Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

New Year Bike Resolutions....

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,026 ✭✭✭serious3

as above! mate marshalls at skerries every year and anothers uncle lives on the walderstown curcuit.... we ought to have a forum meet at one of them?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

serious3 wrote: »
    as above! mate marshalls at skerries every year and anothers uncle lives on the walderstown curcuit.... we ought to have a forum meet at one of them?

Deffo, it would be great craic to meet up at the events. Its so addictive been at the races, people go for different reasons and like different classes, and getting the autographs and pics taken with the riders is nice aswell.

Lookbehindyou off here is a bike race nut, has been doing it for decades at this stage. Even marshalled at the TT events many times and is very well know and respected at the events. We regularly do the radios and flags at the events, it can be a hard as I said getting to the very far events when the weather is bad but its worth it once you get there.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

My resolution is to get out on more weekend spins. I did very few this year since the weekend was the only time I got to see my gf, however now im single so lots more time for biking :)

I want to do another around Ireland trip also but more than just 3 days. Also want to take my bike to the TT!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 720 ✭✭✭kierank01

Get a bike

Do my test

And here is the crazy bit, drive to mugello in june

That last one is more of an aspiration though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 181 ✭✭1stuey1

get my road racing licence, my goal anyway... hopefully race the roads next year, finishing top 10 this year too in short circuit would be nice

• Advertisement

Excellant stuff....

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 963 ✭✭✭NinjaK

Get a cbr250/400:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,449 ✭✭✭✭pwurple

Used to just tax and insure the bike for the summer, until the rules changed... I couldn't justify the full years cost for the short amount of time I used it. Now that someone else is doing the kiddie dropoff in the mornings, maybe the sums work out now. :D

So, to getting back on the old bike!

• Registered Users Posts: 14 first58

1. Have a kx 250 project that needs finishing!!
    2. Get to the TT for some well earned beers !!
    3.Roll on Summer!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29 Kido Fazer 1

1stuey1 wrote: »
    get my road racing licence, my goal anyway... hopefully race the roads next year, finishing top 10 this year too in short circuit would be nice
    The way they're running the Short Circuit races this year is a joke.
    Best of luck anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,060 ✭✭✭thecivvie

This year heading for Aragon in Spain for the MotoGP in September, Ferry, hotels etc booked

March doing my 831 miles for the Lilly Mae Trust.

Other than that, commuting 110 a day for work, Connemara to Galway. May even wash the bikes lol

And taking my dog for the odd spin on the bike

Join Ireland Weather Network

Ya jammy git...would love to hit a MotoGP especially on a bike. Make sure you get plenty of pics...

Wonda-Boy wrote: »
    Ya jammy git...would love to hit a MotoGP especially on a bike. Make sure you get plenty of pics...

There was supposed to be a couple of us going, but seems to only be me now, though i have a feeling i will meet up with others

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,340 ✭✭✭Please Kill Me

thecivvie wrote: »
    There was supposed to be a couple of us going, but seems to only be me now, though i have a feeling i will meet up with others

I did Brno in 2006 - it's a fantastic experience!! You won't be disappointed.

P.S. Jammy feckin' git!! :P :pac:

I did Brno in 2006 - it's a fantastic experience!! You won't be disappointed.

P.S. Jammy feckin' git!! :P :pac:

I did Brands last summer for the BSB great weekend had, so looking forward to it. Hopefully tweeting away pics and logging onto here

thecivvie wrote: »

Whats the cost involved in that m8?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,025 ✭✭✭Wossack

Do a track day on the zx6 (if they'll let me - its obnoxiously loud :p)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 181 ✭✭1stuey1

The way they're running the Short Circuit races this year is a joke.
    Best of luck anyway.

Aye its not great, :rolleyes:

Whats the cost involved in that m8?

The ferry is around €150 which I have paid for, staying in various cheaper hotels along the way, think I said around €200 for the week. Then petrol, food and the motogp tickets which are not available as yet. I am staying in Zaragoza which is about 70km from the course

The plan is on the way down and return via Nantes, but the to and from routes maybe different

Would love to do a mod on the bike this year aswell.....maybe a new end can that wont cost the earth. Not alot I can do with the FZ6 and I dont wanna put mad money into her in case I get a bigger bike too.

Maybe a set of Scorpion or Arrow end cans....would really love a set of Two Brothers!!!!!

http://www.twobros.com/cgi-bin/shopper?search=action&sku=005-11704&searchstart=0&template=Templates/TBRSearchResult-Simple-Yam-FZ6-SO.html

I wonder who would supply and fit them over here?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ToPulL2x9MY

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,465 ✭✭✭batman_oh

Would love to do a mod on the bike this year aswell.....maybe a new end can that wont cost the earth. Not alot I can do with the FZ6 and I dont wanna put mad money into her in case I get a bigger bike too.

Maybe a set of Scorpion or Arrow end cans....would really love a set of Two Brothers!!!!!

http://www.twobros.com/cgi-bin/shopper?search=action&sku=005-11704&searchstart=0&template=Templates/TBRSearchResult-Simple-Yam-FZ6-SO.html

I wonder who would supply and fit them over here?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ToPulL2x9MY

Two brothers are a bit obnoxiously loud from any Ive ever seen fitted to a bike. Wouldnt be my choice!

batman_oh wrote: »
    Two brothers are a bit obnoxiously loud from any Ive ever seen fitted to a bike. Wouldnt be my choice!

Good to know....never seen or heard them in the flesh. I think a set of scorpions are the best bang for buck from what I have read on forums.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,597 ✭✭✭Richard tea

As a few have already mentioned

1. Be more confident
    2. Find empty car park and practice slow maneuvers in preparation for test.
    3. Learn more about my bike and how to service/fix problems
    4. STOP buying bike related stuff online with credit card:o

Oh the shame of it all:o

Not long to go until 2014 and im ashamed to say #3 on my list is the only one I can say I achieved:o. Laziness & having babies is my excuse. #2 is still achievable I suppose but not likely. So how are you all doing? will you be transferring 2013 resolutions to 2014?

Fair play Richard, Have to say I did not achieve any of my goals this year either. I was meant to go to Germany in OCT but I had a new arrival and that got scuppered. I did lift my restriction and get a Grade 2 assessment done and got top marks in that so its not all doom and gloom. I also moved up to a bigger bike and have alot more road experience.

Will have to recalculate my aims for 2014.....and stick them up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭AgileMyth

AgileMyth wrote: »
    Might get to Bikeweek in Daytona yet. If not I'll change the bike at some stage.
    Didn't go to Daytona. Did upgrade the 650 to an 1150.

Biking is getting put on hold for 2014, I'm off to see the world! If I decide to sell up before I go I'll put a little aside to buy a cheap bike if I come home. So I guess the resolution is to have a bike at the end of the year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,306 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

I've one for the new year. Sell the gs and buy a hypermotard

Well I would love to do a trackday in 2014, go to Europe on the bike and maybe do a bit more advanced training. Cant put them in order but I would really hope to see a bit of the world on 2 wheels.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭chrismon

chrismon wrote: »
    Just want to get out as much as possible.

Started using the bike for commuting so I got the above sorted.
    Managed to get my full license.
    I want to upgrade to a sports bike in the new year but I dont want to get rid of my bandit :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭KTRIC

Getting something more reliable myself first week in January and im going to make up for all the lack of biking I had in 2013.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,306 ✭✭✭sonic85

my bikes let me down a few times this year and ive not had half the riding ive wanted because of this. I want to live on the road this year and apply for the test.

hopefully the bike will stay going long enough to let me do what I want to do!

Advertisement