Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Which Tablet to get?

Options
  • 14-12-2012 2:58am
    Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭

I know there is alot of threads about different tablets, but thought id make this one as it may get a reply quicker and more to point.

Which would be the best to get, doesnt need to be out of this world etc.

Samsung Tab 2 7" or 10.1"
    Nexus 7

What is the 7" screen like to use, I thought it would possibly be a bit small?

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

Best way to find out what you make of a 7'' tablet is to walk into a bricks n' mortar shop and have a look for yourself. Lots of people have different feelings towards the size of a tablet.

I have a Nexus 7 so I can vouch for that one. I was never a big fan of the tablet platform but I'm very impressed with this fella. I have it synched up with the HTPC so the portability of it around the house is perfect for me and seems to take pretty much whatever I run on it. Certain HD files are a bit chuggy on it, however.

The size means it fits nicely in your hand but not too small that you can't make things out, the screen is very nice and crystal clear so reading text isn't a problem.

If you want a tablet before Xmas, I'd be pretty snappy in getting one since they're flying off the shelves everywhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,554 ✭✭✭Pat Mustard

McP2011 wrote: »
    Samsung Tab 2 7" or 10.1"
    Nexus 7

What is the 7" screen like to use, I thought it would possibly be a bit small?

I'd say you can pretty much rule out the Samsung 7inch, because the Nexus beats it.

So it's Nexus 7 v Samsung Tab 2 10.1.

I brought it down to those two myself. It came down to whether the 7inch screen was going to be too small for reading. I went into PC World and tryed it out, downloaded a few apps onto it, etc.

The 7inch is big enough to read from, yet it is small enough to hold in one hand or to put in a pocket of a coat. That isn't the case with a 10 inch tablet.

There are some web pages which require pinching and zooming, but I don't need to do that to read otherwise.

The 7ich screen is just right.

I have the Nexus. I'm happy with it. It has exceeded my expectations, and that's not something I say very often.

Advertisement