Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Non-home branch sending letter re: student account status change

Options
  • 14-12-2012 3:02pm
    Hosted Moderators Posts: 7,485 ✭✭✭

Bank of Ireland recently wrote to me informing me that they were moving me off a student account, as I'm no longer a student. The letter came from an individual branch that wasn't my own one.

Are BOI allowing staff in other branches to "shake down" accounts for bonuses / commission?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 719 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Linda

Hi Red Alert,

The letter should reference your branch your account is held with. Is it possible your branch is a subsidiary of another branch or was part of a merging of branches previously? What branch is your account held with?

Thanks
    Linda

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 7,485 ✭✭✭Red Alert

Held in Dundrum, but letter came from Stillorgan.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 371 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Graham

Hi Red Alert,

Thanks for getting back to us. The letters were actually sent centrally and not from individual branches. Apologies that the incorrect branch information was printed on the letter you received. We have notified your branch in Dundrum.

Thanks again for posting,
    Graham

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 7,485 ✭✭✭Red Alert

Thanks Graham.

Advertisement