Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Monitor question

Options
  • 13-12-2012 10:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭

So I got a new PC and when I hooked it up to my monitor Samsung S20A300N which is 1600x900) the resolution was 800x600. When I go into control panel to change the resolution I only have these options: 800x600, 1024x768 and 1152x864 . Any ideas on how ot get it to 1600x900 ?

Thanks,

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7 PrintedCanvas

that really depends on your graphics card. check to see if it supports 1600x900? there are also various color bit depth, depending on the graphics card the maximum supported resolution depends on the chosen bit depth.

also, what sort of connector have you used? and i'm assuming you are using the latest drivers?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7 PrintedCanvas

that depends on your graphics card. maybe it doesn't support that resolution? there is also a thing called color bit depth, that also affects the maximum resolution (depending on the card, but generally the higher the bith depth the lower the supported resolution). refresh rate would be another thing, maybe the card cannot do 1600x900 at 59hz?

anyways, you need to check the graphics card capabilities t make sure it supports 1600x900. you may also check the cable you're using, but it's unlikely it's causing the problem. also are all the drivers installed? latest version?

• Registered Users Posts: 980 ✭✭✭Freddy Smelly

Andyb41 wrote: »
    So I got a new PC and when I hooked it up to my monitor Samsung S20A300N which is 1600x900) the resolution was 800x600. When I go into control panel to change the resolution I only have these options: 800x600, 1024x768 and 1152x864 . Any ideas on how ot get it to 1600x900 ?

Thanks,

update the graphics card drivers... it seems like your using the windows default drivers rather than the gcard manufacturer's drivers.

if using an nvidia card go to http://www.nvidia.co.uk/Download/index.aspx?lang=en-uk

if using an ati/amd gcard go to http://www.amd.com

Advertisement