Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Inexpensive small group meeting place?

Options
  • 14-12-2012 12:02am
    Registered Users Posts: 874 ✭✭✭

Hi Guys

Just moved to Dublin and still getting my bearings.

Need an inexpensive place for a group of about ten to meet on Sunday afternoon in the city centre or close by. Can be licenced, but if so, needs to have enough room that we can find ourselves a corner to park ourselves in and not be disturbed. Non-licenced with tea / coffee etc would be better.

Any suggestions very welcome.

Cheers :)

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 12,224 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

Hi Max001,
    A group I know meet for coffee most Sundays and as far as I know they have used Costa Coffee on Nassau Street which they find good. It has a large seating area in the basement which is much less used than the ground floor. You should have a look anyway, it;s on the corner of Nassau Street and Dawson Street.

A smaller (and cosier) place is Accents Coffee Shop on Stephen Street which is very near to the top of Sth William Street. It looks quite small from the outside but they have a nice seating area downstairs with sofas and cushions and armchairs.

If I can think of any others, I'll stick them here for you later :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

Do you need absolute privacy (are ye planning a revolution?) or just to be away from other folk?

The Library Bar in the Central Hotel on Exchequer St. have a separate room that they open up for people a fair bit.

Advertisement