Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Can someone explain?

• 14-12-2012 1:45pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 709 ✭✭✭

Hi, I recently received this letter from the RSA. Can someone advise me on whether I am better off in the long run trying to complete the test before January 12th, or waiting until the new regulations come in and doing the A2 then? I am 20 years old, have the A learner permit for over 6 months, no previous bike training.

Thanks.

image1puz.jpg

imag1050n.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,619 ✭✭✭prunudo

Hi, I recently received this letter from the RSA. Can someone advise me on whether I am better off in the long run trying to complete the test before January 12th, or waiting until the new regulations come in and doing the A2 then? I am 20 years old, have the A learner permit for over 6 months, no previous bike training.

Thanks.

image1puz.jpg

imag1050n.jpg

At this stage there would be a very slim chance if any of getting a test date before the 12th jan.

I'm not sure why your letter has the 12th mind you as the change over date is the 19th Jan

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 67 ✭✭Mr Motorcycle

jvan wrote: »
    At this stage there would be a very slim chance if any of getting a test date before the 12th jan.

I'm not sure why your letter has the 12th mind you as the change over date is the 19th Jan

Because your 20 it dosent make any difference either way you will be restricted foe two years

The better option is to wait and then you will get an A2 licence when you pass your test so you will gain 10 kws of power with the A2 licence

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 356 ✭✭Roadskill

Thanks.

image1puz.jpg

imag1050n.jpg
    You must have your ibt done before riding alone on the road. Also you won't get a test date unless the RSA have your Ibt on file.
    You will get a full A2 licence once you do pass your test then in 2 years you could do a training upgrade to the full A unrestricted if you wish or do another test.

Advertisement