Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Has anything genuinely creepy or unnerving ever happened to you?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,067 ✭✭✭✭fryup

It was the middle of the day and I was about 5/6 years old sitting with my younger sister in the back seat of my Father’s car. He had parked in a car park and left us there for about for about 15mins while he nipped into the shop. (Obviously this was back in the day when no one would bat an eyelid and there were no screams of child neglect like there would be nowadays!!) Anyways he was only gone about 5mins when a woman in her late 50s/60s came up to the car and started to knock the window at us and gesturing at us to open the car door (thank God my dad had locked us in) I just looked at her stunned and didn't dare move except to shake my head at her but she kept on at it for another few mins before finally giving up and tutting to herself before walking away. Told my dad when he got back but no fuss was ever made of it!

probably just a concerned citizen (people are very cynical minded these days)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,245 ✭✭✭check_six

fryup wrote: »
    probably just a concerned citizen (people are very cynical minded these days)

Yeah, a "concerned citizen" with blue spit, a wig, square toe-less feet, and gloves to hide her claws!

We all know the signs!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭DareGod

When I was in college, two things coincided.

- I lived with my girlfriend, but we rented seperate rooms. I was upstairs, she had a room downstairs.

- I used to suffer from fairly regular sleep paralysis.

I suspect you can see already where this is going.

I woke up one night, it was dark, and I couldn't move. Yep, sleep paralysis. One of the fairly common effects of sleep paralysis is a feeling of dread, of helplessness and often you think there's someone threatening you, someone at the end of your bed, etc. When you can't move, it's pretty bloody horrible - terrifying sometimes. I had this that night and I clicked back fully awake half way through ... to find that yes, there actually was someone in my room.

I lost my ****. I was roaring the house down screaming at someone to find out what the **** they were doing in my room, to get the **** out and I was going to kill them. Of course, as you saw coming a mile away, it was my girlfriend coming upstairs in the middle of the night. She also freaked the **** out. I woke pretty much everyone in the house up, on top of nearly boxing the head off my other half.

That was pretty ****ing unnerving.

The only thing that would be more frightening than that feeling of an evil presence nearby during sleep paralysis would be snapping out of it to discover there was an actual presence in the room. I would have screamed the house down too!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 880 ✭✭✭Arbie

In February 1981 my parents were a few weeks married and had just moved into their newly built bungalow in the middle of nowhere. They had both grown up in cities so the countryside was totally alien to them. No streetlights, very few cars, and the nearest neighbour was a field away.

One night my Mum is waiting for Dad to get home and is in the living room alone listening to Smokie on the record player, dancing around in her night dress. All of a sudden the house goes pitch black and the record player makes that creepy distorted sloooooow mooooootion drawl as it stops spinning. Mum is feeling nervous on her own but reassures herself that it's just a power cut... until she looks out the window at the neighbours across the field and sees lights on. She therefore comes to the only possible rational conclusion: a crazed axe murderer has cut the power lines and will be in to kill her any minute now.

With that, she begins to shriek, flings open the front door and takes off across the field in her night dress and slippers. She makes it to the neighbouring cottage and bangs frantically on the door until an anxious old couple and their son answer.

As soon as the door opens she spots oil lamps and no sign of electricity; ergo, no serial killer. Despite the fact that this half-dressed, rainsoaked banshee that they've never met before almost batters down their door in the middle of a dark winter night, the neighbours welcome her in and the old man waits out on the road to flag down my Dad as he passes in case he gets home to find the front door wide open and presumes my mother has been kidnapped. (My parents have active imaginations.) The old couple are long dead but we sometimes meet the son around town and my parents always look mortified, 34 years later!

• Registered Users Posts: 346 ✭✭antonymin

dr gonzo wrote: »
    I was browsing Reddit and came across a thread like this that had some interesting stories. Obviously, as this is After Hours, and not Paranormal, they dont have be ghost infested stories but I'm sure many boardsies have interesting stories of their own? (or this thread will be buried in half an hour...)

Bit of a cop-out but until I can think of some of my own I've included some from the Reddit page. Obviously it goes without saying that they may be entirely untrue, but good reads nonetheless.
    I have never had a paranormal experience in my entire life. I am happy with it being that way. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 346 ✭✭antonymin

My late wife experienced people standing beside the bed smiling at her. They were benign and friendly but they freaked her out and she woke me up when she screamed "Go away, leave me alone." It turned out to be a known side effect of the medication she was on. Food for thought don't you think?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭sbsquarepants

Over the years I've taken a lot of psychedelics, lsd & psylocybin in particular. I've seen some whacky stuff to say the least, but i'm always left with the thought that "reality" is purely perception, or at least our experience of it is. If the chemical in lsd was in water for example our experience of reality would be radically different than it is.
    For example if I take acid and see my furniture breathing, how do I know if the acid is causing the effect or removing whatever was stopping me see it in the first place?
    In your wifes case, did she see something that wasn't there or was her blindfold lifted? Food for thought!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 880 ✭✭✭Arbie

We went on a trip to Germany in secondary school and stayed in a hostel on the side of a mountain. It was very isolated and we were the only guests at the time, so it was quiet. The hostel had 2 buildings: the teachers and most students were staying in the north building, facing the road, while 9 of us were sharing 3 rooms in the south building, facing down the mountain. 2 rooms had glass sliding patio doors in the bedrooms which opened directly out onto grass and a steep slope. We were all 13-14 so we loved the independence, staying up late, looking out over the lights of the village in the valley below and of course a few rebels enjoyed sneaky smokes.

One night around 11 pm one of the lads comes running in, shuts the glass door and tells us to be quiet. We roll our eyes as he's a messer but we soon realise he's pale and shaking so we shut up. He locks the door and turns off the lights and just stares out into the dark. We have no idea what he's upto but as our eyes adjust to the darkness we can make out a shape moving up the slope, slow and erratic. It could be a person but it's hard to make out. Suddenly we spot a second figure and as they come nearer we see they are big, angry-looking men.

Next thing we hear ear-piercing screams from the girls in the room next door. We are freaking out now and tumble out the door to save the girls who we can only surmise are being strangled by these shadow men. Thankfully they are all alive but there is a fellow furiously attempting to break their door open, screaming blue murder.

Adrenaline takes over and we run around making sure all the doors are locked before barricading ourselves in the one room with no glass door. We can still hear the men cursing and trying to break in. The teachers are in the other building and there's no landline so we are stuck. Thankfully one of the lads has his Dad's eircell brickphone (Mammy insisted he bring it "just in case of emergency" - thanks Mammy) so he rings home and gets his parents to ring the teachers - imagine the drama!

Eventually the teachers and hostel staff arrive. We are all safe but by that time the creeps have fecked off. The hostel staff said it was probably lost tourists but they acted like they didn't really believe our story. The teachers were annoyed that we'd made them look bad to our parents. We didn't care what they thought as we were moved to a dorm in the other building and no one was strangled.

My aunt was asleep one night when she woke up to find her dad sitting beside her. Only thing is that he had been dead almost 20 years by that point. At the time my granny, who was in her 80s, was incredibly ill and coming towards the end of her time. He said (paraphrasing), "your mother doesn't have much time left, take care of her and be with her", to which my aunt replied that she would, and fell back to sleep.

She said it felt very natural, wasn't scared or creeped out by the experience, and found it unbelievably comforting. My granny died maybe a week or more later.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,796 ✭✭✭sweetie

Arbie wrote: »
    In February 1981 my parents were a few weeks married .....One night my Mum is waiting for Dad to get home and is in the living room alone listening to Smokie on the record player, dancing around in her night dress. All of a sudden the house goes pitch black and the record player makes that creepy distorted sloooooow mooooootion drawl as it stops spinning. Mum is feeling nervous on her own but reassures herself that it's just a power cut... ...we sometimes meet the son around town and my parents always look mortified, 34 years later!

yeah, I'd be mortified too if I'd bought a Smokie LP!
    My aunt was asleep one night when she woke up to find her dad sitting beside her. Only thing is that he had been dead almost 20 years by that point. At the time my granny, who was in her 80s, was incredibly ill and coming towards the end of her time. He said (paraphrasing), "your mother doesn't have much time left, take care of her and be with her", to which my aunt replied that she would, and fell back to sleep.

She said it felt very natural, wasn't scared or creeped out by the experience, and found it unbelievably comforting. My granny died maybe a week or more later.

You don't think it was just a dream and a way for her subconcious helping her deal with her mother's impending death?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭Flippyfloppy

For example if I take acid and see my furniture breathing, how do I know if the acid is causing the effect or removing whatever was stopping me see it in the first place?

Because then everyone who takes acid would see the exact same things

• Closed Accounts Posts: 694 ✭✭✭Tragamin2k2

Because then everyone who takes acid would see the exact same things
    my red is not your red ;)

@sbsquarepants look into Huxleys "The doors of perception"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 754 ✭✭✭mynameis905

Over the years I've taken a lot of psychedelics, lsd & psylocybin in particular. I've seen some whacky stuff to say the least, but i'm always left with the thought that "reality" is purely perception, or at least our experience of it is. If the chemical in lsd was in water for example our experience of reality would be radically different than it is.
    In your wifes case, did she see something that wasn't there or was her blindfold lifted? Food for thought!

You could try basic biology for starters. Dead stuff doesn't breathe.

• Registered Users Posts: 308 ✭✭beefjerky

Neither do ants...

sweetie wrote: »
    yeah, I'd be mortified too if I'd bought a Smokie LP!

You don't think it was just a dream and a way for her subconcious helping her deal with her mother's impending death?

Very unlikely, considering my aunt. We have a pretty long history with ghostly things happening in my family.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,776 ✭✭✭This Fat Girl Runs

Ok, I have a creepy story from when I was a teenager, 16 years old. Small town Canada in the early 90's, the kind of place where we as kids could run in and out of friend's houses, leave our bikes any old where and have them be there when we get back. A safe town. You know?

I was walking to a friend's house when this old guy pulled up beside me in a white pick up truck, leaned over his open window and asked me did I want a ride because 'we could have some fun'. I'll never forget those words or the old guy and his missing teeth. I remember he wore a baseball cap too.

CREEP.Y

I said no and took off running to my friend's house, told her mom who then took me out in her car to look for the truck. When I spotted it, she made a big show of getting out of the car and writing down the license plate. The truck peeled out of there and I never saw it again.

Still creeps me out to this day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,174 ✭✭✭RhubarbCrumble

When I was about 19 or 20, I was still living at home with my parents. One night, I woke up and I could feel someone in the room. Not physically put out a hand and touch them, but more feel a presence. However I wasn't the slightest bit scared. I just felt very very calm and I knew that whoever it was, they were there to mind me and look after me.
    I fell back asleep and that night had a very vivid dream about my great grandfather. To this day I'm convinced that it was him. I'm not religious, but I just believed that he is my guardian angel/spirit guide, whatever you like to call it yourself.

I have a couple of photos of him (he died in the 1930's) and have one on the windowsill in the kitchen. I've been going through a rough time lately and was in the kitchen one day recently, just upset and emotional etc and started crying. I looked at his photo and asked him if he was around and he was looking after me, could he give me some sort of sign and let me know. A minute later the oven started switching itself on and off and the light in it kept flashing. I was at the other end of the kitchen and on my own in the house at the time.

Also my aunt (who I was very close to) died when I was 19. She was never in the house that I live in now, but I came home one day and as I let myself in, I was hit with an overwhelming smell of Rive Gauche perfume. My aunt is the only lady I know who ever wore it. This happened about 4 or 5 years ago and I firmly believe that she was there visiting me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,174 ✭✭✭RhubarbCrumble

When I was about 19 or 20, I was still living at home with my parents. One night, I woke up and I could feel someone in the room. Not physically put out a hand and touch them, but more feel a presence. However I wasn't the slightest bit scared. I just felt very very calm and I knew that whoever it was, they were there to mind me and look after me.
    I fell back asleep and that night had a very vivid dream about my great grandfather. To this day I'm convinced that it was him. I'm not religious, but I just believed that he is my guardian angel/spirit guide, whatever you like to call it yourself.

I have a couple of photos of him (he died in the 1930's) and have one on the windowsill in the kitchen. I've been going through a rough time lately and was in the kitchen one day recently, just upset and emotional etc and started crying. I looked at his photo and asked him if he was around and he was looking after me, could he give me some sort of sign and let me know. A minute later the oven started switching itself on and off and the light in it kept flashing. I was at the other end of the kitchen and on my own in the house at the time.

Also my aunt (who I was very close to) died when I was 19. She was never in the house that I live in now, but I came home one day and as I let myself in, I was hit with an overwhelming smell of Rive Gauche perfume. My aunt is the only lady I know who ever wore it. This happened about 4 or 5 years ago and I firmly believe that she was there visiting me.

• Registered Users Posts: 350 ✭✭XplaygirlX

I'm lying in bed her at 10 to 5 in the morning reading all these creepy stories. The one that will stay with me is loftus hall. I was there last year and to this day it still freaks me out especially the tapastry room. My OH still has nightmares about it. No joke. :(:(

😦

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭Blingy

I'm lying in bed her at 10 to 5 in the morning reading all these creepy stories. The one that will stay with me is loftus hall. I was there last year and to this day it still freaks me out especially the tapastry room. My OH still has nightmares about it. No joke. :(:(

😦

Must say I'd love to go to loftus hall....id say the Halloween night event would be great.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 583 ✭✭✭rorrissey

So my friend just told me this story about a girl she knows, and my first instinct was to post it in here, because it's fairly creepy, although I think it's absolute BS.

A group of friends went interrailing during the summer, and their last stop was Belgium. So on their final night, they went to a nightclub and met this lad. One of the girls was chatting away to him and shifting him all night long. At the end of the night, he asked her if she wanted to go back to his, but she decided against it because she didn't want to leave her group of friends and she had a flight to catch the next day. He said that was grand, whatever, but he gave her his address and told her that if she changed her mind that she could call over later that night.

A few days later, she was at home and she broke out in this horrible rash on her face. The doctor didn't have a clue what it was so he took a blood test. Two weeks later, she was back in to get her results and there were two gardaí waiting for her in there. It turned out that the rash or infection, whatever, she contracted could have only come from having contact with a dead body. So obviously they questioned her, and she told them about the guy, gave them the address of his house, and they passed it onto the Belgian police. When they checked out the address, they found 3 dead bodies hanging inside this fella's house.

If she had gone back with him that night she would've been dead.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,241 ✭✭✭✭Kovu

^^^ Urban legend, see the second last story here- http://www.snopes.com/risque/juvenile/corpse.asp

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,465 ✭✭✭✭cantdecide

Sometimes I dream that friends or family members that have died are still alive and we're hanging out or talking or something. I'm sure it would bum a lot of people out but I always wake with a wonderful sense of closeness to them again like they're still with us. Your post reminded me of this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,681 ✭✭✭ColeTrain

rorrissey wrote: »
    So my friend just told me this story about a girl she knows, and my first instinct was to post it in here, because it's fairly creepy, although I think it's absolute BS.

A group of friends went interrailing during the summer, and their last stop was Belgium. So on their final night, they went to a nightclub and met this lad. One of the girls was chatting away to him and shifting him all night long. At the end of the night, he asked her if she wanted to go back to his, but she decided against it because she didn't want to leave her group of friends and she had a flight to catch the next day. He said that was grand, whatever, but he gave her his address and told her that if she changed her mind that she could call over later that night.

A few days later, she was at home and she broke out in this horrible rash on her face. The doctor didn't have a clue what it was so he took a blood test. Two weeks later, she was back in to get her results and there were two gardaí waiting for her in there. It turned out that the rash or infection, whatever, she contracted could have only come from having contact with a dead body. So obviously they questioned her, and she told them about the guy, gave them the address of his house, and they passed it onto the Belgian police. When they checked out the address, they found 3 dead bodies hanging inside this fella's house.

If she had gone back with him that night she would've been dead.

Two Gardai waiting inside a doctor's clinic over a blood test? Sure they'd take 3 days to call out to your house if there was a murder :D

File under 'urban legend', heard that one years ago.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭IvyTheTerrible

cantdecide wrote: »
    Sometimes I dream that friends or family members that have died are still alive and we're hanging out or talking or something. I'm sure it would bum a lot of people out but I always wake with a wonderful sense of closeness to them again like they're still with us. Your post reminded me of this.

About 3 months after my brother died, I had a dream like that, it was very ordinary, we were just chatting but when I woke up I felt happy. I'd never file that under creepy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭sbsquarepants

You could also try basic physics & chemistry while you're learning your basics. Dead "stuff" is made from the very same "stuff" as living "stuff"
    In fact "stuff" in general is made of almost entirely empty space, the proportion of actual "stuff" in the "stuff" you see and touch (another misnomer btw, you've never actually touched anything) is surprisingly small, amazingly so in fact.
    Whatever the true nature of reality is - it is certainly not what your senses perceive, you can be 100% sure of that. You shouldn't be so dismissive:mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,591 ✭✭✭Iseedeadpixels

Seen this on reddit

https://en.reddit.com/r/TheChills/comments/3phc93/craigslist_got_me_arrested_update_audio_link/

Follow the 1st text link then the 2nd, guy is claiming its real.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

Seen this on reddit

https://en.reddit.com/r/TheChills/comments/3phc93/craigslist_got_me_arrested_update_audio_link/

Follow the 1st text link then the 2nd, guy is claiming its real.

That's a totally different story. Enjoyable read though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,591 ✭✭✭Iseedeadpixels

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 694 ✭✭✭Tragamin2k2

You could also try basic physics & chemistry while you're learning your basics. Dead "stuff" is made from the very same "stuff" as living "stuff"
    In fact "stuff" in general is made of almost entirely empty space, the proportion of actual "stuff" in the "stuff" you see and touch (another misnomer btw, you've never actually touched anything) is surprisingly small, amazingly so in fact.
    Whatever the true nature of reality is - it is certainly not what your senses perceive, you can be 100% sure of that. You shouldn't be so dismissive:mad:

but hes a scienceman! he said couches are dead!

• Registered Users Posts: 48 Jbubs

Love this thread. A few strange things have happened while I have been reading this thread actually :)
    I started reading it a few months ago but the boyfriend asked me to stop as I was getting obsessed with it ha so I stopped. So a month or so later I seen that there was a new post on the homepage so I started reading it again. Later that day I went to the shops for a few bits - had my 9 month old in his buggy and the song that had been played at my dads funeral came on - not a very popular song. Went home and put the baby in his highchair in the dining room while I heated up his dinner in the kitchen. While I was in the kitchen I was txting boyfriend telling him that the song had come on in the shops and I heard a banging noise. I thought it was the baby kicking the tray of his highchair but when I went into the dining room I seen that I had forgotten to put the tray on his highchair (he was strapped in though) I snooped around and seen that the picture of my dad with his memorial card had fallen over - this is what the noise was. I'm very sure that the picture was not already down as it's beside our fish tank so I see it every morning. Like to think it was dad telling me that I had forgotten to put the highchair tray on.

Another thing happened today. I get the bus into work but rarely the same bus daily as I go in at different time depending on who is looking after my son that day (mother/mother in law/crèche) So I noticed a girl on the bus this morning - she was standing in front of me and I noticed how nice her hair was done and she was wearing a skirt with a distinctive pair of runners and she had a small suitcase with her. I didn't notice where she got off the bus. Anyway I work in the IFSC and I had a lunch time appointment to get my nails done in a salon on Amien street. So was sitting at the window chatting about the usual stuff and looked across the road and I seen the girl from the bus across the main road near the luas stop at Connelly station.
    Small world

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,778 ✭✭✭up for anything

Now I have the heebie-jeebies. I woke up an hour ago and went out and locked the shed and then the front and back doors of the house. Looked at this thread and read the Craigs list stories. Just went to the window because the rain sounded quite loud, pulled back the curtains a bit and it was pitch black out there. The street lights have gone out. I've never see it as dark as that out there in the six years of living here. Every Criminal Minds, CSI or Bones episode that I've ever seen is flashing through my head. I want my Mummy. :(:(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,639 ✭✭✭Gloomtastic!

This is creepy.....

Everytime I've logged into MyThreads today, this thread has been active. Click on it yet no new posts since yesterday. All other threads are fine.

WTF?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭Shannon757

This is creepy.....

Everytime I've logged into MyThreads today, this thread has been active. Click on it yet no new posts since yesterday. All other threads are fine.

WTF?

Boards is fcuked

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,639 ✭✭✭Gloomtastic!

Shannon757 wrote: »
    Boards is fcuked

Again?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭Shannon757

Again?

For me anyway:mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,644 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

wooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

HALLLLLLLLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOWWWWEEEEEEEENNNNNNNNNNNNNNN

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭mud

Last weekend at 2.30am I heard footsteps around my house. I lay there totally tense cos there's been a spate of burglaries around here. I could hear voices and suddenly the room lit up, they were shining a flash-light in the window! This continued on and off for about a minute. I could hear at least 3 voices talking about my house and from what I could hear they were shining the light into my car because I heard them talking about items that were on the seat. Next thing my phone rang. A nephew of someone I haven't spoken to in years. It clicked that that's who was outside and they were probably looking for a lift somewhere. I was so shaken and furious that I just waited for them to leave. I phoned the guy a couple of days later and ate him without salt for terrifying me at that hour of the morning. He had been so hammered he didn't even remember and was denying it until I told him to check his phone log. Sure enough there were the calls. What a prick!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,182 ✭✭✭RonanP77

I'm at a wedding tonight and there's a man here I worked with about 15 years ago. I've seen him at a few different tables and a few times on the dance floor. He keeps looking at me but I don't want to speak to him, I'm a little embarrassed because I didn't go to his funeral.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,281 ✭✭✭Valentina

RonanP77 wrote: »
    I'm at a wedding tonight and there's a man here I worked with about 15 years ago. I've seen him at a few different tables and a few times on the dance floor. He keeps looking at me but I don't want to speak to him, I'm a little embarrassed because I didn't go to his funeral.

Where's the wedding on?

• Advertisement

Valentina wrote:
    Where's the wedding on?

Kildare.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,281 ✭✭✭Valentina

Kildare.

Oh.

Nevermind.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 261 ✭✭carefulnowted

Wait...what? Am I missing something? :o

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 12,340 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

Wait...what? Am I missing something? :o

He's a fella who died but Ronan saw him several times at this wedding.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,986 ✭✭✭philstar

^^^^^^

but how can he see him if he's dead ??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,241 ✭✭✭✭Kovu

philstar wrote: »
    ^^^^^^

but how can he see him if he's dead ??

Have you read the thread title?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,986 ✭✭✭philstar

^^^^^^^

yes i know, but its a bit far-fetched now isn't it

philstar wrote:
    yes i know, but its a bit far-fetched now isn't it

It was obviously a relation of his, looked freskishly similar and he kept looking at me as if he knew me.

• Registered Users Posts: 669 ✭✭✭josephryan1989

I read quite a bit about Steve McQueen who was a Marine, worked on tramp steamers, a drifter, a getaway driver and a pimp and a jailbird before he became an actor and made the big time. He was rebellious but he didn't think much of flower children and hippies although he did smoke dope. Then when the civil rights movement became mainstream and the young turned against the Vietnam War he embraced the counter culture and he used to go out in the California desert to take mescaline and he hung with hippies and got free love from girls. Anyway he claimed to a biographer that he once came across some weird girls around a campfire in the desert and spent the night with them before going back to Hollywood. He and his friend who was a hairdresser and the actor Warren Beatty were supposed to turn up at Sharon Tate's house for a party held that night when the Manson Family attacked and killed her. His hairdresser friend was there and was one of the victims. He and Beatty didn't go. When he saw the Manson girls on TV he was convinced he met them that night in the desert. He started sleeping with a .44 Magnum under his pillow!

• Registered Users Posts: 669 ✭✭✭josephryan1989

I heard a story about a local man who worked as a laborer for a rich farming family.
    Anyway he came across the son of his employer hanging dead in the cowshed.
    He went inside and the dinner was made for him and because he had been working out in the cold he decided to eat the dinner first and then tell the woman of the house that her son was hanging in the cow shed.

• Advertisement
Advertisement