Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tux/ Suit Rentals

• 14-12-2012 3:01pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 937 ✭✭✭

just wondering where the best place to attain said tux or suit is in limerick??

im going to a black tie thing new years and i dont wanna uy cheap suit. id prefer to hire in the frame of mind that it wouldnt look cheap compared to one i would buy for the same price.

i dont wanna go spending over a €100 on something im going to wear once. as i said rentals are my prefernce since i think it might look better.

obviously a tux would b awesome but a suit would do

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,857 ✭✭✭langdang

I've rented a grand tux + shirt + bow from BlackTie on O'Connell Street - very good to deal with. The shirt did need ironing but oh well. I've rented (wedding party) suits from Connollys, also very good to deal with. Both shops are very reasonable on price IMO.

Denis mcguinness on Hyde road is good too. I'm assuming he's still in business. Been a while since I've dealt with him

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,279 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

shaaane wrote: »
    Denis mcguinness on Hyde road is good too. I'm assuming he's still in business. Been a while since I've dealt with him

+1 on Denis.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 891 ✭✭✭Mmmm_Lemony

There is a place called Tangos Dresshire, right beside the central bank. They have excellent quality stuff and because its such a small outfit, the price is a lot cheaper than the likes of black tie, and you will be gauranteed to have it fit you on the day.

Black tie is a joke if you ask me. I've had friends who have gotten suits there and they look like they were given 2 sizes too big. They had said that the guys on the floor looked like they werent trained well and didn't really know what they were doing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,279 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

There is a place called Tangos Dresshire, right beside the central bank. They have excellent quality stuff and because its such a small outfit, the price is a lot cheaper than the likes of black tie, and you will be gauranteed to have it fit you on the day.

Black tie is a joke if you ask me. I've had friends who have gotten suits there and they look like they were given 2 sizes too big. They had said that the guys on the floor looked like they werent trained well and didn't really know what they were doing.

Dublin is a bit far to go to hire a tux. ;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,857 ✭✭✭langdang

bazz26 wrote: »

Dublin is a bit far to go to hire a tux. ;)
    Mmmmm_losty....

I had reservations about blacktie based on poor experiences in the past in the cork branch. But the limerick staff are very good.

Advertisement