Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

st.stephens day sale harvey norman

Options
  • 14-12-2012 12:35am
    Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭

anyone know what time id need to be at harvey norman in limerick on st.stephens day morning for the sale. they have great below cost deals for the first few in store like last year there was a full hd tv 42" for 99e:cool:.
    what time do i need to be there at to be one of the first in the store and any advice?

**not sure if this is the right section to post this.if not,could a mod please move it.thanks.**

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,429 ✭✭✭✭star-pants

Moved from Christmas.
    Not 100% if this is the right place either but hopefully.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,130 ✭✭✭mel.b

Do they advertise in advance what the sale items are going to be?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,052 ✭✭✭✭event

There should be an ad in the papers closer to the time

• Registered Users Posts: 2,218 ✭✭✭padocon

Harvey Norman seem to have a "sale" on most days of the year. Surely this is just another, the same as the rest?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,544 ✭✭✭Hogzy

padocon wrote: »
    Harvey Norman seem to have a "sale" on most days of the year. Surely this is just another, the same as the rest?

Usually worse. Its very rare to see a bargain in Harvey Norman unless its a pricing mistake.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭Lucyn

Hogzy wrote: »
    Usually worse. Its very rare to see a bargain in Harvey Norman unless its a pricing mistake.

Incorrect. I got my sofa bed there at half price in their January sale two years ago. €999 down to €450. It had been €999 for a couple of months prior to that as I'd had my eye on it for a while. It was a great sale.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 669 ✭✭✭galait

Thats how retail works.

Shop buys in something for 10 Euro
    Puts in on Sale for 39.99 - for however long the legislation requires ,
    He then displays it for 19.99 claiming its half price and he still doubles his money ,

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭Lucyn

I well aware how retail works thanks. You however are not factoring i overheads, staff wages, utilities etc. My point was that there ARE bargains to be had in Harvey Norman not how reatilers price their stock.

Thread going off topic. :mad:

I hope the OP gets the bargain they've their eye on....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭utyh2ikcq9z76b

Yeah I picked up some good bargains in harvey normans, especially clearance stock

• Registered Users Posts: 54,398 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Damn op, this is supposed to be a secret sale.

Jokes aside
    I really hate Harvey Norman

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭LK KID

no,this sale is where harvey norman sell products under cost to lets say the first 20 people in.everyone lines up outside the store and is given tickets with what number they are and then at 9 o'clock the store lets the first 20 people inand you get say a tv which should cost 400e for 100e(this happened last year).harvey norman sell under what it cost to buy the products or at there own buy in price making no profit on that product but then everyone after the first 20/30 the products are gone(they may have 10 tvs at 100e) and everyone else who was trying to get the product are now in harvey normans store and will more than likely buy another tv at a higher price but still on "sale".
    im trying to be one of the first 20 in not the 50th in and buying a tv at a higher price.
    mel.b wrote: »
    Do they advertise in advance what the sale items are going to be?
    no,not even staff know what will be on sale st.stephens day morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,218 ✭✭✭padocon

First I heard, I remember the adverts for the sale last year but I don't recall it being as good as it seems.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,130 ✭✭✭mel.b

Just looked at some adverts online for the Harvey Norman sale. Nothing i can see there that is a big bargin (in electricals anyway) or will entice me into the store on St Stephens Day. Maybe they will have stuff in store that is more heavily discounted, but thought they would at least promote that as a way of getting people in through the doors.

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭LK KID

mel.b wrote: »
    Just looked at some adverts online for the Harvey Norman sale. Nothing i can see there that is a big bargin (in electricals anyway) or will entice me into the store on St Stephens Day. Maybe they will have stuff in store that is more heavily discounted, but thought they would at least promote that as a way of getting people in through the doors.
    nope,they dont even tell the employees whats on sale

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,382 ✭✭✭firestarter51

• Registered Users Posts: 8,988 ✭✭✭finnharpsboy

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭bally2009

Is the site not working for anyone else??

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,259 ✭✭✭✭Melion

Take out the first http

bally2009 wrote: »
    Is the site not working for anyone else??

very very slow getting onto it

just had a look nothing special really was hoping to find a bit of discount on an ipad but apple dont do discount

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

website is down for maintenance

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,382 ✭✭✭firestarter51

Hopefully they will add some better deals, nothing electrical at all

• Registered Users Posts: 1,939 ✭✭✭wingnut

just had a look nothing special really was hoping to find a bit of discount on an ipad but apple dont do discount
    You will get a good discount on Apple black Friday every year. There is also student discount but it's only 3 percent on ipad.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15,858 ✭✭✭✭paddy147

Thats very clever marketing by the idiots in Harvey Norman then.:pac::rolleyes:

Advertisement