Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Review of my hobby/activities search site

• 14-12-2012 2:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭

Hi,
    I was living in Canada for the past 18 months and developed this while I was there. I am still fixing bugs and trying to improve it, so any suggestions welcome from a design or usability perspective:

http://www.hobbyhub.ca/

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,560 ✭✭✭Squeeonline

I don't say this often, but very very nice!

I think the search bar is unnecessary especially with a tab dedicated to it. A casual search could be integrated into the grey bar next to "the best way to get access on the web".

I don't see a mobile site (triggered on laptop anyway)

I would remove the "home" tab and have the logo link to the home page.

Add an "about" tab that explains what you're all about.

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭jimmybeige

Cheers for that. Some good suggestions there and I'll implement them.

The grey bar is actually used for a menu when a user logs in so probably not suitable for a search in there.

Yea, I've not got around to mobile yet. Still plenty to do with the site as it is. LOTS of bugs and fixes to do yet unfortunately! Glad you like it though.

Advertisement