Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Has anything genuinely creepy or unnerving ever happened to you?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,182 ✭✭✭Beef

i got stuck in carrick on suir one night

Close the thread we have a winner. :D
    Only joking Carrick people, please don't hurt me.

• Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭speckledhen

Was renting a house in Limerick years ago. There was always something very creepy about the house and I would never stay there on my own. Came home one day to find every window in the house open when everything had been shut leaving. It was normal for there to be constant banging sounds like doors or windows shutting around the house. On two separate nights we heard the front door opening and closing, someone going up the stairs, across the landing and into one of the bedrooms. The bedroom door would then close. There never was anyone upstairs when this happened.
    I don't know why but we decided to peak into the attic one day, as we were opening it we got really freaked out and had a horrible feeling about it. Nothing happened but it was full of old children's toys and belongings...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,008 ✭✭✭not yet

cazzer22 wrote: »
    I was driving through Chapelizod towards Castleknock one night about 11 or half 11. I was stopped at a traffic lights that was at the crossroads with Castleknock college on my left and I was going straight ahead. This particular traffic lights always used to annoy me because it literally takes AGES to turn green. I remember the roads being seriously quiet this one particular time and the lights had just turned red. I was a little bit freaked out by how quiet the roads were and locked my doors, just for comfort. A minute or so later, I saw a man walking along the pathway. on the opposite side of the road, waving at me. I didn't know him as I'm not from the area and felt it was very odd, being so late at night and everything. He was saying something to me, I could see his lips moving but obviously couldn't hear (the windows were closed and I was NOT opening them). He started to walk towards the car and this is where I really started to feel uneasy. He reached out as if he was going to open the driver door (the light was STILL red). I drove through the red anyway and just saw him standing in the same spot until I was a good bit up the road. I was really freaked out because who approaches somebody on a quiet road so late at night? Not a great idea to drive through a red light, obviously, but I was terrified.

Could have been trying to tell you your headlights were off..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,226 ✭✭✭nikkibikki

Beef wrote:
    Close the thread we have a winner. Only joking Carrick people, please don't hurt me.

Ah it's not that bad! Lived a few miles outside it most of my life!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭FionnK86

When I was about 9 or 10 my grandad Paddy Murphy passed away of Cancer. He was always having a laugh and a funny character, but was serious about religion and sung in the choir in mass. Myself, my dad and my brothers and sisters were travelling up the N7 to the burial in Clondalkin when we passed a truck that read 'Paddy Murphy Livestock, but the "tock" had been partially scuffed. Never put too much thought into it because I believed more in the afterlife back then, but it creeps me out now!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 501 ✭✭✭cazzer22

not yet wrote: »
    Could have been trying to tell you your headlights were off..

I wish it was this. My headlights were definitely on and why reach for the driver door? Odd.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 174 ✭✭Sergei Malatov

This is in Philadelphia btw. Went to an Italian deli to get a cheesesteak.

There is nobody behind the counter. No sign of a functioning business.

There are just four or five men at a back table staring at me.

"Stai bene?"

I said I wanted a cheesesteak.

"We don't have any bread."

For some reason I thought this was normal - nothing awry - so I ask for a coke.

Guy says something in Italian while the rest of them sit there eyeballing me, grabs a coke from a cooler that looks like it is never used and throws it to me.

"On the house."

It was a long walk out of that place.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,067 ✭✭✭✭fryup

^^^^^^^^^^^^^

mafia hangout??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,368 ✭✭✭MonkieSocks

cazzer22 wrote: »
    I wish it was this. My headlights were definitely on and why reach for the driver door? Odd.

=(:-) Me? I know who I am. I'm a dude playing a dude disguised as another dude (-:)=

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,345 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

My great grandfather spotted a ghost in a field in Mayo.

They ended up building a shrine and an airport after it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 174 ✭✭Sergei Malatov

fryup wrote: »
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^

mafia hangout??

At the time it didn't register but in hindsight, yes it was.

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭goose1

Scary ****...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭Niemoj

At the time it didn't register but in hindsight, yes it was.

Appropriate username.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭fiachr_a

Three older men each gave me verbal hassle/bullying when I was younger. All three had a son who then died in tragic accidents.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,182 ✭✭✭RonanP77

Are you a genius serial killer?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,341 ✭✭✭D Trent

RonanP77 wrote: »
    Are you a genius cereal killer?

Yes

He likes to inflict pain on Coco Pops, Frosties and Rice Crispies to name but a few

• Closed Accounts Posts: 257 ✭✭dandyelevan

Some of the above posts reminded me of the following two incidents from my youth.

Two chaps I went to school with were out 'lamping foxes' in the middle of the night.
    This was back in the 1960s when such 'hunting' was new, and all the rage.
    Their equipment, as I understand it (having never done it) consisted of a powerful lamp, hooked up to a car-battery in a back-pack.
    Anyway, all went well until about two a.m. and the two boys were literally miles from anywhere in the foothills of the Slieve Phelim mountains.
    The beam picked up a hare, and in the absence of a fox they decided to shoot it.

Suddenly, into the beam strode a young woman, who calmly stood in front of the hare as if to protect it.
    There was a 'staring match' for a few minutes.

The woman never moved, but her clothes did blow in the breeze.
    But her eyes were illuminated by the powerful light 'as a fox's would.'
    The two boyos ran away, leaving their equipment behind them.
    I knew one of the lads quite well and he was very frightened, even months after that event.

Naturally, I was curious as to what the mystery woman was wearing, etc, etc.
    'A long dress and a shawl, and she had long hair and shining eyes...very shiny eyes' was all he would tell me.
    The other chap went to the local Priest and told him about the episode, but refused to talk to anyone else.

Neither went 'Lamping' again.

Tim-Joe was an Insurance collector that to our house every week to collect his 'six-penny premium' from my mother. This would be back in the late 1960s.
    Tim was a great friend of the family and a popular chap all round.
    One night after he retired from the Insurance job he gave me a lift home from the Cinema, and on the way, he told me the following story.
    One winter's evening Tim had collected money from a neighbor of ours, and hopped into his trusty old Morris Minor car.
    As he pulled onto the road, he checked his mirror and was shocked to see the outline a person sitting in the back seat.
    It was a middle-aged woman and she just sat there, un-moving and silent.
    'I just knew Dandy, he said...somehow I just fekkin' knew she was a ghost.'
    Not long after, he came to a cross-roads and with remarkable courage and foresight Tim decided there was only one way to find out for certain if his passenger was an apparition, or just some chancer looking for a free lift.
    He drove at speed for a bridge over the local river, all the while keeping one eye on his passenger, and one on the narrow road.
    He crossed that bridge at high speed, and at the other side his 'passenger' had vanished.
    ' Ghosts...they don't cross water Dandy, he said, and I was lucky that bridge was nearby.'

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,067 ✭✭✭✭fryup

fiachr_a wrote: »
    Three older men each gave me verbal hassle/bullying when I was younger. All three had a son who then died in tragic accidents.

karma ?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,434 ✭✭✭northgirl

Earlier this year I was staying in a twin room of a renovated cottage in West Cork for the first of two nights. My wife was in the other twin across the attic room and our two kids across the landing in the far bedroom with the intervening doors slightly ajar in case they'd have nightmares.

In the near total darkness around 3am or so, I half-woke as I heard the sound of a little person trying not to make any noise as they walked into the room. I turned to see which of the little darlings it was and as my eyes accustomed to the darkness, I saw a child's outline defined in darker black against the features of the room I was beginning to make out. Even as the adrenalin started to go, the silhouette clasped my wrist and pushed my other shoulder down. I tried to yell but couldn't move a muscle and as I fought against the pressure, it evaporated. But there was no transition from sleep to consciousness, just from being pinned down to being able to move. And yell.

I've had sleep paralysis dreams like this before and know all the theory but what makes this occasion different is that every other time I've been able to laugh about it afterwards. This time, ehh, no. I could not relax - shivers down the spine continuously for around an hour afterwards. Something was definitely wrong in that place at that time. I don't believe in ghosts or haunted houses as such but I do believe it was extraneous and not imaginary.

And I wouldn't stay there again. In West Cork, I mean ;-).

Scary! Did you try to find anything out about the cottage and it's history?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 186 ✭✭iopener

About 2 years ago, myself and about 6 of my family were sitting in the kitchen having a cup of tea and a chat after dinner ,the door to the hall was closed as it was winter to keep the cold out . Out of nowhere we all heard the voice of my late grandmother saying "neddie" twice we all looked around at each other I jump up because I thought the sound had came from the hall but there was no one there .We all we're in shock because "neddie" was what my grandmother called my da , he said he didn't hear it but 6 of us did. I swear to god it was her voice. She must have been dead 7 or 8 years .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,342 ✭✭✭Bobby Baccala

This thread has been consistently scaring the bollocks out of me for years, the one about the talking cat a few pages back had me covered in goosebumps. Need to go read something happy now!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

I'm probably one of the few who does not believe a majority of the stories :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,406 ✭✭✭PirateShampoo

I don't know if this story is true, I've only had my late mum's word to go on, but it's a story she told me about myself when I was a young child.

Apparently when I was younger, say 3 or 4 I began to have these supposed nightmares of loud noises in my bed room and of a man playing the drums in my room waking me up and stopping me from sleeping.

According to her story this went on for weeks until she got fed up with me getting up in the night and not sleeping. So one night it comes to a head and once again I've come down stairs saying the same story of a man in my room.

She tells me to go back to bed and to tell the man to leave me alone. It's at that point I walk behind her, look up and proceed to tell the man "You've got to go now, my mum says you've got to leave me alone" which of course freaks out my mum. I never complained again after that night.

Turns out my Grandfather who died when my Mum was a Teenager (she found the body) used to play the drums in a band.

After being told that story it freaked me the f out. Would love to have known if it was true or was she winding me up like the time she told me to keep moving my jaw after the Rabbit bit me so I don't get Jaw Lock.

Sorry if poorly written, it's a harder story to try and type than it is to say out loud.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,161 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

Woke early this morning and hoped to go back to sleep for a few hours.

Wasn't the brightest idea reading this thread...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 394 ✭✭Brian from Bray

Not a bad thread some good stories but i sense that a lot of stories that happened years ago are most likely bull****.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 72 ✭✭Teflon Ron

Earlier this year I was staying in a twin room of a renovated cottage in West Cork for the first of two nights. My wife was in the other twin across the attic room and our two kids across the landing in the far bedroom with the intervening doors slightly ajar in case they'd have nightmares.

In the near total darkness around 3am or so, I half-woke as I heard the sound of a little person trying not to make any noise as they walked into the room. I turned to see which of the little darlings it was and as my eyes accustomed to the darkness, I saw a child's outline defined in darker black against the features of the room I was beginning to make out. Even as the adrenalin started to go, the silhouette clasped my wrist and pushed my other shoulder down. I tried to yell but couldn't move a muscle and as I fought against the pressure, it evaporated. But there was no transition from sleep to consciousness, just from being pinned down to being able to move. And yell.

I've had sleep paralysis dreams like this before and know all the theory but what makes this occasion different is that every other time I've been able to laugh about it afterwards. This time, ehh, no. I could not relax - shivers down the spine continuously for around an hour afterwards. Something was definitely wrong in that place at that time. I don't believe in ghosts or haunted houses as such but I do believe it was extraneous and not imaginary.

And I wouldn't stay there again. In West Cork, I mean ;-).

It does sound like sleep paralysis. I've had similar episodes in the past. Some terrifying ones. Scares me even thinking about it.
    I'm probably one of the few who does not believe a majority of the stories :)

Give yourself a pat on the back there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 255 ✭✭mattP

So its not that freaky, but when I woke up I was alone in the house which didn't help
    At the time I always kept the lock on my phone up to date changing it every week or so as my family didn't know I was gay. I also always put my phone face down when I sleep so the LED doesn't shine upwards and keep me awake.
    Anyways so I woke up one morning and my phone was face up, which was odd. I unlocked it and I was in a messenger conversation (about 3 weeks old) and it had scrolled back to the very start of it. I was a little creeped out so I opened up the "recent apps tab" to shut it down - and I saw basically all my other messaging type apps were open. Snapchat, messages, Facebook, viber, and kik. And each one was on an old some conversation scrolled back to the start :L My parents wouldn't even know how to wake the phone screen and my brother was in college at the time. I remember just looking around my room and wondering how the **** it happened. Later my friend asked me why I didn't reply to her snap last night, I told her what happened and she said I probably just did it in my sleep :P Even if I did do it myself I was still scared ****less :D

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭ticklebelly7

Going back to dandyelevan's story about lamping ...

My Ma's family were very poor growing up in rural west Wicklow - a huge family of them and little work during the 30s and 40s. To supplement the family income my uncle Matt would catch rabbits and sell them on to a dealer from the local town.

He was out one night with the lamps and the dogs, lurchers and terriers, good working animals who knew what they were doing. They'd got a few rabbits with no problems when, in the middle of a field, they rose a hare which Matt trapped in the beam of the lamp.

The dogs wouldn't go any nearer than ten or twenty yards from the hare, instead they circled round several times then came creeping back on their bellies with their hackles up, and cowered at Matt's legs. He tried to beat them back to the hare but they were having none of it.
    So Matt got the dogs and lamps and ran out of there like the hounds of Hell were after him...

The story of lamping reminds me of the time Larry Murphy was caught, allegedly by 2 men out hunting at night time who came across him when he had a plastic bag over the head of his victim and she was fighting for her life...

http://www.independent.ie/irish-news/rapists-methods-may-hold-key-to-missing-women-26447019.html

Now that's a story that gives me the creeps. I sometimes wonder how that woman has dealt with her ordeal and how close she may have come to death but for such a chance happening.

• Advertisement

Not a bad thread some good stories but i sense that a lot of stories that happened years ago are most likely bull****.

Time to bow out I guess - admittedly auld my stories are a bit dated .

But hey...it's been fun.

:cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,737 ✭✭✭Missymoohaa

Time to bow out I guess - admittedly auld my stories are a bit dated .

But hey...it's been fun.

:cool:

Dandy don't gooooo. I love your posts, don't mind the cynics, they're on every thread. :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,468 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

73Cat wrote: »
    IT is a Stephen King book about an evil clown....

Never knew Stephen King wrote a novel about Enda Kenny...

This happened to me when I was a wee lad... 8 years of age and my mum was in the maternity hospital.

Mom's sister was down looking after myself and my older sister for the while to help out. Being a Mayo woman raised in the shadows of Knock; she was the religious type.

So one evening she decided to take us down to the local church for an auld pray. It was February and evening time so it was dark. Remember the night as if it was yesterday. Crisp and not a cloud in the sky. So dark and clear that it seemed that the sky was alight with stars.

I was obsessed as a child about the night sky and could spend hours lying on my back just looking up. That night was no different really. They were inside the church while I was outside just looking up.

Now; I'm a practical guy and not easily prone to silliness, nonsense or make believe. Hence probably the reason that even at that age; I was the one outside the church and not inside kneeling in front of painted alabaster. However that night; I swear I saw a face in the stars. Not a rough approximation of a face; a proper defined face. And smiling too.

That image is as clear to me now as it ever was. Nearly 30 years later. I stared at it for ages.

Obviously after a while I ran inside to get them out to have a look but of course it wasn't there when we came back out.

I must also add; I was never creeped out or unnerved. I remember being really really happy. So maybe not the right thread.

Anyway; that night our little sister was born.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,832 ✭✭✭heldel00

Dandy don't gooooo. I love your posts, don't mind the cynics, they're on every thread. :(

Exactly. Don't mind the begrudgers. What is taking them in to this thread if they just gonna sneer at stories.

• Registered Users Posts: 48 fuzzypickle

Unfortunately no really scary stories which I can remember right now.

I had an awful vivid nightmare once where I was being strangled by some scary, grey woman. You know those dreams where you can feel it? I woke up suddenly and for about 2 seconds I could still see her in front of me with her hands round my neck before it just faded and my brain was properly awake again.

Kids toys turning on by themselves at night. Especially when the batteries are dying and they start sounding demonic...and then you can't find them. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,434 ✭✭✭northgirl

Unfortunately no really scary stories which I can remember right now.

I had an awful vivid nightmare once where I was being strangled by some scary, grey woman. You know those dreams where you can feel it? I woke up suddenly and for about 2 seconds I could still see her in front of me with her hands round my neck before it just faded and my brain was properly awake again.

Kids toys turning on by themselves at night. Especially when the batteries are dying and they start sounding demonic...and then you can't find them. :D

We had a battery operated "Tickle Me Elmo" that laughed maniacally when you squeezed it's belly. It started going off by itself in the middle of the night slightly freaky!! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,079 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

Have had a few bouts of Deja Vu, but I know the reasoning and thinking behind that. One vivid one was a Champions League game a few years ago When Puyol scored against AC Milan. That was my first encounter I think.

The only unnerving thing I can think of is one night I had a dream where I was trapped under water under a layer of ice. I tried as much as I could to break the ice to get my head over the water as I was running out of breath. I couldn't break it at all, so with one last attempt, I gave all my energy and decided to go head first and attempt to break the ice with my head and get to the air.

I woke up bolt upright as if I had just broke through the ice and was desperately out of breath.

Was never able to explain that one to myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭Titanucd

FitzShane wrote: »
    Have had a few bouts of Deja Vu, but I know the reasoning and thinking behind that. One vivid one was a Champions League game a few years ago When Puyol scored against AC Milan. That was my first encounter I think.

The only unnerving thing I can think of is one night I had a dream where I was trapped under water under a layer of ice. I tried as much as I could to break the ice to get my head over the water as I was running out of breath. I couldn't break it at all, so with one last attempt, I gave all my energy and decided to go head first and attempt to break the ice with my head and get to the air.

I woke up bolt upright as if I had just broke through the ice and was desperately out of breath.

Was never able to explain that one to myself.

Yeah those dreams are freaky as hell. I've had similar and looked it up online.

According to the internet those dreams can be caused by something as simple as having your head under the covers and then finding it hard to breathe!
    Your brain tries to get you to wake up to stop you suffocating under the covers and concocts the dream of having to break through ice to get you to physically come out from under the covers!

So you breaking through the ice is actually you getting your head out from under the covers.

Similarly if you find it hard to run in a dream its because your legs are restricted by the bed clothes! Freaky!

• Registered Users Posts: 446 ✭✭Ande1975

The story of lamping reminds me of the time Larry Murphy was caught, allegedly by 2 men out hunting at night time who came across him when he had a plastic bag over the head of his victim and she was fighting for her life...

http://www.independent.ie/irish-news/rapists-methods-may-hold-key-to-missing-women-26447019.html

Now that's a story that gives me the creeps. I sometimes wonder how that woman has dealt with her ordeal and how close she may have come to death but for such a chance happening.

Very bravely by all accounts. She got the motherload of therapy, got on with her life and invited the two hunters who saved her to her wedding.
    Its an incident that continues to shock no matter how many times you hear/read it.

• Advertisement

Ande1975 wrote: »
    Very bravely by all accounts. She got the motherload of therapy, got on with her life and invited the two hunters who saved her to her wedding.
    Its an incident that continues to shock no matter how many times you hear/read it.

Incredible to think that our justice system is so that he is now once again a free man.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,466 ✭✭✭blinding

lawred2 wrote: »
    Incredible to think that our justice system is so that he is now once again a free man.
    You would kinda of think that he did enough there to be kept in a very safe place for the rest of his life:confused:

blinding wrote: »
    You would kinda of think that he did enough there to be kept in a very safe place for the rest of his life:confused:

well it would certainly have you questioning what it is that you would need to do to end up put away for life..

first thing we need getting rid of is this concurrent sentencing for serious crimes like his

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,310 ✭✭✭✭Dodge

This isn't the topic for that discussion IMO

Keep it lighthearted and fun

northgirl wrote: »
    would love to hear more about the area and stories - sounds intriguing :)

Strangely, those ghostly 'Funerals' were never thought of by those who witnessed them as a portent of bad stuff to come, like a death in their family, coming disaster, etc. So...the purpose of these 'processions' remain unknown.

As far as I remember from my miss-spent east Limerick youth, the cry of the Banshee 'followed' certain families, whereas others 'saw stuff' before the death of a relative.

For example: The Ryan clan - being followed a huge mastiff, or by 'a large round light.' This would not be a normal light source, as it would emit no illumination onto the road, field, etc, but just 'hung' there, moving only to follow the witness, or to back off if anyone was brave enough to stop and approach it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

For example: The Ryan clan - being followed a huge mastiff, or by 'a large round light.' This would not be a normal light source, as it would emit no illumination onto the road, field, etc, but just 'hung' there, moving only to follow the witness, or to back off if anyone was brave enough to stop and approach it.

Sounds a lot like Venus. :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭mud

Strangely, those ghostly 'Funerals' were never thought of by those who witnessed them as a portent of bad stuff to come, like a death in their family, coming disaster, etc. So...the purpose of these 'processions' remain unknown.

As far as I remember from my miss-spent east Limerick youth, the cry of the Banshee 'followed' certain families, whereas others 'saw stuff' before the death of a relative.

My neighbour's family gets a spectral knock on the door when one of the family dies. It's not the next of kin but next in age. A man died recently and his sister up the country answered a knock to her door at the time he died but of course there was nobody there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,416 ✭✭✭Dave_The_Sheep

When I was in college, two things coincided.

- I lived with my girlfriend, but we rented seperate rooms. I was upstairs, she had a room downstairs.

- I used to suffer from fairly regular sleep paralysis.

I suspect you can see already where this is going.

I woke up one night, it was dark, and I couldn't move. Yep, sleep paralysis. One of the fairly common effects of sleep paralysis is a feeling of dread, of helplessness and often you think there's someone threatening you, someone at the end of your bed, etc. When you can't move, it's pretty bloody horrible - terrifying sometimes. I had this that night and I clicked back fully awake half way through ... to find that yes, there actually was someone in my room.

I lost my ****. I was roaring the house down screaming at someone to find out what the **** they were doing in my room, to get the **** out and I was going to kill them. Of course, as you saw coming a mile away, it was my girlfriend coming upstairs in the middle of the night. She also freaked the **** out. I woke pretty much everyone in the house up, on top of nearly boxing the head off my other half.

That was pretty ****ing unnerving.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Haunted Angel

Ok so have finally managed to read the entire thread and I love it!
    I've had a few experiences over the years but I’ll start with a couple from my childhood.

It was the middle of the day and I was about 5/6 years old sitting with my younger sister in the back seat of my Father’s car. He had parked in a car park and left us there for about for about 15mins while he nipped into the shop. (Obviously this was back in the day when no one would bat an eyelid and there were no screams of child neglect like there would be nowadays!!) Anyways he was only gone about 5mins when a woman in her late 50s/60s came up to the car and started to knock the window at us and gesturing at us to open the car door (thank God my dad had locked us in) I just looked at her stunned and didn't dare move except to shake my head at her but she kept on at it for another few mins before finally giving up and tutting to herself before walking away. Told my dad when he got back but no fuss was ever made of it!

When I was 7 I woke up during the night to see a dark figure of a thin man sitting on the edge of my bed with his legs crossed, hands resting on his lap. He wore suit and a hat like what they would've wore in the Hollywood films of 20s/30s. It was dark but I had a little night light on but I couldn't see his face it looked blank to me but I could tell he was staring at me weird as it sounds. It must have finally registered with me what was happening then because I began screaming and crying for my mammy and in she races to the bedroom and switches on the main light asking “what’s wrong?” but the man just vanished! I dunno if it was a ghost or what but I’m certain it wasn't a dream I was wide awake and I can still picture it to this day, never saw him again thank god!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5 Haunted Angel

Ok so have finally managed to read the entire thread and I love it!
    I've had a few experiences over the years but I’ll start with a couple from my childhood.

It was the middle of the day and I was about 5/6 years old sitting with my younger sister in the back seat of my Father’s car. He had parked in a car park and left us there for about for about 15mins while he nipped into the shop. (Obviously this was back in the day when no one would bat an eyelid and there were no screams of child neglect like there would be nowadays!!) Anyways he was only gone about 5mins when a woman in her late 50s/60s came up to the car and started to knock the window at us and gesturing at us to open the car door (thank God my dad had locked us in) I just looked at her stunned and didn't dare move except to shake my head at her but she kept on at it for another few mins before finally giving up and tutting to herself before walking away. Told my dad when he got back but no fuss was ever made of it!

When I was 7 I woke up during the night to see a dark figure of a thin man sitting on the edge of my bed with his legs crossed, hands resting on his lap. He wore a suit and a hat like what they would've worn in the 20s/30s Hollywood films. It was dark but I had a little night light on but I couldn't see his face it looked blank to me but I could tell he was staring at me weird as it sounds. It must have finally registered with me what was happening then because I began screaming and crying for my mammy and in she races to the bedroom and switches on the main light asking “what’s wrong?” but the man just vanished! I dunno if it was a ghost or what but I’m certain it wasn't a dream I was wide awake and I can still picture it to this day, never saw him again thank god!

Advertisement