Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vicious Circle in Irish darts

• 14-12-2012 11:29am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 790 ✭✭✭

Deliberate clashing of events, where the only ones to lose out will be dart players and sponsors.

If it isnt deliberate then their should be no problem in moving the event.

How long are peoples personal battles going to effect the players, we dont want to know, most of us that is. We just want to play darts.

DELIBERATE CLASHING of events is only effecting dart players and sponsors. Neither hotel is going to be impressed with losing out on business.

Sort it out!!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 579 ✭✭✭chalkie 501

well said Dicie

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭DartBhoy1888

Well said that man.. I personally think what has happened is very unfair on the IPC and its promoter.. they have changed things around regarding costs and merit points after the IDC was set up and still have to face this nonsense..I'm all for more tournaments but not at the demise of one of the best champs we have. I know where ill be playing..

In saying that,I am a nobody on the darts scene so me turning up at one and not the other won't raise any eyebrows..and I'm usually on the way home at lunchtime lol.. think its up to the top players to decide and make a stance.that in my opinion will get the promotors at least working together on dates wouldn't it.. otherwise we could end up with 3 dart organisations,with players having to choose one for the year

• Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭pudzy

irish dart in my opinion are going nowhere , seems big split in camps,,, someone needs to grab the bull by the horns and sort it out...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,413 ✭✭✭Dartgod

Dicie wrote: »
    Deliberate clashing of events, where the only ones to lose out will be dart players and sponsors.

If it isnt deliberate then their should be no problem in moving the event.

How long are peoples personal battles going to effect the players, we dont want to know, most of us that is. We just want to play darts.

DELIBERATE CLASHING of events is only effecting dart players and sponsors. Neither hotel is going to be impressed with losing out on business.

Sort it out!!!

Here we go again - - - DELIBERATE CLASHING OF DARTS TOURNAMENTS !

Clashing, whether deliberate or unintentional, has been going on in Ireland for many years but now we have reached a new low with the changing of dates to clash with Round 4 of the Ireland Players' Championship and the Leeside Darts Festival on the weekend of March 2nd./3rd., 2013.

Another blatant attempt to upstage the I.P.C. !!!

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056725207

The 2013 Leeside Darts Festival, incorporating Round 4 of the 2013 Ireland Players' Championship, will be held at the Silver Springs Moran Hotel in Cork on the weekend of March 2nd./3rd. with a GUARANTEED PRIZE FUND of € 6.500 on offer.

Entry forms and full details will be available early in the New Year.

LET THE DARTS PLAYERS DECIDE !!!

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭btx170

The petty and infantile practice of "deliberate" clashing of fixtures is traditional in Irish darts and is obviously ongoing. However this specific alleged instance is as surprising as it is disappointing. It is a needlessly confrontational and unwarranted turn of events which could have inevitable fatal consequences. The ultimate losers are the unfortunate darts players. Irish darts have been stagnating for years (My views on this issue are too numerous to expound in this instance). Suffice to say that in a climate of widespread disillusionment the Irish Players Championship was founded and was initially seen as a progressive and desirable development. Players enthusiastically embraced and supported this competition ensuring its success. Fast forward a few years and to use the hackneyed phrase "we are where we are". Individuals have gone their separate ways and would now appear to be adversaries to the extent that we have reached the present impasse. Whilst not wishing to take sides or become too embroiled in a prolonged debate I wish to state that I am categorically opposed to the unseemly practice of "deliberate" clashing of fixtures. It is imperative that this matter should be resolved immediately before it gets out of hand and results in further entrenchment of positions. I would respectively suggest that the bigger picture should be looked at and the interest of players should be given precedence.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 790 ✭✭✭Dicie

btx170 wrote: »
    The petty and infantile practice of "deliberate" clashing of fixtures is traditional in Irish darts and is obviously ongoing. However this specific alleged instance is as surprising as it is disappointing. It is a needlessly confrontational and unwarranted turn of events which could have inevitable fatal consequences. The ultimate losers are the unfortunate darts players. Irish darts have been stagnating for years (My views on this issue are too numerous to expound in this instance). Suffice to say that in a climate of widespread disillusionment the Irish Players Championship was founded and was initially seen as a progressive and desirable development. Players enthusiastically embraced and supported this competition ensuring its success. Fast forward a few years and to use the hackneyed phrase "we are where we are". Individuals have gone their separate ways and would now appear to be adversaries to the extent that we have reached the present impasse. Whilst not wishing to take sides or become too embroiled in a prolonged debate I wish to state that I am categorically opposed to the unseemly practice of "deliberate" clashing of fixtures. It is imperative that this matter should be resolved immediately before it gets out of hand and results in further entrenchment of positions. I would respectively suggest that the bigger picture should be looked at and the interest of players should be given precedence.

The sheer ignorance and pig headedness of some will not let this happen, they would rather the players miss out than somehow feel they will lose face by moving their event.

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭Best Double On The Board ???

Dicie wrote: »
    The sheer ignorance and pig headedness of some will not let this happen, they would rather the players miss out than somehow feel they will lose face by moving their event.

All the more prize money for you to win Dicie and take home to .......

Greystones :D

All the more prize money for you to win Dicie and take home to .......

Greystones :D

Unless their is a raffle m8, i wont be winning much.... lol

I would appreciate it if one of the moderators could delete the unedited version of my post as cited by Dicie and replace it with the version actually posted. Anyway it is good to see that common sense has prevailed and the fixture clash dilemma at issue has been speedily resolved.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,290 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

I would appreciate it if one of the moderators could delete the unedited version of my post as cited by Dicie and replace it with the version actually posted.

Done.

• Advertisement

I would appreciate it if one of the moderators could delete the unedited version of my post as cited by Dicie and replace it with the version actually posted. Anyway it is good to see that common sense has prevailed and the fixture clash dilemma at issue has been speedily resolved.

I only quoted what you posted Bobby, it was you that changed it afterwards

Thanks King. Dicie apologies. I was not suggesting that you did anything wrong. It was my fault entirely. I inadvertently posted the unedited version. Anyway as previously stated it is good to see that the subject matter of this thread has been resolved

Advertisement