Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What to do?

• 14-12-2012 2:16pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,085 ✭✭✭

So the house nextdoor to ours is a rental property about 6 months ago someone new moved in, woman and a small child. Not long after she got a puppy, little JRT. Then the novelty wore off and the barking started.

About a week ago the dog dug his way into our garden. Playing with our fella, running into the house the minute we opened the door. Poor little man is filthy and walking with fleas. I have tried putting him on a lead and walking him out and knocking but she is never there. So we have started feeding him because by the way he is eating she clearly isn't.

What do I do here? Who do I call? She clearly has no interest if she won't even come home to feed the poor thing. I don't care about keeping the peace. I just want to help the dog.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,151 ✭✭✭Irishchick

You could write a letter if she is never there. Just tell her that the dog got out and that it's in your house if she was looking for him.

Then when she comes to collect the dog perhaps you could ask her in for a cup of tea and chat. It might give you the opportunity to find out what is going on.

If you find she cant take care of the dog you could offer to take him for a while or to help him re home him?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,846 ✭✭✭barbiegirl

I know you shpuldn't have to but if he has fleas and you don't want to get them on your son and in the house pick up spme spot on. I know it's not your responsibility but I'd be happier to know that no-one has them. They can be murder to get out of the house.

Otherwise I agree with Irishchick.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,085 ✭✭✭meoklmrk91

barbiegirl wrote: »
    I know you shpuldn't have to but if he has fleas and you don't want to get them on your son and in the house pick up spme spot on. I know it's not your responsibility but I'd be happier to know that no-one has them. They can be murder to get out of the house.

Otherwise I agree with Irishchick.

Oh he's playing with my own dog, I don't have a son:D, my fella has had a spot on recently but I will be picking up another one for him and the neighbours dog next week. He can get back into his own garden so he's only coming in to play or eat. I am will put a note through her letter box to let her know that he is getting in etc.

Advertisement