Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

prepaid mastercard

Options
  • 13-12-2012 11:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭

i received a prepaid mastercard from perfectcard.ie as a bonus in work yesterday. it says it can be used anywhere worldwide that displays the mastercard logo, however when i tried to use it today in a number of shops (including a large supermarket chain) none would accept it as its not a chip and pin card. it says on the leaflet that shops just need to swipe it and then you sign a receipt.

My question is should shops accept it if they display a mastercard logo as this is what the card is regardless of whether its a chip and pin or not?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭paconnors

Yes But a lot of staff wouldn't be properly trained that credit cards can still be swiped as well

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Chip and Pin is the default standard in Ireland these days, and it's getting harder for staff to bypass the Chip & Pin. But the staff should still be able to swipe (after all, most American credit cards are still signature based)

Moved to Banking & Insurance & Pensions.

Advertisement