Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

rod repair wexford

Options
  • 14-12-2012 12:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭

I'm missing two ceramics out of one of my rods (I took a tumble whislt out rock hopping :o) does anyone know of a place/person in wexford that would fix them. I'd try it myself but it's a nice rod and I want the replacements to look good when fixed not like a botched job done with string and superglue...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 724 ✭✭✭Park Royal

breghall wrote: »
    I'm missing two ceramics out of one of my rods (I took a tumble whislt out rock hopping :o) does anyone know of a place/person in wexford that would fix them. I'd try it myself but it's a nice rod and I want the replacements to look good when fixed not like a botched job done with string and superglue...

My first port of call would be the two?...fishing tackle shops for a referral...

they must meet this nearly every day.....?..

as a matter of interest ....would the rod have a warranty?....maybe worth

sending it back for repair......

some rings are expensive do you know what sort of rod you have and rings

it has?.....

Best of luck.....once its the rods that are damaged and not yourself it

could be worse....

• Registered Users Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭.red.

Best thing to do is bring it to your local tackle shop and they will either fix it for you or know someone who can do the job for you. The more expensive rings are still relativly cheap and replacing the 2 shouldnt cost too much.
    Good luck with it.

There is a guy in Tramore that rebuilds and repairs rods.

He does some really fantastic work.

PM me if you want his number

Advertisement