Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Has anything genuinely creepy or unnerving ever happened to you?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,420 ✭✭✭Lollipops23

darlenmol wrote: »
    Sounds like a Silas Mariner moment

Thanks for bringing the memory of studying that for my LC screaming back to me. The one and only time I feel asleep in school!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,442 ✭✭✭NSAman

I know I have already told you about my new house. This one is a little different.

Was in the pub with a few friends quite a few years ago. We were having fun and laughing the usual stuff.

Anyhow, it was getting on and a round was ordered. My mate was bringing the drinks across from the bar and reached the table, when he got to the table he went to hand me the drink .. as if in slow motion a plane crashed through the bar and I jumped back into the seat to get away spilling drink on two of the girls and my own drink. They all looked at me. "What the hell?" I told them I had just seen a plane crash into the bar....it frightened the hell out of me.

We drank up continued on, and forgot about it. They taking the p1ss out of me. Went home slept and first thing in the morning got a phone call. Lockerbie had happened that night.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,642 ✭✭✭MRnotlob606

My father told me a strange story about a pub he was in, in England during the late 60s, Apparently the pub was famous among pirates and smugglers during the 18th century. Anyway, The barman had to leave a pint on the counter every night and if he didn't the place would be wrecked in the morning with chairs everywhere. Supposedly haunted by a pirate fond of the drink.

Just researched there now, the pub is named "Marsden Grotto" It's still open today. You can read more about it here http://www.mysteriousbritain.co.uk/england/tyne-and-wear/hauntings/marsden-grotto.html Reminds me of Pirates of the Caribbean or something.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,182 ✭✭✭RonanP77

I screamed, probably a higher pitch then a bats scream....Grabbed the bed sheet and ran downstairs in hysterics. Traumatised as I was I reckon my uncle was more traumatised to find an 18 year old me in his room, babbling incoherently, dressed in nothing but a soggy bed sheet.

Are you a guy or a girl? 18 year old guy running around with nothing on but a soggy bed sheet is a slightly disturbing image.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,341 ✭✭✭D Trent

RonanP77 wrote: »
    Are you a guy or a girl? 18 year old guy running around with nothing on but a soggy bed sheet is a slightly disturbing image.

Where as a girl in a sweaty bed sheet isn't a disturbing image ?

You perv 😂

• Advertisement

D Trent wrote:
    Where as a girl in a sweaty bed sheet isn't a disturbing image ?

I wouldn't be distributed by it....... depending on the girl I suppose and as long as there were no knives or anything involved, you never know on this thread.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,318 ✭✭✭✭Menas

RonanP77 wrote: »

I am a man. Although on that night it was questionable!

• Registered Users Posts: 621 ✭✭✭weekaizer

This is not as creepy as some stories on here but it's my contribution to my favourite thread!
    When I was younger I remember sitting with my sister in the back seat of my brothers car on a Sunday morning, he's reading the paper waiting for my parents to come out of the shop, my and sis are talking about mass as we just came out of the chapel and the conversation shifts to father ted, I'm only 7 years old and I ask where is craiggy Island so we cud go there to listen to their Mass for the craic and my sister who is much older starts arguing telling me that they are not real priests which I refused to believe!.
    My brother turns around to me and shows me an article in his paper which shows a picture of fr ted, Dougle and jack with a caption about the pic stating "for feck sakes they're not real priests" I could not believe the coincidence, I have no idea why that article was in the paper, looking back it seems so strange!.

A similar episode a couple of years later I was watching TV in my sitting room with my cousin who was reading a newspaper!...
    There was a news story on the telly about formula one Grand Prix that weekend. I turn to my cousin and I ask him about Aryton Sennas crash (this was in 1997 so was good few years after his fatal crash in 1994). I asked my cousin what happened to him and what did he crash into. He looks up at me and then back to his paper and starts casually reading out an article about his crash and how he was killed. I think he thought I seen the paper earlier but I never looked at papers at all as a child.
    thought it was a very strange experience!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,183 ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

This one happened to my mam a good few years ago.

We were getting ready to go on holidays to Wicklow or somewhere one weekend and my mam was finishing up in work on the Thursday or Friday. It was really busy that day so she left work late, got home, got dinner on etc... So didn't really have time to pack everything for the weekend. Now at the time we were kind of in between houses, we were renting a place and her partners house was around the corner from where we were renting, so we'd often spend nights in between the houses. This particular night we were staying at the partners house. So she went to bed a bit stressed and said she'd pack all the stuff in the morning.

Woke up that morning and looked outside to find the car was gone. Started freaking out that the car had been stolen, reported it to the guards, guards came and took statements and all the rest. After all the drama that morning, she went back around to the house we were renting to find the car parked in the driveway. So again, more freaking out as she'd driven home to the partners house, parked the car there and stayed in his house the night before. Didn't know how the hell the car had ended up at the other house. Called the guards to say the car had been found and whatnot. She opened the boot of the car to find our suitcases all packed and ready to go. Hadn't a clue how as there was nothing packed the night before.

The only thing that could possibly have happened is that somehow in her sleep she'd driven to the other house, packed everything and walked back. But it had been pissing rain that night and there was a small green you had to walk through to go between the houses so she should have been mucky but she wasn't.

Still have no idea to this day what happened that night.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,867 ✭✭✭eternal

I was walking one night in the local country side as dusk was falling. My usual walk went around a certain area where there was a traveller lay by with caravans and the like. This particular night there was no caravans parked, it was just a long solitary lane with not a single person around. As I moved there was a certain change in the atmosphere , like a shift in energy around me. A black mass traveling swiftly brushed past me soundlessly as the air thinned and the light dimmed. It was taller than me and large in shape. There was a sense of peace and stillness and it all happened very fast. I assumed it to be just the night approaching and I continued on. I did not realise it at the time, but at that exact spot there was a headstone for a local traveller who had been murdered a few feet away many years before hand. He was stabbed repeatedly and collapsed onto a nearby garden, some part of a feud which had taken place. I presume it was people perceive to be a ghost but it didn't have a face or identifiable identity.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 640 ✭✭✭Tony Beetroot

Still have no idea to this day what happened that night.

She either took the longer route via the footpath or else its all imagination.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,114 ✭✭✭ivytwine

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,318 ✭✭✭✭Menas

ivytwine wrote: »

Yeah, that one will haunt me for a while. Poor woman is broken.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

Tragic, absolutely tragic, let's hope the mother gets the support she needs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,081 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

Just so sad on so many levels :(

• Registered Users Posts: 11 ozzers1989

God, I had forgotten about this thread...haven't read it in about a year! So good! Although, not so good when I need to sleep at night

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭DareGod

I don't find it creepy at all. I just find it heartbreaking. I know we don't know the details, but it just sounds like a completely devastated mother.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Sayonara

This all happened 10+ years ago but it will never leave me.

My aunt was sitting in her kitchen with her 2 year old when she catches him staring into the far corner of the room. "What's up with ya?" she says. Not taking his eyes off the spot he replies "That man. He's a dirty man". He said it in such a strange tone of voice and it made her blood run cold. The next door neighbour had hung himself 4 years previously after he'd been accused of molesting some young boys.

A few months later I was babysitting for my aunt and wasn't expecting her back til the very early hours. I was fast asleep in the spare room when I woke to find a dark presence looming over me and an painful pressure on my chest. I tried to scream out but there was no sound. I kind of zoned out and next minute it was all over, although I didn't sleep again for the night.

And noooo before you all gleefully point out it was just sleep paralysis, it turns out it was actually my aunt's boyfriend, who decided to molest me in my sleep whilst he was drunk. I think I would have preferred the paedo ghost from next door to be honest... :(

Sayonara wrote: »

And noooo before you all gleefully point out it was just sleep paralysis, it turns out it was actually my aunt's boyfriend, who decided to molest me in my sleep whilst he was drunk. I think I would have preferred the paedo ghost from next door to be honest... :(

That's terrible, I hope he's now her ex boyfriend and got reported for it :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,197 ✭✭✭bottlebrush

This all happened 10+ years ago but it will never leave me.

My aunt was sitting in her kitchen with her 2 year old when she catches him staring into the far corner of the room. "What's up with ya?" she says. Not taking his eyes off the spot he replies "That man. He's a dirty man". He said it in such a strange tone of voice and it made her blood run cold. The next door neighbour had hung himself 4 years previously after he'd been accused of molesting some young boys.

A few months later I was babysitting for my aunt and wasn't expecting her back til the very early hours. I was fast asleep in the spare room when I woke to find a dark presence looming over me and an painful pressure on my chest. I tried to scream out but there was no sound. I kind of zoned out and next minute it was all over, although I didn't sleep again for the night.

Was it the same aunt in both instances - if so, I am just wondering if the two year old was actually talking about his mother's boyfriend...?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4 Sayonara

No they stayed together "for the kids" (I mean seriously, has to be the most inappropriate reason ever) and the whole thing has been brushed under the carpet, even though he did the same to my sister AND tried to make a move on my granny...

Dysfunctional family eh? ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 782 ✭✭✭Reiver

No they stayed together "for the kids" (I mean seriously, has to be the most inappropriate reason ever) and the whole thing has been brushed under the carpet, even though he did the same to my sister AND tried to make a move on my granny...

I....I just can't understand how someone wouldn't report him especially when there is kids involved!

Because staying with a known sex offender is definitely good for the kids :mad:

What age were you and your sister when this happened? Do you not have any angry brothers?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

Worked in a private hospital in London for Brain injuries and severe mental and physical development issues one summer. I was 17...got the job through a family friend (more than 20 years ago!), I was a porter and had to push wheelchairs around between treatment centres.

Sound for the job like.

Dreadful.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,778 ✭✭✭up for anything

Sorry that has to be the most fucked up thing I've heard in a while. Would you and your sister not report him to the police? He could well be molesting his own children never mind their friends. I had a great-uncle like that and he cut a swathe through all his very young female relatives. Everything from a quick touch to rape depending on opportunity. If he hadn't died before I knew what was what I would have had no hesitation in reporting him. There were five of us that I know of and he had access to so many little girls over the years that I can't imagine that he stopped at us.

Most creepy thing ever was....

I used to be friends with a girl in my old neighbourhood who lived a little out of the village. So, if we were hanging out late or whatever, O would normally walk her home and then walk back again as it would get very dark etc. along the route.

One night anyway, I walked her home and then, strolling back, I heard someone digging - like with a spade. Pretty much freaked me out. I then saw the sillhouette of a pretty big man just a metre off the road to the right, who I wad going to have to walk past. I was only 16 or 17.

I cant remember if I coughed or something to alert him as I approached but he stopped anyway and I just kind of kept facing in his direction as I passed, though we couldnt see each other. Pretty much ran home the rest of the way.

So... the next day I walked along to visit my friend and had a look to see could I see anything. There was no obvious sign of digging or where a hole might have been etc. Just where I thought it was though... was a bin bag with childrens toys in it.

:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,341 ✭✭✭D Trent

J Mysterio wrote: »
    Most creepy thing ever was....

I used to be friends with a girl in my old neighbourhood who lived a little out of the village. So, if we were hanging out late or whatever, O would normally walk her home and then walk back again as it would get very dark etc. along the route.

One night anyway, I walked her home and then, strolling back, I heard someone digging - like with a spade. Pretty much freaked me out. I then saw the sillhouette of a pretty big man just a metre off the road to the right, who I wad going to have to walk past. I was only 16 or 17.

I cant remember if I coughed or something to alert him as I approached but he stopped anyway and I just kind of kept facing in his direction as I passed, though we couldnt see each other. Pretty much ran home the rest of the way.

So... the next day I walked along to visit my friend and had a look to see could I see anything. There was no obvious sign of digging or where a hole might have been etc. Just where I thought it was though... was a bin bag with childrens toys in it.

:eek:
    Pretty.......as in a handsome devil ? ..........Or

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54 ✭✭Mr. McGreg

D Trent wrote: »
    Pretty.......as in a handsome devil ? ..........Or

You know what they mean, dumbass

• Registered Users Posts: 1,117 ✭✭✭Melisandre121

I always read this thread late at night and end up really upset.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,772 ✭✭✭mg1982

The first time i smoked weed i felt like my life had become like the truman show. Still feels that way sometimes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭SillyMangoX

Reading this thread in the middle of the night while sick is never a good idea. I was scratching my head/playing with my hair while reading but got so absorbed in the stories that I forgot what I was doing and thought there was a random person in my bed playing with my hair. I need a heart transplant and some sleep please :O

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,201 ✭✭✭jamesbondings

In the uk visiting the girlfriend for a few days...so strange enough house for me. Read some of this thread. Needed to pee. Turned on the light. Legged it to the toilet. Came back in to find herself bolt upright in the bed wondering where I was. Why is the loght on and why did I slam the door.

Ten minutes later reading the ine about the guy with sczophrenia and as it gets intense I hear screams outside as if a girl is getting stabbed or raped. Sneakily and slowly get up and go to the window only to see foxes....fighting....they scream like a banshee....I couodnt sleep a wink. Now the sun is coming up I think I shoild tryto sleep a bit hahahaha feck ye all....

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,466 ✭✭✭blinding

Reading this thread in the middle of the night while sick is never a good idea. I was scratching my head/playing with my hair while reading but got so absorbed in the stories that I forgot what I was doing and thought there was a random person in my bed playing with my hair. I need a heart transplant and some sleep please :O
    That was me !

You have lovely hair !:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,525 ✭✭✭valoren

Not creepy but a little strange. Two coincidences happened in the past week that I was taken aback by.

First was at work, where I usually get a sandwich with a friend. I was reading on wikipedia about Baseball terms and how they are used in everyday english such as "Give me a ballpark figure", "Cover your bases" etc. Just as my friend motioned to get going from across the room, I was reading the Yogi Berra quote "It ain't over til it's over", then closed the window and went to meet my friend at the lift.

He said to me in jest waiting for the lift, "What's up there now Boo Boo" in a Yogi Bear voice. Remarkable co-incidence. He has never said that before to me.

Another just last Tuesday, I was having breakfast in a restaurant in town before work. I usually get scrambled eggs. I was reading the Examiner and there was a small article about Paul McCartney's song Yesterday. Reading through it explained how the tune came to his head in a dream and how the song could have been called......cue the waitress with my order, "Scrambled Eggs?".....Scrambled Eggs The strange thing is she said the words as I read them in my head. Weird.

valoren wrote: »
    Not creepy but a little strange. Two coincidences happened in the past week that I was taken aback by.

First was at work, where I usually get a sandwich with a friend. I was reading on wikipedia about Baseball terms and how they are used in everyday english such as "Give me a ballpark figure", "Cover your bases" etc. Just as my friend motioned to get going from across the room, I was reading the Yogi Berra quote "It ain't over til it's over", then closed the window and went to meet my friend at the lift.

He said to me in jest waiting for the lift, "What's up there now Boo Boo" in a Yogi Bear voice. Remarkable co-incidence. He has never said that before to me.

Another just last Tuesday, I was having breakfast in a restaurant in town before work. I usually get scrambled eggs. I was reading the Examiner and there was a small article about Paul McCartney's song Yesterday. Reading through it explained how the tune came to his head in a dream and how the song could have been called......cue the waitress with my order, "Scrambled Eggs?".....Scrambled Eggs The strange thing is she said the words as I read them in my head. Weird.

I think it's called Baader-Meinhoff phenomenon - don't know how to insert a link, but you should google it. It' been mentioned here on this thread previously.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 765 ✭✭✭Rega

I think it's called Baader-Meinhoff phenomenon - don't know how to insert a link, but you should google it. It' been mentioned here on this thread previously.

Had it last week. I was driving home from work when an ad came on the radio for the stage show of "Once". In the background was the guitar intro to the song. I'm sick to death of hearing the ad and the song so I changed the radio station to Radio One ..... just at the lady, who was in the middle of the shipping forecast says "Falling Slowly".

Can't escape the bloody song.

When I was a kid, around 12/13, I was walking from my house to go play with my friends across the street.
    Along the way there was a man standing by his car with the boot open. I wasn’t too bothered by him, then he called me over with a ‘friendly’ voice and asked for a favor.
    I was still pretty innocent and didn’t think too much of it. I said ‘what’s it?’ and he starts to tell me how he locked himself out of the car but the boot was still open and he’s too old and big to climb in.

So he asks me to climb through the boot and open the driver door for him. Now I’m a kid so I didn’t really know how to say no and even still I wasn’t worried. So I actually thought I could help so I said I’d try and leaned into the boot a bit to see if I could reach the front door (I couldn’t) and then this is finally when it all hit me.. He starts walking to the back of the card towards me saying “your nearly there just jump in and you’ll reach it” I immediately panicked and jumped out and just said sorry and ran off…… I went and played with my friends and when I walked home later the car was gone. I should have went and told someone about it, who knows if he actually got some poor kid into that boot. Still makes me shiver to this day.

I always read this thread late at night and end up really upset.

Love the eerie and the macabre, but apart from the mother pushing her dead child on the last page (which is deeply upsetting rather than creepy, I can't stop thinking about it) I'm still waiting for the scare. I think collecting The Unexplained in the 80s as a 10 year old has made me immune...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭IvyTheTerrible

Sort of Bader-Meinhoff but weirder - I was reading a novel, one of those "Penguin Classics" editions that you could buy for a pound back in the day. The story was rolling along nicely, but then there must have been a printer's error or something because there was a line of jumbled text, then the sentence "[my first name] you are looking lovely today", another line of jumbled text, and then back to the novel. I found that freaky!

(Also last week, I was reading the acknowledgements in a novel I'd just finished, and the author thanked someone with the exact same first and second name as me!)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,894 ✭✭✭Triceratops Ballet

I had a friend who died by suicide almost ten years ago now, one night about two years after he died, I had the strangest dream about him. I woke up (in the dream) I was in a white bed, in a white room with stairs on the corner going up, I heard my sister shouting to me saying there's someone upstairs to see you, so I scramble out of bed and race up the stairs (i can still remember the frantic feeling of trying to rush up the stairs so fast) I get to the top of the stairs and there he is, my friend, just sitting on a white couch waiting for me, so I start babbling oh my god!, what are you doing here?, where did you come from?, why did you leave? and he just goes all calm, and says none of that is important, but I'm ok now and I want you to know you will be ok too.

So next morning came, and the dream had really effected me, I was totally distracted, because it felt like it wasn't a dream, my dreams are usually nonsensical and totally random, but this was as clear as day and so plain, it just felt so real. People in work noticed how distracted by it I was I was so on edge, at lunch time that day my mom called and asked me to come home straight away because my grandad had had a fall and was being taken to hospital. He died from a brain bleed before we even got there.

The following night I had a similar dream, in that I woke up again in this white bed in the white room, but this time my grandad was there, standing over me, with his hand on my shoulder tucking me in.

It might be nothing but I like to think that my loved ones knew something bad was coming and wanted me to know I wasn't alone!

BTW it definitely wasn't sleep paralysis, I had that a few years later for the first time and it was an entirely more terrifying experience

• Advertisement

My dad had a dream like that and it brought great comfort to him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,432 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

The amount of stories here of Kids(or when they were kids) nearly getting abducted by strangers is quite high and scary

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,114 ✭✭✭ivytwine

J Mysterio wrote: »
    My dad had a dream like that and it brought great comfort to him.

I had a similar experience a few months after a school friend died. It was incredibly comforting.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,246 ✭✭✭ardinn

I had a dream about my granny a few years ago, she looked fairly terrible and wouldnt talk to me. I asked my mother why she wouldnt talk to me and she said "why do you think?"

I never went to see my granny when she was dying, I know now she would have loved to see me, but I dont like those situations, and because she had been very ill very often, i suppose I presumed she would pull through again.

I was also doing very little with my life at the time. Maybe thats why, But it annoys me greatly!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,737 ✭✭✭Missymoohaa

ardinn wrote: »
    I had a dream about my granny a few years ago, she looked fairly terrible and wouldnt talk to me. I asked my mother why she wouldnt talk to me and she said "why do you think?"

I never went to see my granny when she was dying, I know now she would have loved to see me, but I dont like those situations, and because she had been very ill very often, i suppose I presumed she would pull through again.

I was also doing very little with my life at the time. Maybe thats why, But it annoys me greatly!!

Its sounds to me your dream is more about your guilt emotions. Your mum is being very hard on you, when we're young we dont understand mortality. I, like you, didnt visit my much loved grandmother in her last years, but I know she didn't hold it against me on the contrary I feel she's guided me when I needed it since.

You loved your grandmother thats all that matters, not hospital visits. Give your heart peace.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,544 ✭✭✭Samaris

I had a weird experience when I was living in England. It's not necessarily going to make a huge amount of sense writing it down, because it was the sound that was strange.

I was living near a main road; a loop that went in off the motorway, and had a tiny little Jewish graveyard on our end, only about the size of a large garden, then the wall, then the motorway, so you can imagine it was a fairly continuous noise of traffic. My room faced over the little graveyard and towards the motorway. It was a hot summer (year before last now), so I usually slept with the sash windows open. I woke up fairly suddenly at around 3AM, and wasn't sure what had woken me, until I realised it was a dead silence, rather unusual, even for that time. Time is hard to judge, but I'd say the almost oppressive silence lasted about ten seconds before a shrill, rather mechanical laugh started echoing outside. Here's where it gets hard to describe, but the laugh seemed to be pitched in a very repetitive fashion - "ha-ha-HA-HA-ha-ha-ha" and it repeated with the exact same notes. Then several more voices joined in, all on the exact same pitch, and the same pattern of "ha"s. It all repeated about four or five times before going silent again. Then a car passed, and things went back to normal.

I couldn't say where it was coming from exactly, perhaps beyond the graveyard wall at the motorway, but with how echoes work at night, it could have been nearer or farther away.

It's worth noting that I never had any issues with the graveyard, I wasn't afraid of it, and had no issues walking along it to get to the house.

My completely rational explanation:
    - The oppressiveness of the silence was because I wasn't used to it being so quiet, and it was a hot night. Retrospect made the silence heavier than it was.
    - Someone was messing with some sort of toy outside, and the silence, plus the way the area is shaped, helped the echoes to travel much further. Maybe there was a setting for multiple voices, I dunno. That seems nonsensical at 3AM in an area without that many people living in it, but people do weird ****.

Explanation 2 - I was dreaming. Honestly don't think I was though.

Explanation 3 - I have demons. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,246 ✭✭✭ardinn

Its sounds to me your dream is more about your guilt emotions. Your mum is being very hard on you, when we're young we dont understand mortality. I, like you, didnt visit my much loved grandmother in her last years, but I know she didn't hold it against me on the contrary I feel she's guided me when I needed it since.

You loved your grandmother thats all that matters, not hospital visits. Give your heart peace.

Thanks - although I asked my mother in the dream, not in real life - so dont know what to make of that!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,642 ✭✭✭MRnotlob606

I had a weird dream I was singing a song about Bob Dylan being from Waterford and his exploits of drinking "laayrge Bohels":pac:

I have a recurring dream that I own another house and it's in Dublin. There are loads of rooms in it and a two storey mews extension out the back. When I come in the front door there is a corridor down to the right which has a self contained living area. The downstairs of the house has low ceilings and hasn't been redecorated since the 1950s. I haven't been upstairs yet! There are tenants in the house. In my dream last night I called into it and the tenants had done it up a bit, they had torn down the old wall paper and wallpapered every room with white wall paper with black flowers! One of the tenants is a guy with curly black hair and a beard, the other tenant is a girl.
    I know this thread isn't about recurring dreams but I dream about this house so frequently it is bizarre and I wonder what it means.
    (If anybody knows where it is, can you call in and see if there is a property tax bill and anything from Irish Water!!).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,958 ✭✭✭_Whimsical_

I have a recurring dream that I own another house and it's in Dublin. There are loads of rooms in it and a two storey mews extension out the back. When I come in the front door there is a corridor down to the right which has a self contained living area. The downstairs of the house has low ceilings and hasn't been redecorated since the 1950s. I haven't been upstairs yet! There are tenants in the house. In my dream last night I called into it and the tenants had done it up a bit, they had torn down the old wall paper and wallpapered every room with white wall paper with black flowers! One of the tenants is a guy with curly black hair and a beard, the other tenant is a girl.
    I know this thread isn't about recurring dreams but I dream about this house so frequently it is bizarre and I wonder what it means.
    (If anybody knows where it is, can you call in and see if there is a property tax bill and anything from Irish Water!!).

I hope you've registered with Irish Water, dream houses are not exempt you know.

The house is supposed to represent the self in dreams. I'd always heard that anyway and that dreams about doing up houses or finding extra rooms meant working on yourself and discovering new aspects of yourself.
    I have a friend who had a breakdown after a family tragedy. During that time we often used to chat about our dreams because I suppose daytime stuff wasn't so easy for her. All through her breakdown she had a recurring dream she owned a house on a mountain with a lovely view but when she'd go inside the house there were no windows, so she was in darkness, could never see the view. As she got better the dream started to change, to the house having one window and eventually it had more and more. Over the course of a year it changed to extent that she was finding more and more rooms and extra stories. She definitely believed it was representing her inner self and that the house improvements in the dreams mirrored her steps to recovery.
    I suppose we all have our own different symbols that mean different things to us but her story made me often think that there was definitely something in dream analysis and maybe in the symbol of the house as the self.

• Advertisement
Advertisement