Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

contracts

Options
  • 14-12-2012 2:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,093 ✭✭✭

So I have a few players on one year contracts that I cannot resign. Some are from fa others were here already. Do I get first shot at signing these or do they go to fa? If so which week are they available to be signed?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,786 ✭✭✭✭Pudsy33

You joined after the first week of the season right? If so it seems the CPU has screwed you, as you will not be able to negotiate contracts with these players. Franchise tagging is an option, but can only be done once.

I may be wrong on all counts here so I'm open to correction.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,130 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

There's a period just before Free Agency where you get a chance to sign your free agents, though some don't appear as available during that time, particularly if they have already rejected a contract from you.

You can franchise tag one player, then everyone else will go into free agency where anyone can bid on the,

• Registered Users Posts: 8,093 ✭✭✭Guffy

I joined when the league was set up. I was only given the option to enter talks with 3 players.

• Registered Users Posts: 659 ✭✭✭HowAreWe

gufc21 wrote: »
    I joined when the league was set up. I was only given the option to enter talks with 3 players.

Same here.

• Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭etloveslsd

To expand on what Adrian said, in this period you can negotiate with players were were FA pick ups (either by you or by the team in real life, before the start of the season) or guys who were franchise tagged by their teams last season who had not negotiated new deals by the time we started our league.

You cannot negotiate with these players at all until the first week of the off season. In my case I cannot talk to Mike Wallace (tagged), Jacob Hester (FA pick up by me) or Max Starks (Single year deal by the Steelers). These guys do not appear on the negotiation screen, until week 1 of the off season.

If the players on the negotiation screen are "unavailable" then the cpu has screwed you over (this has also happened to me - serves me right for going on holidays mid season!!) and they were offered a deal by interim GM A Pilot who didn't do a good job and they decided to hit FA.

The negotiation option only becomes available in week one of the regular season, so if you joined during the pre season, it may not be all A Pilot's fault......

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭Berty44

Players who are on one year contracts will be available to resign when we come to the resignings at season end. These players never appear duing the season as being available, only at season end. Most teams have 5-10 such players.

If you go to Strategy > Salaries you should be able to work out who these players are.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,093 ✭✭✭Guffy

Hey lads just did a quick sim through a season to have a look at the resigning and what not. One thing I couldn't figure out is how do you know how much to offer a player. When you open up the contract screen I'm guessing there are 3 things your looking at. What the initial offer is in the main part that is adjustable and what their interest and expectations are in the player part of screen.

So a players interest in resigning is low but you want them do you need to offer much over the odds or can you pick them up from fa again? Is it possible to tag someone if they reject that first contract or do they go straight to fa? If you tag someone I guess it'll show how much its going to cost will it?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,658 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

From the other franchise i'm in

Players interest low -> More money + higher % of it needs to be bonus

Players interest medium-> Slightly less than the total they want + a % of bonus

Players interest high -> Less than total.

If you really want to keep them (and have no intention of trading) you can offer them less with a bigger bonus.

I've done this with a few guys, in order to get them signed up asap.
    I wont be trading so dont have to worry about cap implications down the line

Advertisement