Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

New Year Bike Resolutions....

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,739 ✭✭✭✭minidazzler

1. Do IBT Module 5 when I am eligable....Done
    2. Borrow a big bike and get my full licence Not
    3. Be unrestrictedDone
    4. ????
    5. ProfitDone

Actually pay off the loan on my bike before seeing if I can trade up. Done

Get out on the twisties more and gain some confidence in them. Unfortunately not even nearly enough :(

Learn how to pop a wheelie :pac: Not done

Overall improve my ability and confidence. Improved, but still plenty of room

Once the bad weather has passed find an empty car part and practice my slow maneuvers.Done on 125, not on Fazer :/ Need my new tyres first.

Other things I did though....

Learned a sh1t load about Bike Maintenance

Become an every day rider.

Being super sexy :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭dwelby101

1) Pass my test in 2 weeks and get the full license
    2) upgrade from the GSX 400 to a GSX-R 750 k7
    3) Trip to giants giants causeway,a skip across the pond then from John O Groats to Dover
    4) take a month off and tour Europe during the summer... want to get onto those twisty alpine passes then soak up some sun and wine in the south of Italy!

All of which depends on me passing the test... hopefully the damn thing wont be called off due to frosty roads or any other crappy weather:(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

dwelby101 wrote: »
    1) Pass my test in 2 weeks and get the full license
    2) upgrade from the GSX 400 to a GSX-R 750 k7
    3) Trip to giants giants causeway,a skip across the pond then from John O Groats to Dover
    4) take a month off and tour Europe during the summer... want to get onto those twisty alpine passes then soak up some sun and wine in the south of Italy!

All of which depends on me passing the test... hopefully the damn thing wont be called off due to frosty roads or any other crappy weather:(

Ahhh yes....that sounds great. Except the scotland bit :pac::pac::pac:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

fell off and got trapped under my bike a few weeks ago and going to be off it for a while yet while the skin graft heals

i'm only learning too so the wait is irritating me, think it was my 5th time up on the bike.

so new year resolution is to actually learn how to ride a motorbike and not to get on a bike again without proper gear.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,465 ✭✭✭batman_oh

TT 2014 for me I think - can't resist the lure of the mountain roads any longer and the R1 needs a good run

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭MonstaMash

fell off and got trapped under my bike a few weeks ago and going to be off it for a while yet while the skin graft heals

i'm only learning too so the wait is irritating me, think it was my 5th time up on the bike.

so new year resolution is to actually learn how to ride a motorbike and not to get on a bike again without proper gear.
    Heal well Sir Digby & DO NOT let your off, put you off ;)

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

This year I rode my bike most days but only to work etc – had very few proper weekend spins so I want to do a lot more in 2014. I recently new gear, leathers and textiles, so I plan to wear them more next year! I had planned to go to the TT again last year but it did not happen, I want to go this year and bring my bike. I went the year before without the bike and I really wished I could have had it. This year I did a motorcycle maintenance course – not sure how much I really learnt but I need to put some of it into practice I suppose.

Zascar wrote: »
    This year I rode my bike most days but only to work etc – had very few proper weekend spins so I want to do a lot more in 2014. I recently new gear, leathers and textiles, so I plan to wear them more next year! I had planned to go to the TT again last year but it did not happen, I want to go this year and bring my bike. I went the year before without the bike and I really wished I could have had it. This year I did a motorcycle maintenance course – not sure how much I really learnt but I need to put some of it into practice I suppose.

Just checked the availability there for the TT and alot of the days are sold out already!!! And the price is just mental now.......:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭chrismon

Wonda-Boy wrote: »
    Just checked the availability there for the TT and alot of the days are sold out already!!! And the price is just mental now.......:mad:

Its getting to be a joke at this stage.
    I might look into the manx instead.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

For the boat?? Any spaces or routes left? What about going from Belfast?

• Advertisement

Really need another operator on the ferrys. They are a joke them steampacket boys.....there are multiplying the rate by nearly 3 times and people still pay it ffs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,453 ✭✭✭✭blade1

One thing I'll probably be doing is around the south of England with the OH and ending up at Silverstone.
    Killing two birds with one stone as the OH gets to go on holiday and I get to do a bit of travelling on the bike.
    Also hoping to get to a world Superbikes race in Europe.

Talking to a few mates and actually I think I have to make it a point to do a trackday this year. I believe a few hours on track brings your skill and control level up by miles. I hear the Ron Haslam one is good - might look into seeing if any others are worth doing. Has anyone done one?

Zascar wrote: »
    Talking to a few mates and actually I think I have to make it a point to do a trackday this year. I believe a few hours on track brings your skill and control level up by miles. I hear the Ron Haslam one is good - might look into seeing if any others are worth doing. Has anyone done one?

No but I would love too. RH school would cost a pretty penny TBH, I would love to do a Moto X session aswell. Both would help a great day in relation to road riding.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,268 ✭✭✭Tomohawk

I plan to restore a 1984 lambretta gp150 to standard spec in April with the help of friends. A trip to the Italy world vespa days in Maqntoa Italy would be a dream of mine this year, time permitting and circumstances...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,268 ✭✭✭Tomohawk

On a personal note I would like to get married for the first time in 46 years of existance, there's a first time for everything!

Tomohawk wrote: »
    On a personal note I would like to get married for the first time in 46 years of existance, there's a first time for everything!

Married to your VESPA?

;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,164 ✭✭✭hobochris

Had a good year this year(overall):

-(good) joined a blood bike group.

-(bad) sold my bandit.

-(good) got my cbf1000.

-(good) got my RoSPA gold on my first attempt.

-(good) maintened my accident free record.

Gonna try get in a Europe trip next year on the bike even if its only a couple of days.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,615 ✭✭✭prunudo

Thats a fairly sizable achievement list there Hobochris, well done. On a side note how do you find the cbf, comptemplating upgrading my er6 next year and the cbf was something along the lines of what I was thinking.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭KTRIC

I'm going to take that biking holiday, the one I've always talked about and never followed through. No ifs or buts about it in 2014, its going to happen !! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭KwackerJack

After riding since i was 16 but never got the full licence i have to do the blasted IBT in the next month or so.

I completed the Grade 2 insurance test and my insurer said due to this the IBT wont matter insurance wise but i need it to sit my test......load of bollox for someone riding on the road for 12 years.

My 98 zx7r is currently getting carbs, clearances and CC tensioner sorted, after that its PR3 or Z8 Interacts and ill be back on 2 wheels.

New years resolution is to get a black ZX10R with the decals in Kawi green :)

jvan wrote: »
    Thats a fairly sizable achievement list there Hobochris, well done. On a side note how do you find the cbf, comptemplating upgrading my er6 next year and the cbf was something along the lines of what I was thinking.

Its very smooth, plenty of power. I've the full luggage which makes it very practical.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,615 ✭✭✭prunudo

hobochris wrote: »
    Its very smooth, plenty of power. I've the full luggage which makes it very practical.

I was thinking of going for one with all the luggage too, be ideal for touring. Hope to get a trip to Scotland and/or Europe next year.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,782 ✭✭✭P.C.

Had a good year this year(overall):

-(good) joined a blood bike group.

How did the 'big argument' end?

-(bad) sold my bandit.

That thing sounded like a bag of spanners - hope you got a good price for her.
    -(good) got my cbf1000.

What year?
    Is it the GT version?

-(good) got my RoSPA gold on my first attempt.

Well done!
    -(good) maintened my accident free record.

Well Done!
    Gonna try get in a Europe trip next year on the bike even if its only a couple of days.

Good plan.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87 ✭✭carefull now!

My new year plans
    New clutch and throttle cables
    New tyres
    Get out on more weekend spins
    Trip around Ireland with the ride out for prems crew.
    Anyone recommend a good spot to get my cables in Dublin for an 81 xj650 midnight maxim?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

Anyone recommend a good spot to get my cables in Dublin for an 81 xj650 midnight maxim?

Global in Santry

P.C. wrote: »
    How did the 'big argument' end?

Pretty much all those involved in it are gone from bbe. A few started up another group outside of Dublin. Bar one or two special individuals, we don't bother them, they don't bother us. We just co-exist. This type of thing shouldn't be about personalities and politics but unfortunately they get in the way sometimes, hopefully we will work with them in the future like we do other blood bike groups in the country.
    That thing sounded like a bag of spanners - hope you got a good price for her.
    Must be your age, need to get your ears checked, She sounded lovely to me.

What year?
    Is it the GT version?

07.Don't think its the gt version.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,782 ✭✭✭P.C.

07.Don't think its the gt version.

So, it has the double exhausts.

Better looking than the current one, i think.

I think we should plan a little three/four day tour of Ireland in the spring.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87 ✭✭carefull now!

Cheers makikomi, is that a shop I can visit or just an online delivery only type place, I assume there good lads if you recommend them, I googled them but couldn't find a webpage or opening times or the likes. Just a number.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭Big-Mac

To get the knee down.

Advertisement