Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IEC question

Options
  • 13-12-2012 11:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭

Hi, hello, okay, quick question about the IEC and all that.

I applied, got accepted, bonza, brilliant, and I've booked the flight and got a place to stay in the new year, everything is sorted. I've got the ticket, I've got the insurance and I've got the pdf confirming that I was accepted. And the money, obviously. I think I have everything I need.

Do I need anything else? The travel agent said I was okay, but you hear horror stories, just want to cover myself. So, got the money, got the insurance, got the ticket, and got the pdf saying "Yes, you're in, be here before [date]." Do I need anything else?

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 41 emec

Loblox wrote: »

I applied, got accepted, bonza, brilliant, and I've booked the flight and got a place to stay in the new year, everything is sorted. I've got the ticket, I've got the insurance and I've got the pdf confirming that I was accepted. And the money, obviously. I think I have everything I need.

Do I need anything else? The travel agent said I was okay, but you hear horror stories, just want to cover myself. So, got the money, got the insurance, got the ticket, and got the pdf saying "Yes, you're in, be here before [date]." Do I need anything else?

Thanks!

If by money you mean proof of funds, like a bank statement, then you are fine! I haven't heard of anyone being asked for it but to be on the safe side.
    Sounds like you are good to go!

• Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭giggii

emec wrote: »
    If by money you mean proof of funds, like a bank statement, then you are fine! I haven't heard of anyone being asked for it but to be on the safe side.
    Sounds like you are good to go!

And regarding the bank statement, it has to be issued in the week you are departing. Sounds like you're all sorted though, best of luck with it, applying for mine when the applications open! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭Loblox

Great, thanks. Just wanted to double check I had everything. Didn't want to get turned away at the last minute because I was missing paperwork.

Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 21 ENNE

Loblox wrote: »

Thanks!

Hi Just wondering how did you apply for iec? im waiting for applications which wont be out in Jan.

• Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭Loblox

ENNE wrote: »
    Hi Just wondering how did you apply for iec? im waiting for applications which wont be out in Jan.

I applied earlier this year. I have to present myself by April 2013.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21 ENNE

ok thanks that would explain it alright!

• Registered Users Posts: 45 toetatoe

Quick question. If I received my visa in 2012 and travel in 2013 am I eligible for another participation of 24 months when completed?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭JustRoss23

you are indeed mate:D but all the visas are gone this year. so your best bet will be next year we dont know if it will be 24 months again. but i say it wil.

• Registered Users Posts: 45 toetatoe

Well ya see I have my visa in the bag since last June but won't be traveling for a few months yet. I'm just wondering if I'll be eligible for another 24 after I've used the 2012 visa...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭JustRoss23

yea you will you can apply next year for the visa you will be eligible for one more visa next year. we don't no yet if it will be 24months or 12 months visa.

• Advertisement
Advertisement