Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Nexus 4 Owners Thread - apps, tips & tricks!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,330 ✭✭✭Gran Hermano

DECEiFER wrote: »
    I had a feeling someone might say that.

It depends on how one might interpret this.

I'd never encourage any illegal activity that would cause harm. However, the apps are legal and using them is also legal. So what I said before was merely a suggested use. You could simply use the app(s) to prank a friend to have some harmless fun.

No way you can dispute or question interpretation, the person pulled in because you flashed blue lights and made them believe you were a garda. If they didn't believe they wouldn't have pulled in. If I walk down the street or into a bank with a toy gun and my neighbour or banker believes it is a real gun it is treated as if I had a real gun.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,243 ✭✭✭DECEiFER

No way you can dispute or question interpretation, the person pulled in because you flashed blue lights and made them believe you were a garda. If they didn't believe they wouldn't have pulled in. If I walk down the street or into a bank with a toy gun and my neighbour or banker believes it is a real gun it is treated as if I had a real gun.
    Then it's the intent that can be subject to interpretation. Of course, you're right, and your example validates it. But say you're in the car and you have a passenger, or possibly kids in the back, and they're playing with your phone and stumble on the app. Suddenly there's lights flashing, it's dark outside, and the car in front pulls in thinking you're a garda. Should you be punished for that? It's like walking into a bank with your child who's holding a black toy gun that he/she had all this time stowed in his/her pocket.

The simple truth is, yes it's illegal to flash the lights with intent to fool a stranger into thinking that you're an officer, but it's also illegal to speed, which comes with a lesser punishment and is far more dangerous, not to mention extremely common. So on the morality side of things, it's not so bad. It'd just suck if you were caught strobing away and they threw the book at you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,210 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

There's a couple of bugs I have with mine, well personal ones I guess.

In the notification drag-down screen, it says that it is forwarding all calls. It shouldn't be, and I received a call last night so it isn't. is there any way to make this go away, as it's annoying me now! I've tried call settings but it doesn't seem to do anything.

Also, is there anyways of getting messages, whatsapp messages, tweets, facebook notifications etc so appear in the lock screen? And also as a notification on the app á la the iPhone? I liked them features a lot in the iPhone, just wondering are they on this phone aswell?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,377 ✭✭✭jgbyr

Correct me if I'm wrong here. WhatsApp - settings - notifications - popup notification - always show popup. I think this brings up the popup even when the screen is locked.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,954 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

jgbyr wrote: »
    Correct me if I'm wrong here. WhatsApp - settings - notifications - popup notification - always show popup. I think this brings up the popup even when the screen is locked.

that was it! cheers. I had that setting turned on, just only on singular chats and
    not grouped ones!

Yep, I am. Ya it says it's forwarding it to a 3 number, I presume it;s the number originally on my SIM card.

Only got my clock sorted there too. I'm slowly getting used to this Android stuff!

FitzShane wrote: »
    There's a couple of bugs I have with mine, well personal ones I guess.

In the notification drag-down screen, it says that it is forwarding all calls. It shouldn't be, and I received a call last night so it isn't. is there any way to make this go away, as it's annoying me now! I've tried call settings but it doesn't seem to do anything.
    I had that problem for a while. Don't worry, it's not serious. The information is stored on your SIM card. So if you set up forwarding on another phone, no matter what platform, or even on a dumbphone, it carries through. It happens to me every now and again, so I can say to you it's not a big deal.

The good news is that there is a way to get rid of it, by essentially forcing the phone to re-check the SIM's settings. A reboot will not suffice.

1. Go into the "Phone" (dialer) app;
    2. Hit the Menu button on the bottom right and head into "Settings;"
    3. Scroll down to "Call forwarding;"
    4. The phone attempts to get the actual applied settings from the SIM, so this is where it should disappear;
    5. If not, make sure to set "Always forward" to "Disabled" and leave the other "Forward when" options alone.

That should do it for you! Otherwise it'd stay there for quite a while, maybe permanently, and using that SIM on other phones would be the same. Just be aware that it's not just a Nexus or a 4.2.2 thing. It happened on my Galaxy S and ZTE Blade in the past, also.
    Coincidentally it only started occurring to me in late 2011 when I first switched to Three! It happened maybe a month or so after the switch out of nowhere when I rebooted my phone one day.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,795 ✭✭✭Raoul

I had that problem for a while. Don't worry, it's not serious. The information is stored on your SIM card. So if you set up forwarding on another phone, no matter what platform, or even on a dumbphone, it carries through. It happens to me every now and again, so I can say to you it's not a big deal.

The good news is that there is a way to get rid of it, by essentially forcing the phone to re-check the SIM's settings. A reboot will not suffice.

4. The phone attempts to get the actual applied settings from the SIM, so this is where it should disappear;
    5. If not, make sure to set "Always forward" to "Disabled" and leave the other "Forward when" options alone.

That should do it for you! Otherwise it'd stay there for quite a while, maybe permanently, and using that SIM on other phones would be the same. Just be aware that it's not just a Nexus or a 4.2.2 thing. It happened on my Galaxy S and ZTE Blade in the past, also.

Coincidentally it only started occurring to me in late 2011 when I first switched to Three! It happened maybe a month or so after the switch out of nowhere when I rebooted my phone one day.
    I am on three and had this happen on my galaxy s too. Thankfully not on the nexus.

Raoul wrote: »
    I am on three and had this happen on my galaxy s too. Thankfully not on the nexus.
    I think it happened to me once since getting my Nexus. It just seems to happen at random, without rhyme or reason. But the solution posted above does solve it and while it might happen again, you'd have almost forgotten all about it by that time as it is rare enough.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,241 ✭✭✭god's toy

Raoul wrote: »

Yep I had that on my S1 S2 and S3 (all from three) but now that I've broken my Sammy addiction I'm happy to say it has not shown on the N4.
    What I did is outlined above.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 970 ✭✭✭lemansky

I succumbed to my own paranoia. :(

Sorry, i have been away the last few days again! Yea the fusion isn't so bad. I will be looking at others in the future though as showing off the back doesn't matter a toss to me really! The reason I chose the fusion in the first place was that of the cases I could find that would deliver to Ireland, it seemed to be the best. Having had such a good experience with PM though.....I may have to look at other options ;)

lemansky wrote: »
    Sorry, i have been away the last few days again! Yea the fusion isn't so bad. I will be looking at others in the future though as showing off the back doesn't matter a toss to me really! The reason I chose the fusion in the first place was that of the cases I could find that would deliver to Ireland, it seemed to be the best. Having had such a good experience with PM though.....I may have to look at other options ;)
    The Ballistic SG case can be ordered off Amazon.co.uk and you have it delivered to PM. I didn't check whether or not they deliver to Ireland (I know Rearth didn't with the Fusion) but delivery to Ireland does often cost a fair bit more, so using PM might be a more economical option. But if you want to save about £3-4 and use PM at the same time, you can certainly use Flubit! I managed to get an offer of £3.83 off the Ballistic SG case with my demand before ultimately deciding to go with the Seidio ACTIVE.

However, all said and done, the Seido ACTIVE coming from the US with the shipping factored, converted to Euros, works out at roughly the same price as getting the Ballistic SG from the UK. Everything is cheaper in the US so the thing that brings it on-par with the UK Ballistic SG price is the cost of delivery ($12 - see my earlier post for exact numbers and links). I reckon that the two cases are just about as good as each other so it all comes down to which one you might prefer to use. It's also a good assumption that you get what you pay for in this market so buying a cheaper case that looks as tough like the Ionic GUARDIAN Armor, it probably isn't as tough, but I am not in a position to disparage it as it could still be a good case that's worth more than the price. Just watch out for the materials, I believe the Ionic GUARDIAN Armor is constructed with hard plastic and rubber. The Ballistic SG and Seidio ACTIVE cases are silicone-based.

Nope, it's still there. I should be getting a new SIM card soon tho. with Three again, but with the same phone. Will it disappear then I wonder? Thanks tho.

Nope, it's still there. I should be getting a new SIM card soon tho. with Three again, but with the same phone. Will it disappear then I wonder? Thanks tho.
    Very strange that it doesn't go away for you. I might solve the issue by getting a new SIM but the settings might not actually be stored on the SIM, it could be on the network itself for your number. I don't know for sure. See how it goes and please post back when you replace the SIM.

Very strange that it doesn't go away for you. I might solve the issue by getting a new SIM but the settings might not actually be stored on the SIM, it could be on the network itself for your number. I don't know for sure. See how it goes and please post back when you replace the SIM.

One of the lads sorted it for me.

The simplest of ways. Enabled the forwarding of calls, then disabled it. Done!

One of the lads sorted it for me.

The simplest of ways. Enabled the forwarding of calls, then disabled it. Done!
    Ah ha! That's what I should have said, as it's what worked for me the first time it happened, but subsequent times I was lucky enough to just go into the menu and have the settings read in from the network for it to work. My apologies for neglecting to mention it.

• Registered Users Posts: 970 ✭✭✭lemansky

The Ballistic SG case can be ordered off Amazon.co.uk and you have it delivered to PM. I didn't check whether or not they deliver to Ireland (I know Rearth didn't with the Fusion) but delivery to Ireland does often cost a fair bit more, so using PM might be a more economical option. But if you want to save about £3-4 and use PM at the same time, you can certainly use Flubit! I managed to get an offer of £3.83 off the Ballistic SG case with my demand before ultimately deciding to go with the Seidio ACTIVE.

That is interesting about Rearth not delivering the fusion to Ireland-they did for me....and it was just about the only decent looking case I could find that would ship here! It was sold by RearthUSA (Rearth) but iirc it came from the UK. The ballistic SG was the one I was trying to get originally, and I think I will look into it again sooner rather than later now that I have seen PM in action :D

Has anyone used the sky sports tv app on the Nexus? I can't get it to work. When I submit my username & password nothing happens.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,580 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

Has anyone used the sky sports tv app on the Nexus? I can't get it to work. When I submit my username & password nothing happens.

Not supported yet afaik...

That's down with Sky though, not Google....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,241 ✭✭✭god's toy

Darn it Samsung! I was just moving on and forgetting about you and your blot ware and really loving My Nexus 4 when I'm reading your planning a Google S4!.. That's Un skinned raw android?

My god it's like your ex showing up wanting to make up but looking 10 times better than when you last seen her... Why do this to me! I'm in a stable relationship with my new Nexus phone... I'm happy... Hmm but still....

Samsung Galaxy S4 Google Edition to be unveiled at Google I/O - http://uk.appy-geek.com/Web/ArticleWeb.aspx?regionid=4&articleid=9184566

I know, I read about that this morning. :(

So much for the Nexus exclusivity, though custom ROMs took that away years ago. But even they take time to port after Google releases the source code. As a Nexus owner you were the first to receive an update.

But to make yourself feel better, think of it this way. €340 for a 16GB Nexus 4 vs. ~€700 for a S4 unlocked. You have 3/4 or more of the phone for around or less than half the price. Cling onto the absolute bargain you got out of the Nexus 4 and feel good about being a cutting-edge consumer! Haha.

Imagine if they announced a Nexus 5 (or whatever they might call it)? How shít would we all feel then?! :eek:

The Google I/O Keynote will be showing live in less than 25 minutes.

Here's your link, everyone:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?&v=9pmPa_KxsAM&hd=1

Be sure to watch in HD and fingers crossed for some interesting announcements!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,264 ✭✭✭✭jester77

Meh, there is something very cheap and plasticy about the Galaxies. It's a pity that HTC don't do the same with their sets, I would be all over that!

• Registered Users Posts: 49,731 ✭✭✭✭coolhull

Silly question, I know, but is it possible to find "smiley faces" on Samsung Galaxy?

coolhull wrote: »
    Silly question, I know, but is it possible to find "smiley faces" on Samsung Galaxy?

Try the Galaxy thread....

:)

Is anyone else's Twitter acting up ever since the Google Search update?

Also, as I'm knew to Andorid, are the updates gonna come in stage, or as one big update through the notification centre?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 987 ✭✭✭Kenny Powers

Have any of ye got insurance for your nexus? I went about buying a policy today but the small print for gadget,chill etc. all state the phone must be bought and used in Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭JKGT

Is anyone else's Twitter acting up ever since the Google Search update?

Also, as I'm knew to Andorid, are the updates gonna come in stage, or as one big update through the notification centre?

I got all the updates last night... No problems with twitter either???? Try re installing the app maybe.

The reason why it takes an age using a PC and USB is the amount of power supplied. The A/C is always going to be faster. But get this, there's a difference in each cable you use, also. I hate the fact that the supplied cable is so short because it does give a decent amount of current when plugged into the A/C. Whereas my 2m USB cable that I had been using with my Galaxy S for the past 6-9 months does not supply even 50% of the current. I used CurrentWidget to test over A/C. You want the number, especially when the battery is low, to be as close to 700mA as possible with the Nexus 4 (plus adding the additional power needed for the phone itself when in operation, bringing it closer to the 1200mA total for the charger's output). My 2m cable barely got up to 200mA and was taking 4-5 hours to charge. The official cable is king, I tested it with results ~700mA, give or take, when the charge was low, but since it's so short, I have another one coming that I ordered on May 4th from Amazon that should be just as good and it's 3m long. When the battery went over 50%, the numbers dropped for me. I'm not sure why, or whether it's normal or not.

I did some reading online and I found an interesting article about it. The cable should be 28AWG/2C + 24AWG/2C spec. It's very difficult to find one this side of the Atlantic. That is, when you go looking for a new cable, it rarely mentions what spec it is, because to find one that lists the specs, at least you know what you're getting. The shipping with Amazon is £6.91, because they are imported from Monoprice in the US (compare the prices with those on Amazon.com and you'll see the difference). I found that the best search term is "Micro USB 28 24 AWG" (leaving out the rest of the spec).

The good news is that there's one with a £0.01 list price, so you basically pay the 1p plus the £6.91 shipping:
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/MPI-Micro-24Awg-Cable-Ferrite/dp/B002KKYFSG
    (note that mine is still in transit and I don't know when it's going to arrive, so I have not verified that it's as good as the official cable yet, but, the spec is supposedly the same)

Hope this helps. But if you are using the official cable and don't mind how short it is, charge it with the A/C adapter if you want to get it done in 1-2 hours. You should get around 100-200mA over USB, based on my own testing. Remember that all the other numbers stated above were taken from tests over A/C. Plus you have to factor in the amount of power being drawn from the screen at the time, which according to the XDA post linked above is 450mA.
    Just reporting back in on this. I received the Monoprice cable on Thursday at PM and it charges just as expected, as good as the official cable, using all of the charger plug's output. It's really thick and seems to be built well and where 10ft (3m) might seem excessive, there are shorter options.

The shipping was quick from the US (even though it was bought from a UK seller on Amazon.co.uk). It took from Wednesday, May 8th to Wednesday, May 15th to get to PM in Northern Ireland and the customs declaration was marked as "Gift."

So anyone in the market for a longer cable without having to compromise on power efficiency (thus increasing the time it takes to charge the device), I'd recommend the Monoprice cable.

My Seidio ACTIVE case hasn't yet arrived from the US in spite of it being shipped on the same day (May 8th) and using the same USPS service (no tracking info). It's not going to PM this time, it should be shipped directly here. I have a feeling those extortion artists at Customs got their grubby paws on it and will require me to pay the VAT. Just get it here, goddamn it, and I'll pay it! Hopefully it'll arrive by early next week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Jet Black

How long does a full charge take? I'm using an official Samsung one and it takes 1hr45min to go from 15% to 90% then 45min for the last 10%. My nexus plug was giving off a buzzing noise so I stopped using it.

Jet Black wrote: »
    How long does a full charge take? I'm using an official Samsung one and it takes 1hr45min to go from 15% to 90% then 45min for the last 10%. My nexus plug was giving off a buzzing noise so I stopped using it.
    Oh, I didn't time the intervals, sorry. I didn't even time the whole process exactly, I just have estimates from when I charged it last night before bed. It took around 1.5-2.5 hours, I suppose, same as with the official cable. I'll note the times during each interval you mentioned the next time my phone is ready for a charge (probably tomorrow).

The official charger plug has a 1200mAh output so the cable you stick into it does matter. You should RMA the charger plug, if possible.

• Advertisement

A quick query. There's an app, sky sports tv, which will now work on the Nexus 4. It won't work if rooted so I've removed root to get it working. It won't accept the log in so I'm wondering could it be because the bootloader is still unlocked.
    I don't want to relock it just to check & then find out it still doesn't work. Sky haven't been any way helpful with the problem.
    So question is could an unlocked bootloader prevent an app from working?

A quick query. There's an app, sky sports tv, which will now work on the Nexus 4. It won't work if rooted so I've removed root to get it working. It won't accept the log in so I'm wondering could it be because the bootloader is still unlocked.
    I don't want to relock it just to check & then find out it still doesn't work. Sky haven't been any way helpful with the problem.
    So question is could an unlocked bootloader prevent an app from working?
    I don't see how it'd even know if the bootloader is unlocked but at this point nothing can be ruled out.

I tried it just there on my rooted phone and got a message saying that the device was not authorized. Is that caused by rooting?

What a mess. What's it to do with Sky if you root your phone or not?

I don't see how it'd even know if the bootloader is unlocked but at this point nothing can be ruled out.

I tried it just there on my rooted phone and got a message saying that the device was not authorized. Is that caused by rooting?

What a mess. What's it to do with Sky if you root your phone or not?
    Yep, it definitely won't work on a rooted phone. Sky don't allow it.

Yep, it definitely won't work on a rooted phone. Sky don't allow it.
    Why are they so particular, would a rooted phone expose weaknesses in their app or subscription system?

Why are they so particular, would a rooted phone expose weaknesses in their app or subscription system?
    The app states it's for security reasons & to protect the content of their partners!

The app states it's for security reasons & to protect the content of their partners!
    Haha, do they yeah? Ah Jesus. Yeah, I just saw that now.

The only thing I can suggest, so you might want to wait for others to chime in, is what you already said, to try and re-lock the bootloader. If you do, also make sure that the stock ROM is flashed without any extra bells and whistles.

Haha, do they yeah? Ah Jesus. Yeah, I just saw that now.

The only thing I can suggest, so you might want to wait for others to chime in, is what you already said, to try and re-lock the bootloader. If you do, also make sure that the stock ROM is flashed without any extra bells and whistles.

Sky app is a weird one, Ive had it work on a few different rooted Roms on my old Wildfire S, it worked on some roms, didn't work on others, all of them being pre-rooted..... no idea why it worked on some and not others!

I had a permanently unlocked bootloader though, so that didn't make a difference....

Yea don't really want to lock the bootloader at the moment as it's handy in case I need to root it again. Hopefully some others here may try to load the tv app & I'll get some feedback as to whether it will work or not.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,248 ✭✭✭rhonin

Has anybody got their Nexus 4 insured and if so with what company?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭advertsfox

rhonin wrote: »
    Has anybody got their Nexus 4 insured and if so with what company?
    Well Chill.ie do it full cover for €6 a month and Gadget Insurance.ie do it for €4 (breakdown seems the same too) but might be discount if your with Chill already.

vZHvPN5.png

60W51Yl.png

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,248 ✭✭✭rhonin

advertsfox wrote: »
    Well Chill.ie do it full cover for €6 a month and Gadget Insurance.ie do it for €4 (breakdown seems the same too) but might be discount if your with Chill already.

vZHvPN5.png

60W51Yl.png

Thanks for that. I checked Chill.ie previously and they didn't have the Nexus 4 as an option.

advertsfox wrote: »
    I've looked into both of them. Gadget Insurance would be €5 if you want full cover for loss also, which adds an extra €1 to the premium.

I'm currently querying a portion of the FAQ with Gadget Insurance.
    Does the replacement cover work on a new for old basis?
    If the electronic gadgets cannot be replaced with identical electronic gadgets of the same age and condition, we will replace it with one of comparable specification or the equivalent value taking into account the age and condition of the original electronic gadgets.

I wanted to know that if the phone needs to be replaced, what would they replace it with, since it cannot be purchased in Ireland and any phone that can be purchased here of equal value is not going to match the Nexus 4 by half.

A nice lady called Ruth queried this for me with the Underwriting department and got back to me today:
    Hi D,

The Underwriters have come back to me on this and have advised that at times the phones are discontinued or unavailable and to ensure that the replacement is issued as soon as possible we have numerous suppliers through which we can obtain alternatives.

You are insured for the handset and its specifications and not for its actual value.

Please note we wouldn’t provide you an alternative without discussing the options with you.

Please follow this link for a copy of terms and conditions. It has a detailed list of all the exclusions.

http://www.gadgetinsurance.com/ie/Pages/PolicyDocuments.aspx

If you have any further queries, please do not hesitate to contact me.

That seems rather vague and I'm not sure it'd work out for the best.

I queried Chill also, even though they do have a Nexus 4 option, but haven't yet received a response.

Regarding the excess, note that for Chill it's €35 and for Gadget Insurance it's €50.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,577 ✭✭✭Heroditas

Anyone know if it is in any way possible to get a replacement screen for the Nexus 4 in Ireland?
    My wife dropped it on concrete today and the display is in bits, can't even unlock the screen now.
    To say I'm annoyed is a slight understatement, barely had it a month....

Heroditas wrote: »
    Anyone know if it is in any way possible to get a replacement screen for the Nexus 4 in Ireland?
    My wife dropped it on concrete today and the display is in bits, can't even unlock the screen now.
    To say I'm annoyed is a slight understatement, barely had it a month....
    Man, sorry to hear that.

I don't think there's anywhere, at least they're not easy to find, in Ireland that would do this. You might need to consult with a UK company that will take delivery of your device and send it back, but there's no telling how expensive that may be.

The cheapest route might to be DIY. Check this out, there's a video to show you how:
    http://www.nexus4forum.com/forum/nexus-4-help/830-broken-screen-replacement.html

You can buy the part directly from LG, like the second post in the link above states:
    http://www.spareslg.com/lcd-e-touch-lg-nexus-4-lg-e960-acq86270901.html

Looking on eBay, it isn't any cheaper, in-fact it's more expensive with most sellers. If you're sure it's just the display and digitizer and nothing else was affected, I think you could be set for an easy enough DIY.

Other spare parts can be found here:
    http://www.spareslg.com/telemoveis/telemoveis/lg-e960/nexus-4-e960.html

Hope this helps and good luck.

Well, I guess I've nothing to lose! Just ordered a replacement screen and it actually looks a bit easier to replace than the previous Galaxy Nexus.
    We can use this as a tester for Boards.ie!!
    Fingers crossed I can do this. I'll report back if I get it done ok. :D

Well, I guess I've nothing to lose! Just ordered a replacement screen and it actually looks a bit easier to replace than the previous Galaxy Nexus.
    We can use this as a tester for Boards.ie!!
    Fingers crossed I can do this. I'll report back if I get it done ok. :D
    Perfect! How long does it take to ship, does it say? It's not a cheap replacement but you could do a lot worse. I suppose with shipping it's around €110-115?

Will you be getting your wife to fit it as punishment? :D

Best of luck again.

EDIT:

I think the shipping to Ireland with TNT is €23.37. I just checked, they only charge €14.76 to the UK. You could use Parcel Motel and save nearly 9 bucks.

Shipping was €19 to Ireland.
    Not too shabby.
    Total cost was €92. VAT was included in the €73 price and if you could confirm you're an EU resident by using your tax number, there were no additional taxes.
    So, all in all, reasonably happy with that.
    Now to find a plectrum and a TX-5 screwdriver!

• Advertisement

Shipping was €19 to Ireland.
    Not too shabby.
    Total cost was €92. VAT was included in the €73 price and if you could confirm you're an EU resident by using your tax number, there were no additional taxes.
    Your PPSN? It said something about paying 0% VAT if you have a VAT ID, so I assumed it would be for businesses only.

Advertisement