Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

West wood gym Dublin 18

Options
  • 14-12-2012 1:44am
    Registered Users Posts: 773 ✭✭✭

Hi Guys

whats the quickest way to get to westwood gym walking from killgobbin woods.

Im new to the area and still trying to find my way round. thanks for any help

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,492 ✭✭✭RosieJoe

There's a bridge over the M50 that goes from the back of the shopping centre off Ballyogan Road that you could use. It comes out right beside Westwood.

Only problem though is that I do not know if it is only opened on race days.

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭Supertoucher

May be a silly question but does that bridge provide access for cars? It isn't finished on google maps and I've never seen anyone come in to the car park from that way

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭Mrsbananas

You cannot walk or drive through from the back of the shopping centre. The bridge over the m50 lands in a field which is closed off by 9 foot railings. Someone had cut a walkway through the railings but it has been closed back up for months now.

Thanks for letting me know - hopefully it'll link up someday although I know the club has had problems with car crime and theft in the car park. Hopefully it's not how they were getting in.

It was only a walk way, they could just as easily climb the fence if they wanted to steal something. You used to be able to get into racecourse years ago that way but they built the m50 through it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,492 ✭✭✭RosieJoe

I've noticed people walking over the bridge recently. Last time was on Sunday when ( I think) there were races on.

I think they open the field for parking on race days!

They do - I had to use it for a tennis match on a race day. It's an overflow car park essentially.

Advertisement