cynical person, not religious, base opinion in science, though I believe we've a lot left to learn about the world so I'm somewhat open to some of the stuff that cannot be explained.

As a teenager, the trend of Ouija boards ran around my school for a couple of months. One night, my best friend at the time was staying over in my house and we thought we'd give it a try. We wrote out a home made Ouija board, I found a ring and we set up in my bedroom just the two of us.

For the first while I think we both thought it was a bit of fun and we kept questioning each other, thinking the other person was pushing it around. A "spirit" named Ben started talking to us,. He said he had died of TB. Thinking it was my friend messing with me, I asked questions she wouldn't know the answer to. I asked where things were hidden in my room and "he" answered correctly. This happened a few times and while freaked out it was a friendly enough "conversation". A friend of mine had recently been killed in a car crash and I asked how she was. He said, "she's not here, she was good."
    He then said he'd been joined by a 7 year old boy named Tim but he was scared to say hello. The conversation suddenly went much darker. It spelled out Dont leave, we asked why. It replied He wants to meet you, he is coming, we asked who, and then.... It spelled out... Satan is here...

I know, I know, I can sense the eye rolls coming from you reading this. Obviously, we freaked out, and it spelled don't leave again. We said we are leaving, we want to leave and what should we do. It spelled out, Be Good.

Obviously the rational explanation is my friend was joking with me. If that's the case, she deserves an Oscar. We both were significantly freaked out for weeks after. I, a teenager obsessed with trying to be cool, wore a religious medal my granny gave me around my neck for at least a year. I hated being left alone. I felt a presence around me for months.

Anyway, time goes by, memories fade, my friend drifted away from me in college as she kinda reinvented herself. Years later I was telling this story to another friend. I hadn't had any contact with my school friend in years. I texted, remember that night with Ben and the board, please tell me, did that actually happen... And she just wrote back yes.

I'm not religious, certainly not organised religion. I would say I don't believe in heaven or hell or even any type of an after life... until I remember that story and then I think oh ****... Maybe I've got it all wrong. I want to believe it was my friend, but knowing her as well as I did and the aftermath of how we both reacted, the other option is actually more believable. I've only really spoken about it 2 or 3 times since as I know people would perceive me as a headcase talking about a teenage ouija experience! But well 20 odd years later and I've just freaked myself out again. Time to dig out some holy water...

• Advertisement

I actually was invited to do it a few times as a teen and have friends that did. My Dad, who is normally very calm and doesn't lose his temper, lost it when he thought I might do one as well. I never went near one after what he said.

Let's just say, in his profession, he has experience of it going very wrong for people and it affecting them and their lives horribly so I just didn't want to gamble with it.

Given my post above, I'd love to know what profession your father is in... And if I've eternally damned myself....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,039 ✭✭✭✭EmmetSpiceland

sunshinew wrote: »
    Given my post above, I'd love to know what profession your father is in... And if I've eternally damned myself....

I’d be more interested in what the 7 year old did to deserve to be there and not with the “good” people.

“It is not blood that makes you Irish but a willingness to be part of the Irish nation” - Thomas Davis

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 605 ✭✭✭upupup

I’d be more interested in what the 7 year old did to deserve to be there and not with the “good” people.

God and the Devil often play poker with the souls of the dead:eek:

I know, we talked about this and came to the conclusion that "Ben" was lying and was saying things to keep us talking to him. He said he was 18.. perfect age for teenage girls. It was a friendly and fun conversation... Until it suddenly wasn't....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,733 ✭✭✭Duckworth_Luas

saabsaab wrote: »

This was a common sighting in rural Ireland in the past.

The shadowy figure in the top hat.

I remember my own parents recounting stories of people who claimed to have seen him.

People only ever saw him at night, where he stood behind an entrance into a field.

The explanation is that it was a horse's face they mistook for a man in such a hat.

Horses are much less common now and nobody ever sees him anymore.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,655 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

Reading this thread and reminds me of something that happened to me in England circa 1979/1980.

Myself and 4 friends had been at a local park and were heading home, one of us asked a man passing by the time and realising he was going to be late home my friend suggested we run the rest of the way (basically 10 minutes, nothing to a bunch of preteens) after a couple of minutes running/jogging I got this crazy sensation that time had slowed down, my mind was still functioning at a normal pace but everything (birds, cars, people) had all slowed to a crawl.

This lasted for what felt like 10 to 15 seconds and then everything just kinda "jerked" back into normal. All of us immediately stopped running, one of my friends asked was it just him or did that happen to us all. We all agreed the same thing happened.

Went home and when we mentioned it to parents/siblings they all said we were crazy/imagining it but all 5 of us had witnessed the strange phenomenon.

Think we only ever mentioned it once or twice after that and I moved to Ireland the following year so never seen them again. Never thought of it since until.i read this thread.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,442 ✭✭✭NSAman

Following on from my previous posts about the house I live in... something else that I have noticed.

I lock every door before leaving except the front door...(zero crime here)

On occasion though, I have noticed that one of the door locks is always unlocked when I come home. So I decided to lock ALL doors before leaving for work.

Low and behold that same door lock was open when I came home.

Security cameras prove no one came in or was around the house that day....

nothing menacing about it... nothing moved or taken... just the same door unlocked and it cannot unlock by itself....strange.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,003 ✭✭✭Hammer89

Hammer89 wrote: »
    I used to work for that old Lucozade factory in Artane. I was drafted in by the fat cats to investigate why it's impossible to keep a bottle of red Lucozade fizzy after it's been opened a couple of times. Anyways, I turned up to the factory early one morning, before anybody else, and saw an old man wearing a wedding dress.

I'd already seen weirder things, and weirder people, in Artane that morning so I wrote it off. "Probably a stag gone awry. I've gone to more extreme lengths to get a Lucozade in a hungover state," I think to myself. But the bossman is due in soon so I need to clear this yokal off. "Hey, you there," I shout at him. "This is no place for you. Be gone at once." He turns around, slowly, and I see it's not any old man, but my f*cking great grandad on my mother's side. "Leave me be you fat knacker," he says to me and continues on his way. To this day nobody believes this happened.

I know what you're thinking. "Did I ever figure out a way to make a Lucozade red bottle retain its fizz?" and the answer, if you've drank the f*cking thing once in the last 10 years, you'll know is no.
    GerryDerpy wrote: »
    What does the 89 mean in your username?
    Not important.
    Well I think it is because I doubt the fat cats hired in an 18 year old whizz kid (or is that fizz kid)?
    It's genuinely creepy that that's the part of my post which you doubt
    Yep. Just calling out the BS is all.

Plus if I knock out the foundation of the story then the rest falls quite easily.
    You're calling BS in a post where I claim to have seen the ghost of my great grandad wearing a wedding dress, in a Lucozade factory in Artane, where I was assigned a job of keeping the fizz in a bottle of red Lucozade?
    Nice try.

The most amazing exchange I've ever had on Boards.

Reading this thread and reminds me of something that happened to me in England circa 1979/1980.

Myself and 4 friends had been at a local park and were heading home, one of us asked a man passing by the time and realising he was going to be late home my friend suggested we run the rest of the way (basically 10 minutes, nothing to a bunch of preteens) after a couple of minutes running/jogging I got this crazy sensation that time had slowed down, my mind was still functioning at a normal pace but everything (birds, cars, people) had all slowed to a crawl.

This lasted for what felt like 10 to 15 seconds and then everything just kinda "jerked" back into normal. All of us immediately stopped running, one of my friends asked was it just him or did that happen to us all. We all agreed the same thing happened.

Went home and when we mentioned it to parents/siblings they all said we were crazy/imagining it but all 5 of us had witnessed the strange phenomenon.

Think we only ever mentioned it once or twice after that and I moved to Ireland the following year so never seen them again. Never thought of it since until.i read this thread.
    Famous Five get done in an Alien Abduction !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,655 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

blinding wrote: »
    Famous Five get done in an Alien Abduction !

No Timmy the dog :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,295 ✭✭✭ckeego

Absolutely brilliant thread that I dip in and out of every few months.

Several times in the last 20 pages I’ve had the spine shivers...

Maybe one for a mod or other, but maybe someone could post the top 10 unnerving stories from here...

Certainly the one of the lady and her dogs in the forest makes it into the Top 3...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,181 ✭✭✭Lady Haywire

ckeego wrote: »
    Absolutely brilliant thread that I dip in and out of every few months.

Several times in the last 20 pages I’ve had the spine shivers...

Maybe one for a mod or other, but maybe someone could post the top 10 unnerving stories from here...

Certainly the one of the lady and her dogs in the forest makes it into the Top 3...

This link should give you the most thanked posts in descending order.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭Banana Republic.

sunshinew wrote: »

A friend of mine had recently been killed in a car crash and I asked how she was. He said, "she's not here, she was good."
    He then said he'd been joined by a 7 year old boy named Tim but he was scared to say hello. The conversation suddenly went much darker. It spelled out Dont leave, we asked why. It replied He wants to meet you, he is coming, we asked who, and then.... It spelled out... Satan is here... quote]

That officially gave me goosebumps. Freaked me out.

Dunno if this counts but I’ll post it anyway

Seen such a weird thing twice today.
    There was a huge amount of broken glass (a huge amount you’d noticed if it smashed on the road by A Roundabout no crash had happened or nobody was attending it , just lying there on the road it was very dangerous. So about half hour later I was out by the local airport and there was another huge amount of glass on the road unattended and no signs of a crash or anything. Kinda weirded me out at the time and more I’m thinking of it. Looked up what does broken glass mean and it’s supposed to be good luck is coming after a bad or tough time recently. Mad one (well in my head anyway lol)

Dunno if this counts but I’ll post it anyway

Seen such a weird thing twice today.
    There was a huge amount of broken glass (a huge amount you’d noticed if it smashed on the road by A Roundabout no crash had happened or nobody was attending it , just lying there on the road it was very dangerous. So about half hour later I was out by the local airport and there was another huge amount of glass on the road unattended and no signs of a crash or anything. Kinda weirded me out at the time and more I’m thinking of it. Looked up what does broken glass mean and it’s supposed to be good luck is coming after a bad or tough time recently. Mad one (well in my head anyway lol)
    Any Chicago Gangsters from the 1920’s about !

Any Chicago Gangsters from the 1920’s about !

I don’t get your reference, care to elaborate?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,368 ✭✭✭Smart Bug

NSAman wrote: »
    Following on from my previous posts about the house I live in... something else that I have noticed.

I lock every door before leaving except the front door...(zero crime here)

On occasion though, I have noticed that one of the door locks is always unlocked when I come home. So I decided to lock ALL doors before leaving for work.

Low and behold that same door lock was open when I came home.

Security cameras prove no one came in or was around the house that day....

nothing menacing about it... nothing moved or taken... just the same door unlocked and it cannot unlock by itself....strange.

Can you focus the cctv on it?

Couple of weird things have happened to me over the years.

Reading the BMP posts and it somehow made me think of a guy I kept encountering on the way to work every morning in 2002/3.

I’d just moved to Dublin, cut my hair, got a job. Walked across the (new) millennium bridge, north to south, and at around the same point of the bridge I’d come face to face with this guy who looked exactly the same as me - tall, dark hair, smig, scowl (because it’s morning) except with long hair. The exact same. Made me feel dizzy to look at him; one morning I nearly fell over. And I swear he was thinking the same. Or else thought I fancied the cut of his jib.

I’m underselling the strangeness which permeated me and spike of adrenaline I experienced when I encountered him. Never laid eyes on him anywhere but on that bridge; haven’t seen him since.

Covid-19 looking for an invite !

...too soon man, too soon.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 28 starrygleam11

Im not sure if its weird but
    I was 16 skateboarding in a few story parking lot i was at the very top as there was barley any cars there.
    There was an elevator to get up there too.
    Rarley anyone came through that elevator.
    As i was skating i Heard the elevator open some Dude in his mid 30s came up he looked around at me and said hi i said hi back and focused on skating as soon as i turned around trying to ride in the other direction i Heard him running towards me i grabbed my board ran for my life and never skated in that park again.

Advertisement