Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bluetooth gone. What to do?

Options
  • 13-12-2012 11:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,534 ✭✭✭

Hi. Having a problem with my Fujitsu lifebook A series laptop. Went to send a bluetooth file and the shortcut is gone and I don't know where it is or how to get it back.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,731 ✭✭✭GreenWolfe

Is there a bluetooth icon in Control Panel or in the system tray? See if you can access it there.

If it's gone completely, look up your laptop model on the Fujitsu support site then download and install the bluetooth drivers from there.

http://www.fmworld.net/globalpc/download/

• Registered Users Posts: 7,534 ✭✭✭KKkitty

Is there a bluetooth icon in Control Panel or in the system tray? See if you can access it there.

If it's gone completely, look up your laptop model on the Fujitsu support site then download and install the bluetooth drivers from there.

http://www.fmworld.net/globalpc/download/
    Where would I find the system tray? Can't seem to find anything in relation to it on the laptop? I am not technologically advanced at all when it comes to stuff like this.

KKkitty wrote: »
    Where would I find the system tray? Can't seem to find anything in relation to it on the laptop? I am not technologically advanced at all when it comes to stuff like this.

Look at the clock in the Windows taskbar. Near the clock, there should either be a row of icons or an arrow. Click the arrow to reveal any hidden icons. It should look something like this:

Bluetooth-taskbar-icon-PAN.gif

or this:

5367.Win7_5F00_Taskbar_5F00_BT.png

That's where it was but it's disappeared altogether. I don't understand it at all.

KKkitty wrote: »
    That's where it was but it's disappeared altogether. I don't understand it at all.

Check in Device Manager to see whether your device has drivers installed.

Go into Run (Windows key + R), paste the following and click OK.
    %WINDIR%\System32\devmgmt.msc

If the drivers are installed, it will be in a section of it's own.

• Advertisement

Check in Device Manager to see whether your device has drivers installed.

Go into Run (Windows key + R), paste the following and click OK.
    %WINDIR%\System32\devmgmt.msc

If the drivers are installed, it will be in a section of it's own.
    Thanks for your help. Will try in the morning and let you know how it goes.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,016 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

Make sure the bluetooth on/off switch hasn't been switched off on the laptop, sometimes a hardware switch or a fn button,

Nick

• Registered Users Posts: 980 ✭✭✭Freddy Smelly

reboot your laptop.. the bluetooth stack likely crashed... a reboot will usually restart it

Got it sorted thanks everyone.

Advertisement