Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

MMA League 2013 Thread

Options
  • 14-12-2012 12:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭

This is where I will do all my boards posting for 2013!
    We will be making a bunch of announcements on Monday, including the date of our first event in 2013.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭Yourwellcum

Any sign of the announcements??

• Registered Users Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭mark.leonard

Crikey, where is all the Christmas spirit! :)

The first round of MMA League 2013 will take place in Loughlinstown Leisure Centre in Dublin on Saturday the 9th of March.

We are bringing a number of changes to the League this year to try to improve on the experience for everyone involved, based on your feedback and how MMA is changing in Ireland.
    The first key difference in League matches is that as a trial at the Dublin event, we will be judging all fights.
    The League is about giving a platform for fighters and casual participants to try out MMA competition, for that experience to have more in common with the real thing all fights that go the distance will be decided by the judges at mat-side.

I will be back in the new year with some more information about changes in the League and registration for the first event will open at that time.

The Registrations are flying in now for the First round - check out the news about the price drop over on our website

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,097 ✭✭✭Dtp79

The Registrations are flying in now for the First round - check out the news about the price drop over on our website
    Any chance of having an event outside Dublin and Galway?

Dtp79 wrote: »
    Any chance of having an event outside Dublin and Galway?

We always do! We have at least two events outside those venues every year. Dublin/Galway are reasonably accessible to most parts of the country, so they tend to suit people.

• Advertisement

We always do! We have at least two events outside those venues every year. Dublin/Galway are reasonably accessible to most parts of the country, so they tend to suit people.
    How bout the midlands?

Dtp79 wrote: »
    How bout the midlands?
    If there is a venue close to a reasonable density of "Home" clubs then I will run a league pretty much anywhere. It has to make sense from those standpoints, clubs around the venue and reasonably easy to get to.
    Where are you thinking of?

If there is a venue close to a reasonable density of "Home" clubs then I will run a league pretty much anywhere. It has to make sense from those standpoints, clubs around the venue and reasonably easy to get to.
    Where are you thinking of?
    Laois in particular. It's motorway from all angles of the country to Portlaoise

Three Weeks to the League!

Not long now for the kick off of round 1 of 2013.
    Really looking forward to seeing how the new set-up, well new-ish, set-up with the Judges will work out applied across the whole event.

If you haven't gotten around to registering yet then head on over to here and get it done!

• Registered Users Posts: 6 jnixon

does anyone know of any hotels worth going to near the venue loughlinstown leisure centre

how about comming up to the north, Derry would be great place good venues and the amount of interest and top quality competitors or city alone has is tops

Derry also has direct motorway access

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 381 ✭✭manga_10

Don't forget it's the city of culture :P

Not long now to get registered for Round 1 of 2013.
    Head over to the website http://www.MMALeague.com for a roundup of the changes to the competition this year and to get registered

• Registered Users Posts: 4,698 ✭✭✭Gumbi

Huge event, over 140 fights! Not unexpectedly, ran quite late (due to huge numbers). Won my fights in my first competitive outing! :)

Full article up on the site here -> Article

1 Week to go for MMA League Cork!

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭ATMatm

Seriously, it was awesome last time out in Dublin. I highly recommend anyone thinking of competing to just bite the bullet. There's no hard man atmosphere in the hall or anything.
    I may have had my arm broken but don't let that put you off. Tap early, tap often and enjoy yourself.

• Registered Users Posts: 826 ✭✭✭Jason McCabe

Wats happening for league up north??

So excited!!!

All guns blazing this time, didnt make a great showing last time. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭Lambasted

Is it too late to register for this weekend in cork? Nursing an injury that stopped me registering

Lambasted wrote: »
    Is it too late to register for this weekend in cork? Nursing an injury that stopped me registering

I registered a few hours ago so I assume it's still OK to do so.

• Advertisement

Registration is open until noon tomorrow (Friday the 17th), so plenty time left yet.

Don't forget that you must be training with a club to compete in the League and covered under their insurance to do so. Getting a lot of registrations from clubs with names that sound like "qwerty", so thought I would remind folk! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 34 orol221

Brain Injury ...???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,823 ✭✭✭DublinArnie

Do you have to compete on the first round in order to be eiligeble for the other rounds? Or can you join in any of the rounds throughout the year? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 469 ✭✭Dave 101

Do you have to compete on the first round in order to be eiligeble for the other rounds? Or can you join in any of the rounds throughout the year? :)

iam pretty sure you can jump in in any round

Dave 101 wrote: »
    iam pretty sure you can jump in in any round

You can indeed.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 markkelly1

Mark, is there going to be one in belfast this month? if so what date? Thanks

markkelly1 wrote: »
    Mark, is there going to be one in belfast this month? if so what date? Thanks

I had planned a Belfast event, but had to cancel it unfortunately - details here

MMA League Galway registration is now open.
    The event is happening in the Kingfisher Sports Center, NUI, Galway on the 7th of September.
    Details here

Also on Facebook here

• Advertisement

We have girls entered in this round! Great to see female MMA represented at the League

Advertisement