Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

This account cannot be added.

Options
  • 14-12-2012 11:51am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,606 ✭✭✭

Trying to add an account as a payee on 365 but getting the following error.

"This account cannot be added."

The NSC (http://www.irelandbankcodes.com/aib-bank/930296.html) and A/C no is correct.

How do I go about adding this account?

See below screenshot of error
    aaaaif.png

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 489 ✭✭Pablod

I'd remove that image if they are your real account details

AIB credit cards cannot be added through 365 online,
    I had to call banking 365 support to get them to manually add it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,606 ✭✭✭sgarvan

Pablod wrote: »
    I'd remove that image if they are your real account details

AIB credit cards cannot be added through 365 online,
    I had to call banking 365 support to get them to manually add it

Cheers, not my account details. It is AIB's holding account info, which is available on a quick google search.

Looks like I will have to ring so.

Any reason as to why this cannot be added online?

• Registered Users Posts: 489 ✭✭Pablod

ahh right.. no worries
    If I remember correctly its the account number that doesn't match to the sort code (non-standard account number or something) that causes the error so they have to do it manually.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,606 ✭✭✭sgarvan

Pablod wrote: »
    If I remember correctly its the account number that doesn't match to the sort code (non-standard account number or something) that causes the error so they have to do it manually.

Interesting, if that is the case.

I know BOI use the MOD11 check to verify accounts and sort code, which makes this account invalid.

MOD(999964428,11) := 1

Where as Irish Payment Services Organisation Limited (IPSO) validates the account number http://tinyurl.com/c2xb27r

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Billy

Hi sgarvan and Pablod,

Thanks for posting.

The AIB account number beginning with 999 is a valid holding account number however this account type cannot be registered on 365 Online.

If you call Banking 365 on 0818 365 365, a representative will assist with registering the details.

Thanks

Billy

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,863 ✭✭✭daheff

BILLY

It would be great if the BOI 365 reps actually knew this and could advise this. I was just speaking to one about changing the ref on the payment I already set up and i was told that changing the ref wasnt possible and that I would have to set it up again. While the rep said they could set it up for me, they never even mentioned that I could not set this up without their assistance.

Seems a bit ridiculous that you cannot set up this account online with BOI....surely in this day and age your systems could be able to cope with a single non standard account??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Billy

Hi daheff,

Thanks for posting,

Apologies that you were not given this information when speaking with the Banking 365 rep.

I’ll ensure a memo goes out to the reps.

The issue with not being able to register this account type via 365 Online has been raised and sent to the relevant department.

Thanks

Billy

• Registered Users Posts: 4 jldunbur

I have had exactly the same problem.  I tried to add an account in November and, when I rang '365', was told it must have been a savings account or credit card.  It isn't.

I tried again just now and have the same problem.  The account is a BoI account and I have had the details checked more than once.  It is a commercial company account that others can set up payments to without a problem.  Apparently one other person and I are the only ones who can't add the account. 

I suspect there is a glitch in the BoI system.  Phoning 365 has no help with this problem unfortunately.  Back to writing another cheque and paying for the privilege.  Online banking with BoI?  Someone needs to sort this, not just for my sake :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 371 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Graham

Hi jldunbur,

We've had a similar query where the below information might help:
    The error message you quoted can display for a number of reasons. One such reason could be that the account details are incorrect. You should double-check these with the account holder.

It may be a case where this particular account is intended for Standing Orders or Direct Debits only. Again, you would need to check with the account holder whether or not they can accept electronic funds transfers into this account.

From time to time there may be restrictions placed on an account.
    If the error persists, please contact Banking 365 on 0818 365 365.

A Banking365 representative may be able to raise this issue with the Online Technical Team to investigate.

Thanks for getting in touch,
    Graham

• Registered Users Posts: 4 jldunbur

Hi jldunbur,

We've had a similar query where the below information might help:

A Banking365 representative may be able to raise this issue with the Online Technical Team to investigate.

Thanks for getting in touch,
    Graham
    Thanks Graham.  I'll try again, but am not hopeful as I have been down that route before.
    Regards
    John

• Advertisement
Advertisement