Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Freezing Concrete floor Bathroom, Lino or Laminate

• 14-12-2012 11:06am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,584 ✭✭✭

I have a Really cold concrete floor in my bathroom that I put down Lino on, The cold still comes up through it. Its freezing in winter :(
    Is it possible to Put under the lino some soft of "lino underlay" if such a thing exists,
    Alternativly has anyone put down water proof laminate flooring in a bathroom and is it difficult to cut the laminate around the toilet bowl and sink?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,127 ✭✭✭homer911

You could put down a layer of ply under the lino, or invest in some shaggy bathroom mats..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭red sean

How about this : http://www.underfloorheating.ie/heatingmats.shtml with
    laminate floor.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 924 ✭✭✭jjf1974

If you are putting laminate flooring in the bathroom i think you would need to remove the toilet and basin and put the floor under them.If you cut around them it would be very hard to seal the edge of the floor it would also rise up as the floor is just sitting on the concrete.I never saw laminate flooring in a bathroom .I think tiles and heating mats would be the best and longest lasting job.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,556 ✭✭✭✭AckwelFoley

I wouldn't recommend laminate floors in a bathroom. Too much moisture

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,444 ✭✭✭sky6

I put laminate flooring in a Bathroom as a quick and temporary solution many years ago. It was down for 15 years until I decided to renovate the whole Bathroom. You can now get moister resistant Laminate Flooring now.
    I would still Glue every Joint with waterproof Glue. Don't forget to line the Concrete Floor with a heavy duty foam underlay.
    An alternative method would be to line the Floor with Battens, then sheet it out with Ply and you can then use whatever you like to cover it.

Strangely I'm renovating my main Bathroom now. I have dug out the Screed and I'm going to Batten it out and use Marine ply and Lino unless she changes her mind again.

• Advertisement
Advertisement